🔵 [Aug 25, 2019] Trials of Serenity Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Serenity!

Or, as @princess1 reminds us from Seinfeld:

This is the Fourth of the Trials in the 7th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 3.5 hours earlier at 3:30:00 AM (03:30 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Serenity

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Serenity?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Serenity?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Serenity?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items
0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Serenity?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:
0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Serenity

• Justice in Stages 1 and 2 blinds your whole team, and Richard in Stages 2 and 3 causes an attack debuff. How did you deal with that?

• Did having few healer options in the Paladin and Ranger classes impact you?

• Paladin Cyprian can be effective for killing AoE and multi-target hitters like Justice and Richard. Do you have Cyprian, and if so, did you bring him along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Serenity occurred:

4 Likes
  • Justice in Stages 1 and 2 blinds your whole team, and Richard in Stages 2 and 3 causes an attack debuff. How did you deal with that?

Antidotes, and gave Richard a taste of his own medicine by reducing his attack. And the riposte helped too.

• Did having few healer options in the Paladin and Ranger classes impact you?

Not much really.

• Paladin Cyprian can be effective for killing AoE and multi-target hitters like Justice and Richard. Do you have Cyprian, and if so, did you bring him along?

Yup I did! Made dealing with justice a bit easier and was a harsh lesson that spirit link and riposte DO NOT go together.

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

Nope.

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

Didn’t really change my team from last time. Although they have gained significant power since the previous time.

• What items did you use, if any?

Just a few antidotes and an axe.

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

Paladin emblems are going to Tyrum #1 for now until maxed then gonna work on Cyprian. Ranger emblems are being split between Berden and Chao. Chao I am saving up for first node only, finish upgrading Berden, then concentrate on Chao.

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

Still not high enough to do so.

• Anything else interesting to share?

Nope.

4 Likes

greg - buddy - triton - cyprian - sonya

Same team as last time. One bomb used to speed up the finish but it’s not really needed.
Cyprian does a lot of great work here :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Team last time:

Team this time after shuffling the deck chairs around a bit:

Mostly a few levels and adding mana potions and dropping the axe attack. Got a little cocky at the end when I was profoundly surprised that the bosses didn’t die immediately to an Ares-Frida-Richard hulk smash. Guess I’ve been raiding too much.

No emblems spent on anyone since Ares is saving up for +8, and Seshat needs one more tabard and a whole lotta feeders before she’s earned hers. My third Kiril nommed the trainer though.

Thanks as always zephyr. :heart:

7 Likes

I could pretty much copy my post from last time. Didn’t even get any new talents, since the next node is 125 emblems and that takes a while to farm.

So:
Lianna +7, Richard, QoH +7, Aegir, Tiburtus.
No items needed.

Finally got enough emblems for Lianna, but QoH still needs to wait a little. Trainer hero went to Elena, since I have no blue to train.I could raise a second Magni or Richard, but I’ll propably trade them away when the hero academy comes out.
My second Lianna comes close to 3/70, so maybe I will ascend her for next time. Or I’ll go for Elkanen afterall. I need some more fire power for Cleric trials, whereas Ranger trials are pretty much set.

6 Likes

Hard lvl done IA has one target only!
Alasie it must hate her :joy:
And chao’s special bypassing aegir buffs 2 times against her!

7 Likes

Last time Aegir was 3/70
Frida had +4 but they all on Aegir
Used a few bombs this time

5 Likes

Chao, Tibs, Frida, Cyp, Triton

Cyp was the real hero here. Used some healing flask as no healer.
Trainer went to Frida 2

6 Likes

1 axe, Seshat & Athena survived.
Emblems saved, trainer to Miki.
Boss battle:

8 Likes

This time was much easier since I added lianna who came from tc20 last week with kadilen and isarnia. My team was tyrum, triton, Khagan, lianna and tiburtus. I replaced Isshtak with lianna happily. She is at 3.40 going up quickly. I have mats to level her plus another green too. This trial is not a breeze but it’s now possible to do without nuking the final stage.

3 Likes

Same team as last time :

Same ugly result.
Carpet bombed everything

Worst trial for me

Sonya got to +18
Ranger emblems on the bench for whoever will prove itself worthy (Not you Chao :rofl:)
Miki will get the trainer

8 Likes

Last time my team was

This time

Stage 1 and 2, Justice wasn’t able to fire, the defense debuff from Athena and Frida got both bosses eliminated quickly.

Redhood was awesome, her minion prevented Chao’s mana reduction and provided healing repeatedly, much better than the last time when I was struggling with healing from Aegir.
Went into the 3 stage full mana and all minions, and again set off Athena and Frida, then watched bosses HP depreciating as blue tiles hit here and there.
When Richard was near full mana, I unleashed Cyprian +3, Richard blew up himself, shortly after Lianna, leaving me to play around Chao a little before finishing him off.
The last time I actually struggled with Richard, forcing me to use a lot of nukes, and was wondering why the game doesn’t have nature paladins, now I have gotten the solution in Athena and Frida combo.

So this time absolutely no item was used.
Athena is at 3/63, to eat the trainer at 4/xx. The Rangers emblems being banked at moment would be shared between Athena and RH, the paladin emblems would go to either Frida or Aegir.

5 Likes

My team isn’t wildly different from last time as far as the chosen heroes are concerned, but 2 big ones are much more powerful now and took this from a “not attempt the 3rd stage” to “going to win this 3rd stage with bombs, arrows, and these two heroes left standing”.

Last time it was Seshat, Red Hood, 2nd Seshat, Tibertus and Triton. Most weren’t above ascension tier 1, with only Seshat #1 in the 3rd tier and Tibertus in the 2nd. Definitely ran into a wall in stage 2.

THIS time I took Seshat (1/1), Red Hood (4/18), Seshat (4/80/3), Tibertus (2/30), Guardian Falcon (1/4).

Smooth sailing until 3rd stage. 1/1 Sesh and Falcon caved almost immediately. Was expecting that and didn’t waste any healing pots on them. Figured if I was going to do this, it was going to be by relying on the cute skulls and the scary foxes. Wait, reverse that.

Anyway, Tibertus lasted longer than expected and made me appreciate his talents more than I had previously - even with him only ascended into the 2nd tier. I used a couple healing pots on him early in the boss fight and he went down swinging.

But in the end it was Seshat and Red Hood who won it for me in a blaze of minions. Oh, and bombs. All the bombs, 3 arrows, and really no board help to speak of tbh.

My shiny new Misandra got the trainer dessert, Seshat will get the emblems, and Tibertus gets my newfound respect.

7 Likes

Last time only stage 2.
And this time I’m sure can beat stage 3, as I have progress so far, well let see how the result, with this team… drum bell please… :drum:

It is very hard using no healer.

Boss stage start is not good, all 10 heal used, 5 axes used.

Richard and Lianna is ready to fire… :open_mouth:

The result is failed…
OK, give up for now I think… or should I bring Gunnar? who to replace? what items more eficience? Advices are welcome.

7 Likes

Bring items heal, heal, turtle, bomb.

3 Likes

My team:

• Tiburtus +15
  • Sonya + 11
  • Thorne 3^28
  • Gunnar 3^50
  • Berden 3^50

Compared to last time, Tiburtus is up 3 talents, Sonya is up 2, and Thorne is once again on the rise (up from 2^60 last time) after a detour to max and emblem Kiril. This trial just angers me because my ranger stable is so terrible. I don’t have Chao, so the only way I have to make my team better is to start on Cyprian and run four paladins, but I am approaching final ascension for Domitia, so Cyp will have to wait.

The first two waves went down pretty easily, thanks to the Tiburtus-Thorne combo. On the third wave, it was less straightforward, since this wasn’t enough to take out the mobs, but following up with Sonya and Berden got me pretty close. Knowing that Thorne is going to continue to get stronger gives me hope that this trial can get easier eventually, as only one wave has more than three enemies, so Tiburtus + Thorne should just continue getting more effective. Babysitting three-stars through this trial is horrible, though and I did have to use some health potions just to limp them to the bosses, even with Spirit Link active much of the time.

I entered the boss wave with everyone but Berden charged, and he was close. Fired a dragon and bomb, knowing that there are no healers, and I was eventually going to have to nuke the bosses anyway. Since I was targeting Lianna with specials and even hit a few tile combos straight up the middle, I was almost able to take her out by the time my first dragon burned through. Naturally, Gunnar and Berden both died about that time, so I fired a second dragon/bomb combo and continued trying to limp through on tile damage. Low on health potions, and with Tiburtus and Sonya both critical, Richard thumped my fully charged Thorne with his special, and it was time for the battle items. Five axes and two more bombs, plus a smattering of tile damage to finish off the Chao and Richard.

Both Sonya and Tiburtus were able to gain another talent with the emblems, and the trainer hero gained three levels for Thorne, so that was a nice reward toward possibly doing better next time. Honestly, as poor as this team is for me, I suppose I should be happy it wasn’t a more expensive victory.

7 Likes

@Noble_Weasel What was your blue tile damage like on stage three? Cause it looked like a 3-1-1 lineup you went with. I would imagine it would be doing 80 to 90 on stage three. Maybe over 100 a little bit.

well, good idea to try… let see the result… drumb bell again… :drum:

Heal - Heal - Turtles - Dragon attack

Boss stage,… all turtle used, 11 of 15 heal used, mhhh… :thinking:

No problem so far, because tiles is good, and dragon attack hit very hard… Tiburtus died thought… Falcon and Triton is ready to fire. Falcon fires, and it’s over…

:tada: great, my 1st Trials of Serenity, done! :grinning:
Emblem Paladin for Falcon, Ranger keep for later.
Trainer for Kiril (4.61).

Thanks @DracoLovesRi :wink::+1:

6 Likes

Unfortunately, I didn’t really notice. I probably should pay more attention, but when I know I’ve put my best lineup out there, I just roll with it. Gunnar’s tile damage isn’t great, and at this level, Thorne is also sub-500 on attack. Plus, one boss and half the mobs are green, so that also hurts.

1 Like