🔵 [Sep 29, 2019] Trials of Serenity Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Serenity!

Or, as @princess1 reminds us from Seinfeld:

This is the Fourth of the Trials in the 8th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 2.5 hours earlier at 4:30:00 AM (04:30 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Serenity

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Serenity?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Serenity?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Serenity?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items
0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Serenity?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:
0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Serenity

• Justice in Stages 1 and 2 blinds your whole team, and Richard in Stages 2 and 3 causes an attack debuff. How did you deal with that?

• Did having few healer options in the Paladin and Ranger classes impact you?

• Paladin Cyprian can be effective for killing AoE and multi-target hitters like Justice and Richard. Do you have Cyprian, and if so, did you bring him along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Serenity occurred:

3 Likes

Got nothing exciting to report.
Same team as last time (Richard,Aegir,QoH+8,Lianna+9,Tiburtus). No items used.
Emblems aren’t enough for the next node, Trainer hero is waiting for any non-double 5* that I will hopefully get soon.
I got a second Lianna at 3/70, but I won’t use my tonics until I know if I get Kingston or not. And she couldn’t replace Tiburtus’ pulverizer anyway. So my serenity team is likely to stay that way for a long time.
Blue mana troops are on lvl21, so maybe in a year or two I can get them to 23 and drop Aegirs mana costs to have him heal more regulary.

8 Likes

Greg-Buddy-Triton-Thorne-Sonya

Though I love Cyprian’s riposte for bosses generally, Thorne replaces Cyprian this time around for nicer colour distribution. And It worked just fine.

6 Likes

That’s the best I had for the trials. In my alt acc
2048 power.

And that’s what I had in the end of the 2nd level.

I was forced to use the item barrage strategy :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Same team
Last time Frida had no emblems
And i really need to accend 2nd Tiburtis or keep leveling Thorne

Took photo before Boss fight

Used 2 bombs to weaken the attack, got Choa the Richard

Fridas defence down is awesome

Trainer got Gwen to 4/79 lol, 10 2*s away from eating a heap of emblems

8 Likes

This team worked well and provided some healing.

10 Likes

My main account available team

I just did the first stage I don’t think I can the 2nd one.

7 Likes

Boss Battle Clip

10 Likes

Love the no prisoners approach, when the board gets awry, nuke them off the planet :grinning:

2 Likes

Last time : RH 4/53, Athena 3/63, Cyprian +3, Frida +3 and Lianna +6

This time a few changes: RH 4/80, Athena 4/69 and Cyprian +6.

Significantly again RH was awesome, providing healing from minions and counter boss Chao, then Athena depreciated their defs, boss Richard committed suicide on reposte active on Athena, following that boss Lianna one shot Athena though she was about full health , from there blue tile damage helped. No item used.

The trainer hero goes to Athena @ above 4/70, while all emblems would be banked for now.

9 Likes

New team in the making. Out goes Gunnar and Berden, in comes Lianna and Tib. Also has a 2/60 Khagan option

Entered boss wave with no healing pots left but everyone near full health.
Even at 2/60, Lianna managed to hit for 900, thanks to Tibs :partying_face:
Once the boss charged, 3 heroes died but riposte was on, so it eventually help me in the long run.
Used a last dragon and bomb to take them all out at the same time

Overall, pretty satisfied, as it has always been the worst trial for me. With an unleveled team, i managed to beat it without nuking so, can’t wait for Lianna and Tiburtus to be fully leveled.
Emblems waiting for Lianna
Paladin emblems waiting
Trainer (haven’t noticed the color) for whoever 5* is in his last tier :rofl:

9 Likes

Had the same team of Gunnar, Tyrum, Cyprian, Chao, and Berden. Did the first two stages. Had to stagger the counter attack and the spirit link because they do not work well together at all. Once I get Sonya to 4th ascension she will be subbing Gunnar as my main blue until I get Triton high enough to be able to participate.

Pally emblems are being saved for Cyprian, and ranger emblems for Chao until he reaches node 15, then will be working on Triton.

8 Likes

Chao, Tiburtus, Frida, Cyp, Triton

Went through the 1st two stages pretty easy.
The last stage I lost Chao when Richard fired. Glad I brought both medium and small healing potions, the lack of healers makes it tougher.
Frida and Triton finished of Chao

Blue trainer is going to Sonya who I’ve been sitting on but decided to finish off.

7 Likes

Evelyn - Lianna - Ares - Alasie - Frida

5 Likes

Last time:

This time, besides giving the mana troop to Frida which seems better in retrospect, I took out Chao and subbed in The Queen… of Hearts.

Man, QoH made this trial so much easier. I didn’t need to worry about my squishy 3/70 Red Hood at all. Final stage locked and loaded:

Queen doesn’t hit hard, but she accidentally killed Richard when he was about to wind up. Oops.

Sonya went to +7, trainer and ranger queued for when I get my 6th Royal Tabard and final ascend Seshat.

And a thanks as always to zephyr. Orz

10 Likes

My team this time:

• Tiburtus +18
  • Sonya +14
  • Thorne 4^48
  • Gunnar 3^50
  • Berden 3^50

Compared to last time, Tiburtus is up 4 talents, Sonya is up 3, and Thorne has claimed my first set of scopes, rising to 4^48 from 3^28. I’ve been griping for a while about needing Chao for this trial to move one of the three-stars out of my lineup, but Chao waited too long to show up. He popped out of my TC 20 a couple of weeks ago and showed up again in my one Atlantis summon this past week. But Onatel just claimed the darts from Shiloh and is ascending toward full enlightenment. That stopped Vivica at 3^40, but I’ll probably finish taking her to 3^70 after Onatel is done, so I guess Berden can get comfy for a while, since Chao is so far down the priority list now.

Only notable thing about the mob waves is that one slash attack did a number on Berden before I could get spirit link up - he didn’t die, but didn’t miss it far. The Tiburtus-Thorne combo was once again effective. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged. Probably should have fired a dragon and bomb right away, but I didn’t. Focused on Lianna, and did a fair amount of damage before she eventually fired. Spirit link saves the day. Once I ran out of healing potions, I did spring for the dragon and bomb, which killed Lianna and left Chao hurting badly. Finished Chao with tiles and then just watched Richard’s mana meter for the right time to open the arsenal. Overall, I used one dragon, two bombs, and two axes, and only Berden died - although everyone else was critical - so I think that’s pretty good for a team with two three-stars.

Sonya goes to +15; Tiburtus is short of another ranger node. Thorne claims the trainer hero and inches his way closer to max.

10 Likes

Truyum chao cyprian falcon triton
Will do the first n second stage! Give Me enough emblems to put chao+5 and falcon+7

5 Likes

My team this time. Couldn’t find the last time but this is the one that popped up when I started so I can only assume it’s the same. Since last time i have leveled a Gunnar and was curious if he would make a difference but I ended up not using him. The trainer will be fed to Alice, who is at 4/63. Sonya was my dispeller. I don’t have any healers for this one so I brought several healing pots. I’m giving the ranger emblems to Triton until he’s gets into double digits. Call me weird but I was curious about what Gunnar would look like with 20 paladin emblems, so now he’s up to +19 and he will serve on my 3* team for events (unless blue is reflected, at which point I will have to pivot strategy).

7 Likes

My team and supplies:

The first two stages, I didn’t use any items, nor did I go as packed as for the last stage. But I didn’t have to use everything, just a few Super Antidotes and Dragon Attacks.

Here’s action shots from the last stage:

I lit 'em so well, turned Richard to red. :slight_smile:

Miki will likely get the trainer hero. The emblems are going into stock.

7 Likes