It’s time for Trials of Serenity!
This is the 4th of the Trials in the 4th Cycle!
NOTE: The Trials officially start at This post is scheduled to go live 2 hours earlier at 5:00:00 AM (05:00 GMT).
|Paladins & Rangers||Chao, Justice, Richard & Lianna||
Green/Nature & Blue/Ice
Final Boss HP
Version 20: Each Boss in Stage 3 has 3907 HP
History: Increased Difficulty of the Final Stage
Click for Archive of Version 19 vs. Version 20 Final Stage Difficulty
According to the Version 20 Release Notes, the Final Stage of Class Trials was made harder:
We’ve now been through a full cycle of the Trials since then, so we’ve seen those changes in action, particularly in Final Boss HP, where it’s most directly observable.
It’s also possible, however, that other adjustments were made to Defense or Attack, or to the monsters prior to the bosses.
|Trials||v19 HP||v20 HP||Increase|
Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking
For many players who can get through the monsters to the Final Bosses, but struggle to beat the Final Bosses, carpet bombing/item nuking the Bosses is a viable strategy.
Click for Guide to Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking for Trials of Strength
If you plan on carpet bombing/item nuking, focus on surviving until the Bosses, and don’t worry too much about counteracting them, particularly if you’re going for a full nuke them from orbit approach.
Use your item slots for your attack items, and any remaining slots for health.
Battle Item Damage Reference
|Battle Item||Forge Level||Direct Damage||Max DoT||Max Total|
|Dragon Attack||16||400||132 (requires playing 6 turns between each attack)||532|
Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking Strategies
|Strategy||Direct Damage||Additional Damage Required for Stage 3 Bosses|
|5x + 5x + 3x||4100||0|
|5x + 5x + 5x||4000||0|
|5x + 5x||3500||407|
|5x + 5x||3000||907|
|5x + 5x + 5x||3000||907|
|5x + 5x||2500||1407|
|5x + 5x||2000||1907|
|5x + 5x||1500||2407|
Additional Recommended Items
Click for Additional Recommended Items
|All||Antidotes||Justice in Stages 1 and 2 causes blindness, and Richard in Stages 2 and 3 causes an attack debuff,— all of which can make Antidotes very useful.|
|All||Healing Pots||Paladins and Rangers are relatively short on healers, so you may want to bring healing pots.|
|All||Mana Pots||If you do have a Paladin or Ranger healer, you may want mana as a backup in case you have trouble charging them from tiles.
Be mindful that all forms of mana pots can be difficult to sustain production of with frequent usage.
|All||Time Stops||Time Stops can be an effective, albeit resource-expensive, way of preventing Bosses from firing, and providing you more opportunities to manage the board to charge specials and do damage.
Be mindful that Dragon Bone can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.
|All||Banners||Banners are always a good option for increasing defense and/or attack.|
|All||Revive or Miracle Scrolls||Revive or Miracle Scrolls can be an effective option if your team is on the weaker side, and the little extra boost will get your through.
Be mindful that Midnight Root, Orichalcum Nugget, and Meteor Fragments can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.
A helpful reminder from @Gryphonknight:
@Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Serenity
Click for Mariamne's Guide
@madmarv’s Video Tutorial Using Classic 4* Heroes If Possible
Click for madmarv's Video Tutorial
@madmarv has been doing a video tutorial series for each Trial, attempting to use only classic 4* heroes if possible.
How did you do last time on Trials of Serenity?
- Last time I beat all 3 stages
- Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
- Last time I beat just the first stage
- Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
- Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
How did you do this time on Trials of Serenity?
- This time I beat all 3 stages
- This time I beat just the first 2 stages
- This time I beat just the first stage
- This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Serenity?
- Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
- I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
- I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
- I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
- I didn’t use any items
Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Serenity?
(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)
- I love all the Trials equally
- It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
- I like it more than many of the Trials
- It’s about average for me
- I dislike it more than many of the Trials
- It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
- I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming
Share Your Team & Results!
Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!
Special Questions for Trials of Serenity
Justice blinds your whole team, and Richard causes an attack debuff. How did you deal with that?
Did having few healer options in the Paladin and Ranger classes impact you?
Paladin Cyprian can be effective for killing AoE and multi-target hitters like Justice and Richard. Do you have Cyprian, and if so, did you bring him along?
Standard Questions for All Trials
Did your team change notably since last time?
Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
What items did you use, if any?
What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
Anything else interesting to share?
You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Serenity occurred:
- [Apr 7, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Serenity Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!
- [Mar 3, 2019] Trials of Serenity Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!
- [Jan 27, 2019] Trials of serenity
- [Jan 27, 2019] No healer for Trials of Serenity? No problem!
- [Jan 27, 2019] If someone were to make a Serenity team with w/ Evelyn, Athena, RedHood, Chao and Tiburtus (humor)
- [Jan 25, 2019] Trials of serenity - nervous team prep