What’s this all about?
Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format
Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.
If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.
And that’s actually allowed!
What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:
The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.
The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.
My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.
Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.
Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.
Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.
It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.
That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.
Often Incomplete Information Circulates
Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.
These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.
Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.
I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.
What’s Going on in Beta Right Now
Path of Valor
Discussion thread: 🧪 Early Information on the Path of Valor [Part of the Beta Beat v25 & v26]
please see above thread for all info and discussion
New HOTM (Heroes of the Month)
- 🧪 Early Information on the December 2019 HOTM (Grimble)
- 🧪 Early Information on the January 2020 HOTM (Vela)
- 🧪 Early Information on the February 2020 HOTM (Jean-François)
- 🧪 Early Information on the March 2020 HOTM (Telluria)
please see above threads for all info
Bug Fixes & Smaller Changes
- Fixed a bug where defeated minions were still showing in UI.
- Fixed a bug where enemies using revive talent sometimes turned invisible instead of transparent.
- Fixed a bug where Marie-Therese’s and Atomos’ special skills didn’t always work correctly due to an issue Stage Property in the final Season 2 stage.
- Fixed a rare bug where some players didn’t receive Challenge event tier completion rewards.
- Combining Alkashards doesn’t include Rare Ascension Items that can be received as loot from map stages as an option.
- The color of the VIP dragon can now be changed to purple if the VIP pass has more than 30 days left. When the VIP pass has less than 30 days left the dragon will turn green.
Discussion thread: please discuss these changes here in this thread
I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?