🧪 Early Information on the December 2019 HOTM (Grimble)

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the December 2019 HOTM, Grimble.

Click for Mostly Useless Information from Beta

Don’t get too attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Grimble Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 615
Defense: 824
HP: 1425

Class: Cleric
Resist: Blind – The Hero has an innate ability to resist status ailments that affect Accuracy. Doesn’t apply to status effects from allies.
Element: Dark/Purple

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Gnomish Carnage

• Destroys all minions from all enemies.
  • Deals 235% damage to all enemies.
  • All allies get a small amount of mana for each destroyed minion.
  • Element Link gives all Dark allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

15 Likes

Sounds very situational. The question is, can you afford ascension mats for something so application-specific.

9 Likes

With the Addition of new minion heroes and the druid talent this hero may see some use against those. Ke is especially good against Deliah.
No-slow AoE hitters are also good for attackbuff-wars.

4 Likes

bookmarked for future read!

New favorite special skill name!

12 Likes

I think we can all agree this is a great special name. But I am confused about the rest of the hero. The stats suggest a strong defensive presence, and possibly even a tank role. That’s where the anti-blind measure would seem most potent, at least. But that role is at odds with minion eating, which seems like a hard skill to get right on defense at all, but especially difficult at tank. It feels like it’d fire too early, before minions hit the field.

I’ll be curious to see where others feel this hero can slot in, especially since it should be available concurrently with the winter event, making it subject to EHT’s.

14 Likes

Yeah, I feel like it’s a similar issue to Margaret where the stats don’t make sense in relation to the special. The stats say tank, but it’s clearly designed to counter specific heroes like Delilah, Drake, etc that you can just leave on the bench if you’re raiding.

Will still be worth using vs. Delilah tank I think, but that AoE with such a weak attack stat is going to be seriously underwhelming. Would like to not see attack stats < 650 for 5* heroes that aren’t clear tanks.

2 Likes

WOW. That’s a powerful element link. At the very least that may make him worth for yellow titans without better options available.

His skill is so-so though, but with those defensive stats I can see myself using him over Gobbler lol.

Not sure he’ll have a place as a tank, maybe just for stats alone. But his skill is not very good for tanking. He’s no Kunchen, Ursena, Boss Wolf, etc… more situational since the minion destroying effect is the treat, but unlikely that the attacking team will have them when he fires since tanks usually fire their skill first. Without the minion mana gain, it’s just a damage to all skill + element link, with slightly better damage than Kadilen’s skill (but she’s fast)

Is he based on Grimble at Christmas like the children’s book? :stuck_out_tongue: lol that’s cute and fits in with his month

6 Likes

Yes he’s situational and seems to luxury for big spenders. I wouldn’t use mats on him, maybe his stats make him viable even at 3.70

Not really a hero that screams must have at first glance. Kind of disappointing since I’m saving all my EHT’s for the winter event so more than likely will be landing Grimble

1 Like

Look like December gonna be rough…

Grimble is first 5* minion eater which is well plan on featured selling point during Christmas seasonal event… and I think possibly first new launch debut of Avalon Knights also.

Elemental Link combo with Seshat and Grimble sound fun to me, finger crosses!

4 Likes

Christmas event last year was active in December and January so if it’s the same this year you could pull for January HOTM.

8 Likes

I expect this effect to be nerfed. 10% crit is huge.

But considering previous element links, we can expect more HOTMs with crit link in the future.

7 Likes

I agree with the tank part. I think it is going to be another niche hero. But as you said, on defense which is where this hero would work, it would be unlikely to have the minions up when the skill goes off. Plus the attack is about the same as Quintus so that really doesn’t help much. With all the other great dark heroes I really can’t see this one getting to the front of the line for mats. Seshat, Ursena, Kage, Sartana, Panther, Khiona, and on and on.

5* heroes

I believe the Devs do not care.

If enough people draw Grimble ( and the gnome riding Grimble), people will level them.

Becareful what you wish for

Grimble appears to be everything players complained about Gobbler. Anti- yellow ( resist blind and destroy minions ), sturdy enough to survive multiple minion summons, gives mana when minions destroyed.

The closest comparisons seem to be Cheshire Cat is an anti- Guinevere, Captain of Diamonds is and anti- Red Queen and Grimble appears to be an anti- Delilah.

Mana

It would be cool if Grimble destroyed ALL minions so you could pair Grimble with summoner heroes to boost mana generation.

But Grimble will never be an Gravemaker.

Elemental link

On average this is +10% damage and only applies to same color.

Edit: Oops, you already said this.

Additional, the next 4 HotM will also have it.

7 Likes

Hmmmm…grimble is a gamble

2 Likes

Who will level Grimble:

• People with very few or none 5* heroes who will level any legendary they get,
  • Old f2p players who sit on tabards, don’t want to level 3rd Sartana and were lucky enough to pull him,
  • Advanced and spending players who have broad rosters and seek for specialized heroes to gain huge advantage on rare occasions.

Many concious c2p will skip summons in December, or will bring him to 3.70 and use tabards on more universal hero.

6 Likes

Not if they have EHTs and are seeking Santa/Mother North/Buddy. They will be summoning with mad desperation. A few are bound to pull the HOTM.

5 Likes

Last year Christmas event was active in December and January. I’ll decide when to use my tokens when I see January HOTM. After all, Grimble should be still usable at 3.70

2 Likes

I saw Grimble card today, he is like a dwarf riding a… goat? I can’t guess if his animal is a goat or something else… It looks like a goat, but I like the art of this heroe.

3 Likes