This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the March 2020 HOTM, Telluria.
Click for Mostly Useless Information from Beta
Don’t get too attached
Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.
It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.
So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.
Telluria Beta Info & Stats
Resist: Minion Removal – The Hero has an innate ability to resist Minion removal.
Mana Speed: Average
Special Skill: Force of Forest
190%damage to all enemies.
- Summons a Forest Familiar Minion for all allies with
20%HP and 13% attack inherited from the caster.
- All allies regenerate 548 HP over 4 turns.
- All enemies get -34% mana generation for 4 turns.
- Element Link gives all Nature allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
Avoiding Overspending & Heartache
Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?
Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.
It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.
On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.
But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.
Some useful insights:
- 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
- 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
- 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352
Putting that in Perspective
- 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull
- If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM
- 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull
- If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM
More Insights & Reading
I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:
- How much should I spend?- HotM cost, and odds, analysis
- What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about “unfair pulls”)
If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later.
For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see: