🧪 Early Information on the Path of Valor [Part of the Beta Beat v25 & v26]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the new Path of Valor feature.

Path of Valor

General Overview

The Path of Valor is a new type of game event, completely different than any of the existing ones.

It’s a 50 day event, during which there are Daily Challenges and Valor Challenges. This is not a Stage-based Event, unlike Challenge Events and Seasonal Events. It’s about completing Challenges in various parts of the game. There isn’t new playable World Map/Quest content.

Completing these Challenges will earn you Valor Points, which unlock rewards.

@PeachyKeen put it well, saying it’s a bit like new Missions with unique rewards.

Path of Valor has two sets of rewards: Free and Premium rewards. Premium rewards are unlocked when Valor Pass is activated — and the Valor Pass requires purchase. (NOTE: The price of the Valor Pass is set to FREE in Beta, so I don’t know what it will cost. More on that below.)

If you unlock a Milestone, you’ll get the Free reward (if any), whether you’ve purchased the Valor Pass or not. If you’ve purchased the Valor Pass, then you’ll ALSO get the Premium reward for that Milestone.

In-Game Tooltip Description

Get ready for glorious challenges and reward on the Path of Valor!

Daily Challenges
Daily Challenges Change every day. You only have 24 hours to complete them.

Valor Challenges
Valor Challenges are active for the whole duration of the Path of Valor. Valor Challenges are Tiered: completing one Valor Challenge will reveal the next Tier of that Challenge.

Valor Points
Challenges give you Valor Points. Valor Points are needed to reach Milestones on the Path of Valor.

Milestones
Each Milestone can have Normal Rewards and Premium Rewards for you to collect. Premium Rewards are only available for the players with an active Valor Pass.

Valor Pass

The Valor Pass is a purchasable item that unlocks premium rewards on the Path of Valor. You still must unlock the rewards on the Path of Valor by completing the challenges.

The price in Beta is set to free, so I have no insight into how much it will cost in the live game.

The Valor Pass also includes 300 Gems and 1 Epic Hero Token.

Thanks to @Peterenp for confirming in Beta that if the Valor Pass is purchased after earning sufficient Valor Points for a Premium reward, you can still unlock and claim those premium rewards. So players will be able to decide whether they want to purchase the Valor Pass even after they begin completing Daily and Valor Challenges without losing out on Premium rewards.

Critical Information for Context

• Amount of Valor Points received from Challenges are testing values for beta testing. (as of the third Beta of Path of Valor, the Build Notes no longer include this)
  • Amount of Valor Points needed to reach milestones are testing values for beta testing. (as of the third Beta of Path of Valor, the Build Notes no longer include this)
  • Daily Challenges are set to change hourlyevery 2 hours instead of daily for beta testing.
  • Rewards are placeholders for beta testing. (as of the second Beta of Path of Valor, the Build Notes no longer include this)
  • Some of the Path of Valor balance is still not final _(added to the third Beta of Path of Valor Build Notes)

Because of this, I will not be able to provide insights yet into the actual rewards, the Valor Points rewarded or required, or a full log of all Daily Challenges.

ANY SCREENSHOTS OF PATH OF VALOR SHARED ON OTHER PLATFORMS WILL BY DEFINITION BE INACCURATE. IF YOU SEE PEOPLE SPREADING PATH OF VALOR BETA SCREENSHOTS ON OTHER PLATFORMS, PLEASE WARN THEM.

EXAMPLE Daily Challenges

I will not be able to provide a log of all Daily Challenges, as they are set to change in Beta every two hours, so I will provide examples of them.

Daily Challenges appear to have 3 active at once.

Each Daily Challenge rewards Valor Points. You can complete some or all of them independently. You don’t have to complete all 3 of them to earn Valor Points.

Here’s are some examples of a single day’s Daily Challenges:

An Example Day from Beta v1

• Level Up 5 Different Heroes
  • Use 5 Antidotes in battle
  • Be victorious in 10 Raids

An Example Day from Beta v1

• Find 30 Recruits
  • Level Up 5 different Holy Heroes
  • Craft 50 Battle Items

An Example Day from Beta v2

• Experience 2 Mystic Visions
  • Use 5 Revive Scrolls in Battle
  • Collect 100K Food from Map Stages

• Hunt 15 ducks flying over your base
  • Craft 50 Battle Items

• Defeat 10 Elite Enemies
  • Hunt 15 ducks flying over your base

• Defeat 10 Elite Enemies
  • Accumulate 100k Food from any source
  • Collect 100k Food from Map Stages

• Use 5 Revive Scrolls in Battle
  • Collect 10 Ascension Items from Map Stages
  • Collect 100k Food from Map Stages

An Example Day from Beta v3

• Find 30 Recruits
  • Collect 10 Crafting Materials from Map Stages
  • Defeat 5 Boss Enemies

Valor Challenges

Valor Challenges are active for the entire duration of the Path of Valor.

There appear to currently be 6 8 (updated in Beta v3) Valor Challenges active at once — and remember that Valor Challenges are Tiered; completing one Valor Challenge will reveal the next Tier of that Challenge.

Note: I’ve indicated increasing Tiers of Valor Challenges below with “=>”

Example Valor Challenges from Beta v1

• Ascend 5 Heroes to Ascension Level 2
  • Summon 1 Hero => Summon 5 Heroes => Summon 10 Heroes => Summon 30 Heroes => Summon 50 Heroes (this was the last Tier, it didn’t continue past Summon 50 Heroes)
  • Summon 1 Troop => Summon 2 Troops => Summon 5 Troops => Summon 10 Troops => Summon 20 Troops (this was the last Tier, it didn’t continue past Summon 20 Troops)
  • Kill 5 Heroes in Alliance Wars
  • Complete a Challenge Event
  • Win 2 Raids with at least 1 Barbarian in your Team => Win 5 Raids with at least 2 Barbarians in your Team

Example Valor Challenges from Beta v2

• Defeat Titans: Defeat 5 Titans of 2 stars or higher
  • Defeat Heroes: Defeat 5 Enemy Heroes in Raids => Defeat 10 Enemy Heroes in Raids
  • Tournament Battles: Play 5 Battles in Raid Tournaments
  • Defeat Heroes in War: Defeat 5 Enemy Heroes in Alliance Wars
  • Ascend Heroes: Ascend 5 Heroes to Ascension Level 2

Example Valor Challenges from Beta v3

• Defeat Titans: Defeat 5 Titans of 2 stars or higher
  • Defeat Heroes: Defeat 5 50 Enemy Heroes in Raids
  • Tournament Battles: Play 5 Battles in Raid Tournaments
  • Defeat Heroes in War: Defeat 5 Enemy Heroes in Alliance Wars
  • Summon Heroes: Summon a Hero
  • Open Wanted Chests: Open 2 Wanted Mission Chests
  • Gain Experience: Gain 1000 experience

Valor Path Rewards

The rewards in Beta v1 ARE FOR TESTING ONLY, but include a wide variety of items, including ETT, EHT, Challenge Coins, Gems, Atlantis Coins, Summon Tokens, Crafting Ingredients, Ascension Materials (both farmable and unfarmable), Battle Items, Trainer Heroes, Emblems, Giant Harpoons and other Titan Battle Items, Flasks, and new Relics and Resource Bundles (see below.)

As of Beta v2, the Build Notes no longer indicate that the Rewards are for Beta testing only. They also appear to be much more balanced between the Free and Premium Tiers. As such, I am publishing the v2 rewards — BUT PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THESE ARE HIGHLY LIKELY TO CHANGE.

As of Beta v3, the Build Notes indicate that some of the Path of Valor balance is still not final — SO PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THESE ARE HIGHLY LIKELY TO CHANGE.

Reminder: everyone is eligible for the Free rewards, whether they’ve purchased Valor Pass or not. To get the Premium Valor Pass rewards, you must purchase Valor Pass.

So people who purchase Valor Pass get BOTH the Premium and Free rewards. People who don’t purchase get ONLY the Free rewards.

Milestone Valor Pass Rewards Free Rewards
1 Summon Token -
2 2x Tiny Food Bundle (10k Food) 1x Tiny Iron Bundle (10k Iron)
3 ETT -
4 100 Gems 50 Gems
5 10x Adventurer’s Kit -
6 2x Small Iron Bundle (50k Iron) 1x Small Food Bundle (50k Food)
7 EHT -
8 WE Flask WE Flask
9 10x Antidotes -
10 Food Harvester Iron Harverster
11 30x Large Bone -
12 2x Medium Food Bundle (100k Food) 1x Medium Iron Bundle (100k Iron)
13 5x Loot Ticket -
14 2x 1* Blue Trainer Hero 1x 1* Blue Trainer Hero
15 100x Atlantis Coin -
16 2x Medium Iron Bundle (100k Iron) 1x Medium Food Bundle (100k Food)
17 Raid Flask -
18 10x Barbarian Emblem 5x Barbarian Emblem
19 10x Challenge Coin -
20 300 Gems 100 Gems
21 3x Summon Token -
22 2x Medium Food Bundle (100k Food) 1x Medium Iron Bundle (100k Iron)
23 20x Crypt Mushroom -
24 2x 2* Blue Trainer Hero 1x 2* Blue Trainer Hero
25 Item Harvester -
26 2x Medium Iron Bundle (100k Iron) 1x Medium Food Bundle (100k Food)
27 10x Axe Attack -
28 10x Barbarian Emblem 5x Barbarian Emblem
29 Raid Flask -
30 10x Loot Ticket 5x Loot Ticket
31 10x Grimoire Dust -
32 2x Large Food Bundle (250k Food) 1x Large Iron Bundle (250k Iron)
33 200x Atlantis Coin -
34 10x Bomb Attack Hidden Blade 5x Bomb Attack Warm Cape
35 10x Dragon Bone -
36 2x Large Iron Bundle (250k Iron) 1x Large Food Bundle (250k Food)
37 5x Tornado -
38 2x 3* Blue Trainer Hero 1x Blue Trainer Hero
39 3x WE Flask -
40 5x Hurricane 2x Hurricane
41 20x Challenge Coin -
42 2x Giant Food Bundle (500k Food) 1x Giant Iron Bundle (500k Iron)
43 2x 4* Blue Trainer Hero -
44 3x EHT Telluria Avatar 1x EHT Jean-François Avatar
45 5x Valkyrie’s Bane -
46 2x Giant Iron Bundle (500k Iron) 1x Giant Food Bundle (500k Food)
47 Recruit Harvester -
48 50x Barbarian Emblem 30x Barbarian Emblem
49 Omnia Harvester -
50 Farsight Telescope Mystic Rings

Before someone asks: yes, all of the Trainer Heroes are blue, and yes, all of the Emblems are Babarian. No, I don’t know if that will stay this way, or if it’s just for testing. Please remember that everything in Beta is highly likely to change before release.

New Items — Relics

Relics can be earned as rewards from the Path of Valor.

Relics are consumable items used from your Inventory, and once activated affect the loot you receive from completing map stages for the next 24 hours, or increase the Battle Items you can carry to battle for the next 24 hours.

Only one Relic can be active at a time. Activating another Relic will deactivate the existing active Relic, and forfeit any remaining time. So you can’t stack multiple of the same Relic, or even pair multiple Relics together.

As of the second Beta version, Omnia Harvester and Iron Harvester Relics only affect Season 1 Map Stages. New Food Harvester, Item Harvester, and Recruit Harvester Relics were also added.

Omnia Harvester Relic

Increases the amount of Food, Iron, Items and Recruits gained from completing Season 1 map stages by 30%50%. Lasts 1d 0h. Only one Relic can be active at a time. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

Iron Harvester Relic

Increases the amount of Iron gained from completing Season 1 map stages by 100%50%. Lasts 1d 0h. Only one Relic can be active at a time. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

Item Harvester Relic (new in Beta v2)

Increases the amount of Items gained from completing Season 1 map stages by 50% Lasts 1d 0h. Only one Relic can be active at a time. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

Food Harvester Relic (new in Beta v2)

Increases the amount of Food gained from completing Season 1 map stages by 50% Lasts 1d 0h. Only one Relic can be active at a time. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

Recruit Harvester Relic (new in Beta v2)

Increases the amount of Recruits gained from completing Season 1 map stages by 50% Lasts 1d 0h. Only one Relic can be active at a time. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

Bag of Holding Relic

Increases the maximum amount of each Items that can be carried to battle by 2. Lasts 1d 0h. Only one Relic can be active at a time. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

Note: this increases the quantity of each item you can carry by 2. It does not add additional item slots.

Note: I asked the Small Giant Staff whether Bag of Holding was intended to be able to be active during Challenge Events, and they answered that the current plan is to allow it. This would mean players with Bag of Holding active could carry 2 more of each Battle Item with them during Challenge Events than usual. This would seemingly allow a notable advantage in some Stages, which is being discussed below and in Beta feedback.

New Items — Resource Bundles

Resource Bundles can be earned as rewards from the Path of Valor.

Resource Bundles are used from your Inventory, and can be stored until you want to use them.

SmallTiny Iron Bundle

Instantly Gain 10000 Iron. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

SmallTiny Food Bundle

Instantly Gain 10000 Food. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

Small Iron Bundle (New in Beta v2)

Instantly Gain 50000 Iron. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

Small Food Bundle (New in Beta v2)

Instantly Gain 50000 Food. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

Medium Iron Bundle (New in Beta v2)

Instantly Gain 100k Iron. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

Medium Food Bundle (New in Beta v2)

Instantly Gain 100k Food. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

Large Iron Bundle (New in Beta v2)

Instantly Gain 250k Iron. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

Large Food Bundle (New in Beta v2)

Instantly Gain 250k Food. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

Giant Iron Bundle (New in Beta v2)

Instantly Gain 500k Iron. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

Giant Food Bundle (New in Beta v2)

Instantly Gain 500k Food. This item can be received as a reward from the Path of Valor.

For a full list of items currently in Beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

61 Likes

Okay. That is… wow. Unexpected. Guessing this means they are shelving Hero Academy for the rest of the year.

50 days is crazy. I guess it has to be long; you could be stuck on the challenge event one for a long time, depending on when it pops up in relation to when the next one is.

As long as it isn’t crazy expensive, I’ll likely purchase the pass. I wish it was bundled with VIP or something, I don’t like the constant recurring purchases.

Quick question; can the battle item increase work on challenge events? An extra 2 battle items to a challenge event stage could really change things, so I hope not.

15 Likes

There isn’t a Challenge Event active in Beta currently, so I unfortunately have no way to test this.

I would personally support that not being allowed, although if you can only earn Relics through Path of Valor, it would be an earned advantage, which might make it reasonable.

8 Likes

Lol, I actually suggested this once, saying would be a good idea to have daily challenges as DS has (another copy of this game). Truly, I wasn’t expected to be implemented in here as well. At least, they did something good in this game :smile:

14 Likes

At the epic level, with six slots, you could take bombs, axes, arrows, two types of mana potions, and still have room for one more item (e.g. revive scroll or healing potion). That’s a lot of firepower if you feed the mana to an AOE. So I think that even on the lower levels, I’d agree with

5 Likes

I’ve been competitive in rare/epic for 2 months. I’m already feeling overwhelmed by the amount of battle items I need to make. I’m definitely against needing to make more.

Is it battle items total or item slots?

7 Likes

Sounds like a pretty good idea overall. I love that they give us something to farm/to do while waiting for season 3.

The additional battle items relic may cause problems during Challenge events. Is it carrying two additional items like 6 different or 4 different but to additional of each?

The price tag to additional rewards is also kinda strange but as long as it is reasonable. So be it. They need to make money.
If this turns out to be priced like Vip (little money but awesome value for a regular player) that could even be a good thing.

9 Likes

So far all sounds well

The pay part kinda blows but not a surprise

11 Likes

This may also be a good place to introduce more avatar (we have lot of them not be available to players yet) as rewards for a limit time available.

3 Likes

It’s the number of each item, not additional slots. I’ll clarify that in the top post.

That actually means it affects Rare too.

6 Likes

Valor Path

Teams

Like Lodge, multiple teams work on different areas.

I expect Hero Academy team worked on Alchemy Lab and Lab pushed it back, not Valor Pass.

Valor Pass was most likely the Emblem team.

Marketing

50 days is an odd amount. Not 31, not 62.

Because freemium game, most likely deliberate. Just like you can not buy gems in increments of 150, 200 or 300 ( odd amounts of left over premium currency encourages further IAP of premium currency):

(Are lootboxes gambling? Australian inquiry)

8 Likes

Is it just me or did the gem amounts change at some point?

Seems like i used to pay $4.99 for 480 gems. Then it changed at some point to $4.99 for 400. But i may just be crazy

I guess the most veterans will complete “ascend 5 heroes to ascension level 2” by levelling quickly 5 heroes 1*. After completing, these heroes can be fed, of course.

7 Likes

No comment. :face_with_monocle:

I thought it was always for 400 gems. Maybe you’re thinking of the 4800 pack being $50, which is effectively 480 gems for $5?

3 Likes

Should add that i kinda feel like valor pass should be payable with gems personally

16 Likes

Yup just crazy i guess. I dont have screenshots that go back that far…i think…

1 Like

This :+1: I’m glad they introduce some new features so that raiding and farming has a different feel to it.

What rewards are behind the pay wall? Is it 4*Ascension items?

2 Likes

Too many information… can you activate several off thoose at the same time (if you have them) or just one at the time?
I would stack a few and unleash them all during AR… that would be insane

4 Likes

The rewards in Beta are for testing purposes only, but currently include basically everything you can think of, depending on how far along you get in Valor Points.

3 Likes

The Devs LOVE proven freemium concepts ( VIP PASS, loot tickets, emblems, etc. ).

Valor pass is a pretty standard implementation of a Battle Pass or Season Pass. (linky, linky)

7 Likes