🧪 Early Information on Season 3 Valhalla Summon Portal [Part of The Beta Beat V27]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the Season 3 Valhalla Summon Portal.

For information and discussion on the Season 3 HEROES, please see: 🧪 Early Information on Season 3 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat V26 & V27]

For information and discussion on the Season 3 GAMEPLAY AND PROVINCES, please see: 🧪 Early Information on Season 3 Provinces & Gameplay [Part of The Beta Beat V27]

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

The launch date for Season 3 is February 27

See also:

Featured Hero

Unlike the Season II Atlantis Summon Portal, the Season 3 Valhalla Summon Portal currently includes only a single Featured Hero, and no returning Heroes of the Month (HOTM).

The current Featured Hero in Beta is Fenrir. This is likely, but not certain, to indicate that the first Featured Hero in the live game will be Fenrir as well.

As we do not know the release date for Season 3 yet, we can’t yet speculate which HOTM will be available during the first Valhalla Summon.

Available Heroes

The Valhalla Portal currently includes the following Heroes:

• All of the Season 1 Classic Heroes
  • Fenrir
  • Bjorn
  • Ratatoskr
  • Kvasir
  • Stonecleave
  • Mireweave
  • Brynhild
  • Mist
  • Ei-Dunn
  • Heimdall
  • Sumle
  • Nordri
  • Freya
  • Tyr
  • By-Ulf
  • Sif

In total, for Season 3 Heroes that’s:

• Legendary: 6
  • Epic: 5
  • Rare: 5

Heroes we’ve seen in Beta that are not currently included:

• Alfrike
  • Norns
  • Fura

Appearance Rates

As you may know from other threads, I held off on publishing the initial Appearance Rates, as we had been explicitly told that they weren’t finalized, and were incorrect.

Beta has now been updated with a new version, which includes updated Appearance Rates, and the Build Note indicates that these have been “fixed,” so I’m now publishing them.

I’m including the original Appearance Rates, indicated by old rate and new rate, so that people who have misinformation from leaked Beta information can see that their information is outdated and incorrect.

Classic Season 1 Heroes

• Rare Classic Hero: 24.7% 19.6%
  • Epic Classic Hero: 15.8% 11.9%
  • Legendary Classic Hero: 1.8% 0.9%

Season 3 Heroes

• Rare Season III Hero: 46.3% 51.4%
  • Epic Season III Hero: 10.7% 14.6%
  • Legendary Season III Hero: 0.4% 1.3%* *non-featured

Featured Hero

• Legendary Featured ‘Fenrir’: 0.3%

BONUS DRAW

• Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

You’ll be pleased to know that my first test Summon in the Valhalla Summon Portal today was Dawa, so things are working perfectly as usual.

Analysis of Summon Appearance Rates

This table shows the cumulative probability of different Summon events, based on a total number of Summons (1x, 10x, 30x, 100x, 500x, 1500x)

Please note that NO occurrence is ever actually 100%; the 100% entries in the table below indicate cumulative probabilities sufficiently close to 100% that they are expressed as such for simplicity. All other numbers are rounded to the nearest 0.1%.

Occurence 1x 10x 30x 100x 500x 1500x
Get At Least 1 Season 1 Hero 32.4% 98.0% 99.9% 100% 100% 100%
Get At Least 1 Season 3 Hero 67.6% 99.9% 100% 100% 100% 100%
Get At Least 1 5* (excluding HOTM Bonus Draw) 2.5% 22.4% 53.2% 92.0% 99.9% 100%
Get At Least 1 Season 3 5* 1.6% 14.9% 38.4% 80.0% 99.9% 100%
Get At Least 1 of Featured Season 3 Hero 0.3% 3.0% 8.6% 26.0% 77.7% 98.9%
Get At Least 1 Non-Featured Season 3 5* 1.3% 12.3% 32.5% 73.0% 99.9% 100%
Get At Least 1 Season 3 4* 14.6% 79.4% 99.1% 100% 100% 100%
Get At Least 1 of a Particular Season 3 4* 2.92% 25.6% 58.9% 94.8% 100% 100%
Get At Least 1 Season 3 3* 51.4% 99.9% 100% 100% 100% 100%
Get At Least 1 of a Particular Season 3 3* 10.28% 66.2% 96.1% 99.9% 100% 100%

Putting That in Perspective

• If 1 million players each did 10 Summons, 776,000 of those players would NOT get a Season 3 or Season 1 5* Hero

• If 1 million players each did 100 Summons, 200,000 of those players would NOT get a Season 3 5* Hero

• If 1 million players each did 500 Summons, 223,000 of those players would NOT get the Featured Season 3 5* Hero (Fenrir)

Bonus Ascension Material Chest

Much like the Season II Atlantis Summon Portal, the Season III Valhalla Summon Portal features a Bonus Ascension Material Chest, which contains a guaranteed Rare or Epic Ascension Material, and can also contain Rare and Epic Crafting Materials.

Also like Season II, the Bonus Chest fills with each 10 Summons, and there is a limit of 9 Chests per event.

Your progress towards the next chest also carries over to the next Valhalla Summon event if you still have chests in stock, just like with the Atlantis Summon.

Summon Costs

The Summon Costs for the Valhalla Portal currently match the Atlantis Portal:

• Single Summon: 100 Valhalla Coins or 350 Gems
  • Summon x10: 3000 Gems
  • Summon x30: 8400 Gems

Valhalla Coins

cross-quoting for easy reference

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

34 Likes

Looking like Alby and Hel may be gone forever…or at least until Season 4. Here’s hoping that the Hero Academy delivers when (if?) it comes out.

3 Likes

Keeping Season 1 there, considering they have created an additional summon ( costumes ) that is only for S1 heroes!?!?!
While I was always impressed by the commercial accumen of SG and how well they did with this game, i think they are overpushing milking the cow - something that happens with a lot of businesses when their judgement gets clouded by their own success. Can only say that if this stays - ridiculous!

19 Likes

Ok kinda mixed feelings here:

One featured hero:
Only one featured helps to focus on one certain hero. But only a little with these rates. Plus we will have to wait probably a long time for specific heroes.
But no more desired hero A featured with MokNar and two heroes already owned (In case you get heroes but that is another topic).

Featured rate:
The rates for the featured hero seems as high as an Atlantis featured hero.
Not to bad or good individual.

No “old non season 1” heroes in the summon:
Plusside pool is not deluded with featured old heroes. Some old heroes have been amazing but most people probably would prefer season3 shiny new heroes.
But I am sad that there are season 1 heroes in the summon as the old heroes here.
Getting Quintus from a Valhalla summon will feel extremely bad especially now that there is another season1 hero exclusive summon (costumes).

18 Likes

woo going off with one of the most sought after s3 heroes right off the bat, huh. Thinking about saving my summons until s3, but, I’ve been waiting for over a month, and avalon comes out in less than 20 hours… probably not gonna be able to hold out. Besides, i have enough blue heroes for now.

1 Like

Thank you for this. So even buying gems for more than 1000 €/$ will not guarantee you the featured hero at all.

5 Likes

Giving us the truly important info! :rofl:

The 5* chances are simply worse. Yes, if you roll featured, you’re guaranteed that one, but if you’re fine with any of 4 vs the. 1 then it’s worse.

11 Likes

Not really… the cumulative total is 1.6% either way.

1 Like

So what are my odds @zephyr1?

…I know I’m a snowflake with rigged summoning odds and would like to extra brace myself for disappointment

2 Likes

don’t worry, you’ll get your dawa too someday.

5 Likes

Thank you @zephyr1,
It is time (for me) to really look at the S3 heroes and decide if $$$ goes there for a shiny new hero or into Events for miniscule odds of a shiny new hero.
Probably S3 since all S3 heroes are new to the game and I’d be happy with 3*, 4* and 5* whereas the event it is really just the 5* these days.

Panther will never join and I’d do bad things to my phone if I got Kong so S3 it is…have a tank so Guin doesn’t get the juices flowing this month, Frida kinda makes the search for King Arthur less urgent (not at all urgent).

3 Likes

:+1:

Well, that’s a relief!

7 Likes

As far as we know the Atlantis summon is moved in the month but not canceled. So from Atlantis you maybe still be able to get Alby or Hel.

The issue isn’t the Atlantis Portal not returning (since it is), it’s just that the pattern of returning HOTM we’ve seen the last several months would never circle back to Alby and Hel.

In all likelihood, though, the pattern will change, or they’ll be added somewhere else eventually.

9 Likes

The percentage of rare S2 is way higher than rare S1 but still majority of the time we get rare S1 compared to rare S2 . So I guess that same trend will follow for S3 :man_shrugging:t2:

Never? Wouldn’t it just take longer?

I mean there two featured past HotM each month with one new HotM added to the rotation each month… unless I’m missing something they should come back eventually (albeit with perpetually increasing time between features) no?

The current pattern is forever rolling forward — so unless there stop being new HOTM, that pattern would indeed never return to older HOTM.

3 Likes

Didn’t you get five Muggy off a ten pull like everyone else when he was first introduced?

Since I’m very likely to get Fenrir, I’ll check him out.

1 Like

231 Summons will give you a 50-50 coin flip chance at getting at least one of Fenrir while featured.

How many Summons do you plan to do?

5 Likes