:bar_chart: Stats

Rarity: Epic/4*

Element: Nature/Green

Stats: 743 attack, 603 defense, 960 health

Class: Ranger

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Reckless Slash

• Deals 180% damage to all enemies.
  • The caster gets -20% defense for 3 turns. This effect canā€™t be dispelled.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Jack Oā€™Hare?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Jack Oā€™Hare.

Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Jack Oā€™Hare and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is he worth summoning for?

• Will he make your main team?

• Will you use him on Defense? Offense?

• What do you think of his special?

• What do you think of his character design?

• The theme of the Springvale heroes is recklessness ā€” big damage, accompanied with a non-dispellable defense debuff on themselves. What do you think of this balancing effect?

:broken_heart: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get Jack Oā€™Hare?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

Itā€™s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 27.8% chance of summoning Jack Oā€™Hare.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 50 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Jack Oā€™Hare by pull 21
  • 96 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Jack Oā€™Hare by pull 100
  • 99 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Jack Oā€™Hare by pull 140

Putting that in Perspective

• 50 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Jack Oā€™Hare by the 21st pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 21 times, 500,000 of those players wouldnā€™t get Jack Oā€™Hare
  • 4 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Jack Oā€™Hare by the 100th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 40,000 of those players wouldnā€™t get Jack Oā€™Hare
  • 1 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Jack Oā€™Hare by the 140th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 140 times, 10,000 of those players wouldnā€™t get Jack Oā€™Hare

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:star2: Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning

The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.

Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.

That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.

Generally speaking, many people donā€™t regard Springvale as the best Seasonal Event heroes to use tokens for ā€” but you may feel differently. :slight_smile: For more discussion on this, see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?

Youā€™ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens. For more on that, see Anzogh ā€“ New April 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion.

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Jack Oā€™Hareā€™s Game Mechanics?

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Jack Oā€™Hare.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in #player-guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Jack Oā€™Hare.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Hereā€™s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Heartsā€™ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:ballot_box: Polls

Do you already have Jack Oā€™Hare from a previous Springvale?

• Yes, I have Jack Oā€™Hare already from a past Springvale
  • No, I tried to get Jack Oā€™Hare previously, but didnā€™t succeed
  • No, I was playing during Springvale last year, but didnā€™t try for Jack Oā€™Hare
  • No, I wasnā€™t playing during the last Springvale

0 voters

Do you plan to Summon for Jack Oā€™Hare this Springvale?

• Yes, I want to try to get Jack Oā€™Hare this Springvale
  • No, I already have Jack Oā€™Hare, and donā€™t want to try for another
  • No, Iā€™m not interested in Jack Oā€™Hare, or donā€™t think itā€™s worth trying with the Summoning odds

0 voters

Overall, what do you think of Jack Oā€™Hareā€™s usefulness?

• I think Jack Oā€™Hare is one of the very best heroes
  • I think Jack Oā€™Hare is above average
  • I think Jack Oā€™Hare is very average
  • I think Jack Oā€™Hare is below average
  • I think Jack Oā€™Hare is one of the very worst heroes

0 voters

Be sure to share your detailed thoughts in comments below!

What do you think of Jack Oā€™Hareā€™s design?

• Jack Oā€™Hare is one of my MOST favorite hero designs
  • Jack Oā€™Hare is one of my LEAST favorite hero designs
  • Iā€™m indifferent to Jack Oā€™Hareā€™s design, I donā€™t have strong feelings either way

0 voters

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Main Thread for Springvale 2019: šŸ° Springvale 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links

Older Threads Discussing Jack Oā€™Hare

Other Recent Threads on Springvale

2 Likes

The springvale heros are nice and sweet but not worth to pull.

dmg without a status is currently not a good choice compared to others. Even with his selfowning skill you need to combine him with either Gato or Aeron. If you have both they are more playable. Otherwise not.

Its sad that they didnā€™t add some new heroes to get in line with the summer event heroes.

Iā€™m not gonna pull, same as last year.

6 Likes

I pulled him from a token. He looks great! He hits like little John or Colen (so pretty hard) at fast mana. Iā€™ll be leveling him up when Iā€™m finished with Aegir. Iā€™m not concerned about his squishy stats. All the hardest hitters are a bit squishy, but itā€™s the high damage output that wins raids anyways. He looks great for a green stack.

11 Likes

Great observation! Youā€™re right, thatā€™s a solid hit, albeit without the DoT follow-up that Colen has or mana debuff that Little John has.

But for green especially, it makes him potentially quite useful, since green is so light on heavy hitters.

4 Likes

FAST mana = fast mana = fast mana + hit all.

The rabbits are meant to be all out hitters. If you have a good green board, Jack is very fun to use.

7 Likes

I know its been said before @zephyr1 but I cannot help but comment on how useful these guides are. You obviously put a lot of heart into them and it is highly appreciated. Thanks!

15 Likes

Youā€™re welcome, and thanks! :heart_decoration:

3 Likes

So my wife actually just pulled Jack shortly after the release. She had been saving up for a good event and I said go ahead, especially after getting lucky a couple days ago and pulling Guardian Jackal on her first try. So I am really interested to see how things play out and what the consensus is on Jack. She has Skittleskull currently at 3/56 so I told her to finish them and move on to Jack. She doesnā€™t have a single fast hero in her lineup, so I was pretty excited for her. Iā€™m wondering how others are weighing in on Jack, I feel like there arenā€™t many other Green 4* that are much better. It would definitely be nice if he had a secondary effect though, not just debuff his own defense.

7 Likes

I have him maxed, happy to use him. Fast mana and hit hard. His hit even harder than 5* kadilen with the same fast mana.

I love jack. Worth to be maxed

5 Likes

I have Jack from the previous season. I maxed him for AW and Titans. Not very impressed though. Indispellable decrease of defense is annoying, especially taking in account his not very high defense and health stats.

Crap, I accidentally hit that I wouldnā€™t be trying to pull for Jackā€¦i apologize for the incorrect vote.

That being said, Iā€™ve wanted to do a pull for Jack since the moment I first saw him in a raid. With only 3 event heroes, we discussed over coffee this morning if it was worth a pull. Donā€™t know if my wife will pull. But but but I was excited though I was only going to do 1 10x pull. (Thatā€™s my max and Iā€™m sticking to it) lol

Thrilled to say that I got Jack! The rest are feeders, but tickled for my Jack!
I adore novelty and theme characters. Wonderland is a huge must have for me and Jack was at the top of my list. The novelty characters add a roundness to the dimension of game play for me. They make me smile. Throw in his fast speed and that adds excitement to my wanting to level him.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes but I feel like itā€™s a price worth paying for fast mana compared to slow mana lol
Honestly even though little J and Colen have great secondary effects, since theyā€™re slow mana if you are able to charge them, the raid is already going your way lol like half the enemy team is already dead just to tile damage. Jack instead of little John in a green stack seems helpful to win possibly more often? Instead of little J ability which at that point seems like a ā€œwin moreā€ kind of thing.

3 Likes

Iā€™m really happy to read this thread and hear people compare the hits to little John and Colen. I havenā€™t started working on little John, yet; but Colen is actually one of my favorite heroes. (He was one of my first 4*)
Iā€™m seriously weak with green heroes though I did pull an alby that I canā€™t wait to start working on! For me, a fast heavy hitter thatā€™s green is a huge bonus to my heroes.

I have a serious problem with loving some of my heroes lol <3

4 Likes

Congrats on Jack!

If you click the ā€œHide resultsā€ button, you can update your vote. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for that Z! Vote changed. :slight_smile:
Hope youā€™re doing well ā€”please tell the alliance hello and that I didnā€™t steal all the rum! :wink:

2 Likes

Will do! :tropical_drink:

1 Like

I just got this bunny. It seems the bunny have good review here. I read Anchor guide and it says grade C, but I remember that I used to have trouble when facing this bunny in raids or war? Is it worth to max him to 4/70?

2 Likes

To those who donā€™t really use him. He is great in a green stack due to his high tile damage. Even with fast mana, donā€™t just hit. Use him for tile damage and when you see your board starts to get good, fire him and try to make him fire again with the board. The fast mana is there for him to fire again.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s the video Jack O Hare in action.

His damage can be said equals to kadilen.

1 Like