🐰 Costumed Jack O'Hare – 4* Nature/Green from Springvale

New Springvale Hero Costume is released: Costumed Jack O’Hare

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Jack O’Hare, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Jack O’Hare

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Paladin
F
Fast
1%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75
+1 Costume
4/80
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Springvale Springvale
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Egg Barrage
  • Deals 230% damage to tha target.
  • The attack chains through all the enemies who are adjacent to any hit enemy.
  • All allies except the caster get -20% attack for 3 turns. This effect can’t be cleansed.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Springvale Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Jack O’Hare from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Springvale Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v46]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Jack O’Hare ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Jack O’Hare.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Jack O’Hare and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Jack O’Hare worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Jack O’Hare on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Jack O’Hare ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Jack O’Hare as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Jack O’Hare Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Jack O’Hare’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Jack O’Hare and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Jack O’Hare, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Jack O’Hare when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Jack O’Hare, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Jack O’Hare (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Jack O’Hare), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Other Springvale heroes:

Other Costumes

8 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Jack O’Hare (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Jack O’Hare worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Jack O’Hare would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

Costumed Jack O’Hare’s Primary Purpose is dealing damage.

:question: What do you think of Costumed Jack O’Hare compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Jack O’Hare’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Jack O’Hare is better ?

• Normal Jack O’Hare
  • Costumed Jack O’Hare

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Jack O’Hare worth giving Ranger Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Jack O’Hare is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Jack O’Hare is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options
1 Like

As much as people seem to despise the “chain” attacks, I think in Jacks case it won’t be as bad since he can fire fast and is thus more likely to actually chain 5 enemies multiple times in a battle before the chain becomes less effective.

Obviously if I pull him I won’t use him on Defense, but I will use him in a number of other places.

5 Likes

Problem is with the defense down to everyone else, he has to fire last. If the other heroes have killed and enemy, he’s not chaining them all. I don’t like the build of this one.

2 Likes

Fair point, the ailment to all reduces their effectiveness if he fires. Maybe run him on a healer heavy team? Not sure really.

I keep forgetting about the outdated mechanics of Springvale heroes :laughing:

2 Likes

There are some heroes which can prevent ailments or lift undispellable ones too

1 Like

I’m just pretty meh about this one altogether. The new special is a copy over of a different hero in the event as opposed to making him diverse and interesting.

I have the original and have zero desire to get the costume. Sure the costume is better for a damage standpoint, but not so much so it is enticing me to throw saved EHTs at the portal for it.

For some of the new costumes I’d have preferred a difference in type of skill in same way Caedmon/Sonya giving either debuff or cleanse depending on version made getting the costume useful for smaller rosters so there is the choice without taking up an extra roster spot. If they’d made Jack’s costume something like a field medic or given it a debuff or cleanse, I would have been interested. This just bores me

6 Likes

The connection between chaining attack and attack down to all allies is very unfortunate. If he is used in green stack, firing his allies before him can accidentally kill an enemy, which will break chain, firing him first will decrease attack of allies.
You have to be very careful using him.

2 Likes

This costume is good for increasing regular Jack’s stats a bit. I see no other real use for it.

11 Likes

He went from a “I KILL ALL OF YOU!!” to shooting single soda cans off of a fence.

1 Like

Even for me who mains jack hare for a very long time, this costume is just terrible. You get this costume for the costume bonus for regular jack hare

6 Likes

I wish they gave Springvale heroes more complex detrimental ailments instead of the bare minimum. Attack to all is truly a detriment because there is no way to turn attack down into an advantage unlike defence down.
Here is an example of how I would costume jack hare

• deals 220% damage to all enemies

• the caster gets taunt that prevents enemies from using special skills on the caster’s allies for 3 turns

Why taunt? It draws damage to him with no defensive support, which means he will die very easily. That should be enough of a detriment, with some offhand strategies when using him
Also it’s an offense taunter, something never heard of because taunters are mostly defensive oriented
Also 4 stars have no taunters yet, so why don’t we introduce taunt to the 4 star pool?

5 Likes

I don’t understand the polls.

I just pulled him and was quite underwhelmed. -20% attack for all allies?
He basically does the same thing as Wren, right? Or am I missunderstanding this costume?

The polls show more support for the customed hero and have 70% of people saying “he is absolutely worth summoning for”. Surely only for the custome bonus to the normal hero?

What am I not getting?

A large part of my reasoning comes from the drawback of -20% attack, maybe if it was -20% attack for him I would consider it. Definitely doesn’t make my team and I would rather have Wren

1 Like

The 20% AD to all turns me off.

Oh yeah! We’re off to a good start today

9 Likes

Wouldn’t firing off someone like Kiril after these Spring heroes fire reverse the detrimental attack/defense downs?

It’s uncleansable. It can only be blocked with ailment shielders

1 Like

At first (earlier in the thread) I thought Costume Jack would be good but I had overlooked the ailment to all. As it is I now think Costume version is terrible, and will instead be running him in non-costumed form. I think with the boost to stats, his vanilla form is actually a pretty decent hero.

2 Likes

I just pulled him and just for fun I want to see if there is any hero who can turn his negative side-effect into something useful. The only hero I have and tested is Chakkoszrot that his passive of +24% mana generation got triggered. Are there any other heroes like that?

Garnet and any hero with the same skill blocks Jacks attack down…

3 Likes