šŸ° Springvale 2019: Jack O'Hare ā€“ Thoughts & Discussion

I wasnā€™t playing this time last year so Iā€™m a little out of the loop on the Bunnies. Can anyone tell me how his Defense down will pair with Wilbur? For example can I fire him (Boom + negative defense) then trigger Wilbur and that will override his defense down? I know it says canā€™t be dispelled, so Iā€™m assuming the answer is ā€œno?ā€ But heā€™ll still get the spirit link?

1 Like

When you fire Jackā€™s special then Wilburā€™s you see spiritual link applied to all but Jackā€™s defense debuff is still there.

3 Likes

Very helpful, thank you.

Yes it is worth it. And you can pretty much throw that guide out the window. Itā€™s badly outdated.

3 Likes

element link 1 and the colour defence boosts are the only thinks that can stack with the self def down

1 Like

That actually begs the question whether that rating was updated after the Rabbits were buffed.

Jack went from Slow to Fast, had his attack stat slightly bumped up, and his defense debuff was reduced from -25% to -20%. Thatā€™s certainly one of the largest buffs of any hero ever, so itā€™d be useful to know which version was graded.

I also agree that the ratings have to be taken in context, as they generally consider a hero alone, not in synergy with others.

A year ago, Buddy and Evelyn didnā€™t exist. Being able to pair one or both of them with Jack Oā€™Hare will make for a fierce green stack.

An old grading also wouldnā€™t take into account Classes, and an AoE Ranger who can Pierce defensive buffs and have an already-high attack stat further buffed is nothing to sneeze at.

5 Likes

heā€™s speed ranked A so it was on the newer version, its just that letter rankings give a bad indication of the actually numbers on the heroes

1 Like

Got him on the 1st pull. Was gunning for Master Lepus but Jack show up with Li Xiu and LJ on my 3 pulls.
His high tiles damage is fine but I already has Caedmon maxed. Probably average against titan due to his recklessnessā€¦lol.

1 Like

Congrats on the lucky pulls!

Thanks a lot. Maybe I was quite lucky with the rabbitsā€¦yay!

1 Like

Thanks, I donā€™t know he ever get buffed before.

His speed is graded as A which mean the speed buff is already included in the grading.

Curiously, the tile damage is still graded as B even though Little John who have slightly lower tile damage is graded as A+. The direct skill damage also still graded as C while Little John is graded as B.

That actually begs the question whether Anchor forget to update those parts.

Edit: the newer version upgrade the tile damage to A but still lower than Little John who have lower attack stat.

2 Likes

Just for reference:

2 Likes

In the poll you are missing , did you pull him last time and eat himā€¦yummyā€¦hasenfeffer

3 Likes

:scream: :rabbit: :scream:

1 Like

I actually had 4 last year and now I only have 1 left in my roster.

I wonder where it went. BURP :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

The normal mode of Springdale is pretty disappointing. Iā€™ll be skipping that one along with everyone else Iā€™ve talked to in the game chat. Even the advanced mode is nothing to gloat about. I definitely need tonics so I will give in but it seems all the hype leading up to this fell short. Way short. Wish there was something in normal mode worth while. As for the heroes: Iā€™m glad the stats got bumped. I got a jack and will eventually get to him.

The stats were bumped over a year ago, so that piece wasnā€™t really a surprise.

As for Springvale Normal, I personally am happy to get some of the crafting items, and Iā€™ll never turn down Trainer Heroes or an Epic Troop Token.

But mostly Iā€™m playing because itā€™s fun for me.

Iā€™m trying out underleveled heroes that I havenā€™t had a chance to use yet, which keeps it more interesting.

And Iā€™m savoring what ends up being something like 3 hours of content that I get to play once per year. For me, itā€™s a welcome break from farming 8-7 and using loot tickets on 2:15-8H ā€” especially now that Iā€™m nearly out of Season 2 Hard Stages to complete as one of the few sources of new PVE content for me.

For players who donā€™t like the Egg Bombs (I love them), or who play only for efficiency of leveling and donā€™t care about PVE content ā€” then skipping makes sense.

But for someone who enjoys a fresh take on tile play, like I do, Iā€™d happily play through all of the Springvale Stages a second time if allowed.

8 Likes

I will repeat to those who are frustrated when using him as he is squishy once he fires. He takes a little bit of thinking when using him.

1 Like

What will happen if we use 5x Jack Oā€™Hare?

You will have one hell of a green stack.

If your board is relatively good, once all 4 fires, high chances to wipe out opponent except for certain heroes with emblems. Bring a Melendor along to dispel any riposte.

Drawback is that, once all 4 fires and fail to kill opponent. Then good luck surviving the counterattack.

1 Like