🐰 Springvale 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links

It’s Time for Springvale 2019!

If you do not see Springvale in Quests, force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

Several components of Springvale are revised from last year. This thread has updated information now that Springvale has launched.

Please note that the widely circulated and excellent guide by @Mariamne is now outdated for rewards and flag costs.

:world_map: Guide

NOTE: The rewards listed in this guide are OUTDATED. Springvale has been updated with new rewards! See updated listing below.

NOTE: The World Energy/WE flags required in this guide are ALSO OUTDATED. Springvale has been updated with LOWER WE costs. See updated listing below.

@Mariamne’s excellent UPDATED guide to Springvale (please note that the rewards and WE costs are outdated, due to updates this year — see updates below)

:tada: Updated Rewards & Flag Requirements! :triangular_flag_on_post:

Stage Normal Flags Normal Rewards Advanced Flags Advanced Rewards
1 3 :triangular_flag_on_post: 6x Clean Cloth 10 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Metal Ores
2 3 :triangular_flag_on_post: 6x Common Herbs 10 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Potent Laves
3 4 :triangular_flag_on_post: 10x Clean Cloth 11 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Sunspire Feathers
4 4 :triangular_flag_on_post: 6x Crude Iron 11 :triangular_flag_on_post: 9x Metal Ores
5 4 :triangular_flag_on_post: 10x Common Herbs 11 :triangular_flag_on_post: 9x Potent Leaves
6 5 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Large Bone 12 :triangular_flag_on_post: 9x Sunspire Feathers
7 5 :triangular_flag_on_post: 8x Leather Strips 12 :triangular_flag_on_post: 5x Fine Steel
8 5 :triangular_flag_on_post: 10x Crude Iron 12 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Fine Steel
9 6 :triangular_flag_on_post: 9x Large Bone 13 :triangular_flag_on_post: 12x Grimoire Dust
10 6 :triangular_flag_on_post: Scabbard, 2* Green Trainer 13 :triangular_flag_on_post: Jack O’Hare Avatar, Sturdy Shield, 2x 3* Green Trainer
11 6 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Minor Healing, 8x Leather Strip 13 :triangular_flag_on_post: 3x Potent Healing, 5x Hardwood Lumber
12 7 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Minor Mana, 13x Oil 14 :triangular_flag_on_post: 3x Mana, 5x Midnight Root
13 7 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Antidote, 13x String 14 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Bomb Attack, 8x Hardwood Lumber
14 7 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Arrow Attack, 5x Crypt Mushroom 14 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Super Antidote, 8x Midnight Root
15 8 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Axe Attack, 5x Crystal Shard 15 :triangular_flag_on_post: Epic Hero Token, Super Mana
16 8 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Mana, 5x Firestone 15 :triangular_flag_on_post: Super Healer, 4x Meteor Fragments
17 8 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Axe Attack, 7x Crypt Mushroom 15 :triangular_flag_on_post: Revive Scroll, 6x Dragon Bone
18 9 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Potent Healing, 7x Crystal Shard 16 :triangular_flag_on_post: Time Stop, 6x Meteor Fragments
19 9 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Mana, 7x Firestone 16 :triangular_flag_on_post: Tornado, 6x Orichalcum Nugget
20 9 :triangular_flag_on_post: Squire Wabbit Avatar, Epic Troop Token, 3* Green Trainer 16 :triangular_flag_on_post: Master Lepus Avatar, Mysterious Tonic, 4* Green Trainer

:egg: Special Game Play: Egg Bombs

:sweat_smile: Normal and Advanced Modes

There are two modes for the Seasonal Event, Normal and Advanced. You can play either or both, and must complete each stage in that mode to advance.

The modes are separated, a bit like tiers in Challenge Events. Unlike Normal/Hard modes in Atlantis, advancing in the Normal mode won’t give you access to the corresponding Stages in Advanced. You need to beat each stage in each mode to progress.

:no_entry_sign: No Hero Restrictions

Unlike Challenge Events, there are no restrictions on hero or troop rarity in the Normal and Advanced modes. There are also no restrictions on hero Classes, unlike Class Trials.

You’re free to use any heroes you’d like!

:repeat: No Replaying Completed Stages

Unlike Challenge Events, Seasonal Events don’t allow replaying a completed Stage — much like how Quests work.

Once you beat each Stage, it’s locked, and once you beat the entirety of the Seasonal Event, you can’t play any more.

If you fail at a Stage, you can retry as many times as you’d like, up until the Event ends.

:spiral_calendar: Offers Calendar

During Seasonal Events, there is a special calendar with a different offer each day, each available for 24 hours.

The offers are not visible until the start of each day, and show for all players at the same time (for Springvale, they rotate at 07:00 GMT).

Once closed, the Offers Calendar can be accessed by tapping the Egg icon on the Stronghold screen.

Two of the calendar days also offer free items — typically these are crafting ingredients, and sometimes flasks or tokens.

Typically the offers on Seasonal Event Calendars are varied in price range, and often offer some of the best deals on purchasing particular individual ascension materials and gems. Not all items will be offered, and the quantity available for each item is typically restricted to just 1.

Springvale Offers Log

Day :calendar:
Date
:gem:
Gems
:arrow_double_up:
Ascension/Emblem
:dragon_face:
EHT*
:crossed_swords:
ETT*
:champagne:
Flasks
:school_satchel:
Other Items
:hash:
In Stock
:dollar:
Price (USD)
1 15 Apr 200 Hidden Blade - - - - 1 $1.99
2 16 Apr 1000 Mystic Rings - - - - 1 $9.99
3 17 Apr 200 Orb of Magic - - - - 1 $1.99
4 18 Apr 2800 Farsight Telescope, Hidden Blade, Trap Tools 2 3 Titan 4x Orichalcum Nugget, 2x Meteor Fragments 1 $29.99
5 19 Apr 200 Fine Gloves - - - - 1 $1.99
6 20 Apr 4700 Tome of Tactics, Warm Cape, 2x Orb of Magic 3 4 2x Titan 8x Meteor Fragments, 8x Dragon Bone, 8x Orichalcum Nugget 1 $49.99
7 21 Apr - - - - - 5x Midnight Roots, Orichalcum Nugget, Summon Token 1 FREE
8 22 Apr 350 35x Barbarian Emblem, 35x Wizard Emblem - - - - 1 $6.99
9 23 Apr 1000 Royal Tabard - - - - 1 $9.99
10 24 Apr 250 25x Fighter Emblem, 25x Ranger Emblem - - - - 1 $4.99
11 25 Apr 2800 Poison Darts, Fine Gloves, Warm Cape 2 3 Titan 4x Orichalcum Nugget, 2x Meteor Fragments 1 $29.99
12 26 Apr 200 Trap Tools - - - - 1 $1.99
13 27 Apr 10000 Damascus Blade, Mysterious Tonic, 2x Compass, 2x Sturdy Shield 5 5 5x Titan 20x Meteor Fragments, 20x Dragon Bone, 20x Orichalcum Nugget 1 $99.99
14 28 Apr - - - - World, Raid, Titan - 1 FREE

* EHT = Epic Hero Token; ETT = Epic Troop Token

_NOTE: There is an apparent visual bug with the Offer Calendar changing days earlier than the offers rotate; for more on that, see: https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/springvale-calendar-changes-date-at-different-time-00-00-gmt-than-offer-changes-07-00-gmt-visual-bug/101684_

UPDATE: The devs are fixing the Offer Calendar bug by having offers change over at 00:00 GMT instead of 07:00 GMT. This means the second day’s offer will be available for a shorter duration.

:star2: Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning

The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.

Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.

That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.

Generally speaking, many people don’t regard Springvale as the best Seasonal Event heroes to use tokens for — but you may feel differently. :slight_smile: For more discussion on this, see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?

You’ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens. For more on that, see Anzogh – New April 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion.

:cherry_blossom: Festive Stronghold

During Seasonal Events, your Base is updated in the spirit of the season.

For Springvale, this includes colorful eggs, and vibrant plant life all around your Base.

:ballot_box: Polls

How do you feel about the Egg Bombs?

• :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love them! They’re a lot of fun, too bad they only come once per year, and you can’t replay the Stages.
  • :smiley: They’re a fun change of pace, and I like playing them now, but once through the Stages is enough.
  • :expressionless: I don’t like or dislike them
  • :unamused: I dislike them, I’m glad they only come once per year.
  • :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I hate them! I won’t play Springvale, or will do so begrudgingly just for the loot.
0 voters

What’s your favorite part of Springvale?

• :egg: The Egg Bombs — I like the different gameplay
  • :dizzy: Different Content – I like having something new to play that’s not available all the time
  • :money_mouth_face: The Offer Calendar — I like more opportunities to purchase items and gems
  • :no_mouth: The Avatars – I like getting the bunny hero avatars
  • :tada: The Loot – I like the items available for completing Stages other than the avatars
  • :thought_balloon: Something Else – share in the comments below!
  • :expressionless: Nothing – I don’t like anything about Springvale
0 voters

For more polls, see the other Springvale 2019 threads below!

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Teams & Results, and Ask Questions!

• Many players will switch up their heroes used for each Stage, based on the monster/boss colors — are there heroes you’re using consistently for Springvale?

• Are there any Stages you’re having a hard time with, and would like advice on beating?

• Are you using particular items to beat Springvale stages?

• How do you find playing with the Egg Bombs?

• Do you have insights on strategy to share, or questions?

• Is there anything about Springvale that you’re wondering about?

:link: Other Springvale 2019 Threads

Other Recent Threads on Springvale

16 Likes

Yikes, I only looked up the cheat sheet today and the rewards on the advanced side of the quest look unusually poor considering the cost. I had just assumed there was a 4* asc mat at the end of the path but I don’t see it. Players are just supposed to shell out 18 WE flags to run level 20 for the avatar and trainer. Not to mention the 280 flags it takes to get to that point. Arguably the 10 nuggets at level 19 is worth the flags plodding through the egg bombs. The other side of the argument is that 93 runs of 8-7 has just as much chance of yielding 10 nuggets (and all the other farmables) as running the quest.

I hope the rewards got updated in this year’s quest or else the returning players from last year are going to skip the whole quest if they already have the avatars.

On the brighter side, I really do like the egg bomb game mechanic and I think I can get my fill of that on my alt account.

5 Likes

They’re updated!

I’ll post the info here in a sec now that the event is live…

2 Likes

Rewards are updated indeed… There’s a Mysterious Tonic at the end of Advanced now and some other goodies along the way.

3 Likes

And the WE cost went down too. Well this looks more reasonable.

5 Likes

Used up my seven epic hero tokens in the summons. Got Tiburtus (who was actually a priority for me, weak in purple and in rangers) and Justice. And a lot of food…

8 Likes

Those are great pulls, congrats!

2 Likes

I don’t think I need to adjust my team every round. Got a good team against the last stage and I don’t mind spending a few battle items if I need to. Mostly damage items. They don’t have any debuff, so no antidotes. I have Kiri l& Melendor so I need neither banners nor Hp pots.

Egg bombs are a bit annoying since I can’t auto play through the stages thanks to them. I’m mostly in for the rewards; The WE costs are too high to really enjoy it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

I only wish the last reward was a scope. I don’t need the tonics right now. The trainers come in handy though, since I have a large queue of green heroes.

4 Likes

I don’t know exactly what I want, but being the female I am, I want more.

I have been playing 4 8 months now and remember the Halloween event and the Christmas event, and now the spring event. Which is wonderful.

What I am looking for it is more hype about the events 4 the new members and our alliances so they know how to better prepare 4 the play. It’s 6 in the morning. I’m going to take a nap.

I did do a search, but you know, I get all kinds of things when I do searches that are totally irrelevant to what I’m looking for. I’m just not looking for properly. Who knows?

2 Likes

@Meanandnasty I moved your post to a thread you can point new members of your alliance to for information. :slight_smile:

If you scroll up to the top post, there’s lots of guidance here.

1 Like

As far as strategy goes, I’m taking a rainbow healer squad to maximize the play time w/ the egg bombs. This is one of the more fun quests to play just for the enjoyment. The bosses are killable with tile damage alone at least through the first half of the levels. I may switch to something more serious after level 15 or so. i think only levels 18 and up are really challenging if I remember last year’s pattern.

7 Likes

I was planning to go tryhard until I saw your post. Straight healer team sounded hilarious, so I stole was inspired by your idea.

Couldn’t fill out yellow since my freshly minted Vivica is still a baby, but it was fun. :joy:

6 Likes

:+1: I like it :slight_smile:

here we can see one of the many Jack O’Hare’s ancestors:

12 Likes

So at a quick glance it seems like advanced means 263 flags for a shield and a tonic, where as i can get the same from a rare quest for just 60 flags. That seems hardly worth the effort. At that level of flags per level the loot ain’t worth it.

1 Like

Sure, but Shrikewood only comes around every couple of months.

Unless you have more Tonics and Shields than you could ever need, any source of guaranteed ascension mats is worthwhile.

19 Likes

Nope, worthwhile implies a decent return of investment on my time and resources. This is not that. Not to mention all the items it would also cost to beat the later levels. It’s simply not worth it.

Ssaying that, the normal level has nothing what so ever to bother with. Not a single acension mat. Why would anyone bother?

And this only comes round once a year!

1 Like

Got this from the advanced stage

Not gonna complain about the additional trainer hero, but I thought it was just supposed to be 1. Is it intended or did I just get lucky?

10 Likes

in for bookmark! ouch

1 Like

If it’s not worth it to you, fair enough. To each their own.

It’s worth it to me, because of all the 4* ascension mats, tonics are lowest for me, and it’s a nice change of pace from auto farming 8-7 for the quadrillionth time, and my bench was too weak to take down Santa’s Challenge last year, so I’m curious to see how I do this year. Also I’m overflowing on battle items due to the aforementioned farming and having only one builder means I’m always fighting a metal pileup, so the battle item expenditure is a trifle for me.

Everyone is different, and each needs to make a call suited to his/her needs.

6 Likes