🏰 Quenell – 5* Nature / Green from Clash of Knights

New Clash of Knights hero is released: Quenell

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Quenell, as well as your thoughts on him.

Quenell

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Ranger
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 856 819 1545
4/90 980 937 1767
Origin Family
Clash of Knights Wolf
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Howling Sword
  • Deals 320% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The caster gets additional +40% power for the next Special Skill they cast. The additional power increases +40% each turn, up to +200% in total.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Wolf” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Wolf Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 35% / 50% chance to make a cast buff undispellable

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes since Beta.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Clash of Knights Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v42]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Quenell ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Quenell.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Quenell and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Quenell worth summoning for?

• Would you use Quenell on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Quenell ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Quenell as an opponent?

• Would you give Quenell Ranger Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Quenell’s character design?

• If you Summoned Quenell and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Quenell, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Quenell when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Quenell, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Quenell (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Quenell), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Quenell.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Quenell by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Quenell by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Quenell by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Quenell by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Quenell by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Quenell

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Quenell by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Quenell

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

:european_castle: Hero Threads

Raven Clan

Wolf Clan

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Quenell (post release)

:question: Is Quenell worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Quenell would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Quenell’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Skill Buffer (Self)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Quenell compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Quenell’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Quenell’s Base Stats?
Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Quenell worth giving Ranger Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Quenell is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Quenell is best used?

Choose up to 3 options

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

3 Likes

@PlayForFun It seems all Clash of Knights heroes are showing as Halloween family :thinking:

Is this correct ?

P.S. Thanks for the advance info on these, and all the other things you do :star:

Thanks. Copy-paste problem :smiley:
“Wolf” is the correct family for this hero.
It was incorrect for all other heroes too. I have fixed all of them. (Some of the other heroes are from the Raven family)

3 Likes

Hi @PlayForFun , it’s me again :rofl:

Seems all the Clash of Knight heroes have “Stalling” at the front of the special skill.
(Copy and paste from Chakkoszrot maybe :rofl:)

Seriously, with this volume of information you are giving us, it would be more surprising if there were no typos.

Thanks again for all the (unpaid) work you put in :man_superhero:

3 Likes

Thanks for noticing me.
It looks like somehow I have inserted the skill name instead of the second word in the special skill of the hero, what I have used as a templete.
Now I have fixed this in the current and every other hero topics too.

I will make sure this problem not happen again in the upcoming new hero (costume) topics next week.

3 Likes

You’re only (1) human, I’m sure you’ve heard the quote…

To err is human… to really screw things up you need a computer! :rofl:

You are human, aren’t you ? :robot:

2 Likes

You are only ONE human, aren’t you :stuck_out_tongue:?

1 Like

Well my tonics goes to

4 Likes

The other thing they say is “Nobody’s perfect, and who wants to be a nobody?” :laughing:

4 Likes

I wonder who is the better hard hitting green. Quenell or Cristobal?

I’m stoked, just pulled her, have tonics :slight_smile: really can’t wait to fire her after Evelyn and Marcel !

2 Likes

Whatever bof needs a huge nerf honestly…

Got her early in the morning. Dindt have too many gems but I wasted 300 gems for the sake of it, and there she come. 1 single pull with 300 gems. Wow. Now let’s see her special…

Hmmm that’s not how she works. Yes the % increases +40 after the first strike. Bit when she fires again it resets the counter to +40 not gets an addicional… like the text says.
And what is this a counter to vanish?
It did not increased and disappeared only there’s Glenda special.

1 Like

Quennel don’t work well with Glenda. Their specials are the same. And if you fire Glenda after Quennel it Wil be substituted for glendas and won’t add extra %

1 Like

I’m not sure this is a bug or not. My understanding is Glenda special give her and nearby heroes additional 40% power within 4 turn, Quenelle special increase her power 40% per turn, maximum is 200%. So basically both hero special give extra power for specials, and thus, sg merge them as one buff or the newer buff can overwrite the older one. Similarly like attack buff, one is increase attack x%, another is increase attack y% and a further attack increase by z% when the caster was hitted. These two attack buff can also overwrite with each other.

1 Like

Reading her special, I just feel bad for Cristobal. Lol

2 Likes

It’s actually quite a nice new mechanic.

You fire her once and she does 320% to target and nearby. Then you hold on to her and the special power increases turn by turn.

I misread it at first and was surprised that if you fire her again it doesn’t increase the special power for next time, it resets it back to the first level of boost.

If you can hold her for 5 turns before firing her again she will do 520% to target and nearby!

10 Likes

She definitely made to be paired with Ludwig

1 Like

That has made me feel very, very good for getting her instead of him. Not that I’d be upset to have both, obviously.