🏰 Rayne – 5* Dark / Purple from Clash of Knights

New Clash of Knights hero is released: Rayne

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Rayne, as well as your thoughts on him.

Rayne

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Fighter
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 879 841 1491
4/90 1005 962 1706
Origin Family
Clash of Knights Raven
Image Aether Power Description
vampire Vampire At the start of each battle, this Hero heals 100% of dealt normal damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Plague Blade
  • Deals 400% damage to the target.
  • The target receives 1300 Poison damage over 5 turns. This effect spreads to nearby enemies.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Raven” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Raven Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 35% / 50% chance to make a cast ailment uncleansable

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Mar 2022

Dec 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Rayne from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Clash of Knights Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v44]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Rayne ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Rayne.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Rayne and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Rayne worth summoning for?

• Would you use Rayne on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Rayne ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Rayne as an opponent?

• Would you give Rayne Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Rayne’s character design?

• If you Summoned Rayne and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Rayne, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Rayne when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Rayne, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Rayne (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Rayne), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

:european_castle: Hero Threads

Raven Clan

Wolf Clan

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Rayne (post release)

:question: Is Rayne worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Rayne would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Rayne’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Damage Dealer (Over time)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Rayne compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Rayne’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Rayne’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Rayne worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Rayne is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Rayne is best used?

Choose up to 3 options

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

May we get an explanation of how contagious works that will be preempt many questions?

If one enemy gets this effect then in the next turn the target’s neighbor enemies will get the same effect. The effect duration will be 3 for the neighbours same as the original target.
In the turn after that their neighbours also get this ailment.

This effect can be resisted by passive (etc…), but Taunt itself not protects against this ailment spreading.

14 Likes

I really like Rayne, love the new ailment contagion. Thanks for all the early information. Here are my thoughts, thanks.

7 Likes

Here are my thoughts!

8 Likes

Man… her Dot is over 1000 once she gets emblems

and that’s not even the end. 32points atk missing from last step of emblem path. Also another ~60 atk points for LB…

Also interesting thing, given you hit a fighter and that fighter dies in the next round plus revives himself. Then this fighter will still be infected when coming back…and poison will spread over. How evil is that

8 Likes

Pulled this event harder since I still needed Viscaro and Franz to keep my 4* complete and pulled Rayne, now I have to decide who goes first. And to think I was all ready to do the grimble from HA10, now he’s third place.

3 Likes

Decide between which heroes ? Rayne vs. Viscaro? vs. Grimble?

We do not ask such questions among these heroes! Rayne of course!
My dilemma is between Rayne, Domitia with C and Hell!

1 Like

I did ascend C.Dom but actually rarely use her. Hell is fun I think (but I don’t own her), Rayne is even more fun I’d say ;).
No but seriously this decision of course depends on available emblems, your roster, plans for LB… If you were also lucky enough to pull Quintin then it’s 100% Rayne.

1 Like

I have a question. If target die within the first turn of Rayne’s DoT, will the DoT spread ?

3 Likes

I just got Rayen while hoping for Ludwig. Not who I wanted, but definitely not disappointed. But I’m stuck now deciding between Rayne and Dark Lord. How do the two stack up against each other? Anyone know?

1 Like

No. The target needs to survive one round

2 Likes

So, the ailment deal damage and the counter turn reduce by 1 before the ailment spread.

Thank you.

So he shares the same weakness of Sir Roostley. If the defense is already half beaten down and he kills the hero with his snipe then no speeding of his poison.

How does Rayne compare with Dark Lord? Any thoughts on that?
Appreciate your feedback in advance.

1 Like

Not sure about vf wars. But this hero is likely not as good as you think.

Mainly due to the fact that it’s average speed and requires many turns to kill the opponent. All while the opponents are still alive and can kill your team.

You’d better off forming a team that can kill the opponent for certain.

1 Like

I prefer Dark Lord because it has the same speed as Panther. Confirm kill, and has dispell. Mana slow and poison at the same time.

3 Likes

This would be Lady Locke, if instead of cleanse she did near sniper damage and buffed up base stats. These 2021/22 heroes are just insane.

1 Like