🏰 Bertulf – 3* Holy / Yellow from Clash of Knights

New Clash of Knights hero is released: Bertulf

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Bertulf, as well as your thoughts on him.

Bertulf

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star:
Rare
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Monk
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55 557 522 929
3/60 688 645 1148
Origin Family
Clash of Knights Wolf
Image Aether Power Description
counterattack Counterattack At the start of each battle, this Hero counterattacks with 60% of the damage received for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Magnificent Meal
  • All allies get +100% normal attack for 4 turns. This effect can be active in addition to effects that alter attack in general. Normal attacks can have a total maximum of +160% increased power while this effect is active.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Wolf” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Wolf Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 35% / 50% chance to make a cast buff undispellable

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes since Beta.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Clash of Knights Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v42]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Bertulf ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Bertulf.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Bertulf and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Bertulf worth summoning for?

• Would you use Bertulf on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Bertulf ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Bertulf as an opponent?

• Would you give Bertulf Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Bertulf’s character design?

• If you Summoned Bertulf and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Bertulf, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Bertulf when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Bertulf, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Bertulf (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Bertulf), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Rare Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Rare Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 33.2% chance of summoning Bertulf.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 55 times out of 100, you’ll get Bertulf by pull 20 (5,200 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Bertulf by pull 75 (19,700 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Bertulf by pull 115 (30,100 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 45 out of every 100 people won’t get Bertulf by the 20th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::zero: times, 446,630 of those players wouldn’t get Bertulf * 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Bertulf by the 75th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :seven::five: times, 48,675 of those players wouldn’t get Bertulf
  • 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Bertulf by the 115th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :one::one::five: times, 9,710 of those players wouldn’t get Bertulf

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

:european_castle: Hero Threads

Raven Clan

Wolf Clan

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Bertulf

:question: Is Bertulf worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Bertulf compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Bertulf is it worth keeping & levelling?

Note this will be roster dependent & not the same for all players.

• None (zero)
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four +

0 voters

:question: How does Bertulf’s Special Skill match Bertulf’s Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Bertulf has only one Purpose: Attack Buffer.

If you can think of any other, then let me know, and I will add a poll for it.

:question: Is Bertulf worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think Bertulf is best suited on defence (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Bertulf will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

2 Likes

OK so if Stats hold up on Bertulf. If fully emblemed and limit broke, I feel like this could be a replacement for Wu (no emblems). I haven’t been blessed with Miki or Tarlak, so this could be a reasonable replacement?

8 Likes

I am waiting for him too for the same purpose…
I could not pull Sergei either :frowning:

4 Likes

Bertulf might be much better, economically, than Sergei. It costs a lot of mana pots to get that attack boost. And @g8slord does have a point…limit broken, he might be a 4* in disguise.

5 Likes

Even those having Sergei, Miki and/or Tarlak can use him in Rare tier events and I think if I get him I will power level him to improve my score.

3 Likes

Yes, for Rare tier in the tournament he can be useful for score improving.

1 Like

He is the reason why i want to do some pulls this event. I dont want any of the 4 star, a 5 star would be a bonus, i just want Bertulf. He will completely change my gameplay im sure about that.

4 Likes

Well did a 10-pull just for the chance to get him (other heroes would be a bonus, but not expected) and was lucky enough to pull him. Also got the other 3* event hero. I might fully emblem +lb him and start using on dark titans and also propably will use him on every rare/epic event stages from now on. Didn’t have enough feeders yet to max him, but maybe by tomorrow.

1 Like

Please gives us an update on his performance when your ready. Thank you.

2 Likes

Someone propably will get him maxed faster than me, but I’ll try to!

1 Like

I have him maxed and limit broken. I already like him way better than Sergei since he charges faster. I’d put him above Sergei for non-yellow titans. I already have G. Panther so I will probably use Bertulf over Sergei there, too. I don’t have Miki or Tarlak.

1 Like

Just finished my Bertulf, great hero, I liked a lot

9 Likes

Starting to sound like the Magic 4* are disappointing. I, too, am disappointed by Sergei’s slow charge to 2x for that attack buff.

Can you post stats after LB and emblems so that I can compare to Wu?

yes but remember the first charge is VF and is elemental defense down.

1 Like

The key is the special itself. It’s the same attack boost given by Tarlak (who I don’t have). The damage potential of Wu and Ranvir (both of which I do have) will always be higher, but this type of boost allows for more consistent damage without the disruption to special accuracy.

4 Likes

Thank you @Itchitaka . I was wondering about the surviveability, so wanted to compare Defense/Health to Wu. I agree I like the “Tarlak” style buff better. What path did you take? Def/Health?

1 Like

I went with Def > Health > Attack.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this image.

1 Like