🏰 Franz – 4* Nature / Green from Clash of Knights

New Clash of Knights hero is released: Franz

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Franz, as well as your thoughts on him.

Franz

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Paladin
VS
Very Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 600 741 1650
4/80 696 859 1914
Origin Family
Clash of Knights Raven
Image Aether Power Description
vampire Vampire At the start of each battle, this Hero heals 100% of dealt normal damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Sonorous Spear
  • Deals 215% damage to all enemies.
  • All damage all enemies receive is increased by +50% for 6 turns.
  • All enemies are immune to new buffs for 6 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Raven” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Raven Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 35% / 50% chance to make a cast ailment uncleansable

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Franz from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Clash of Knights Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v44]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Franz ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Franz.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Franz and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Franz worth summoning for?

• Would you use Franz on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Franz ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Franz as an opponent?

• Would you give Franz Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Franz’s character design?

• If you Summoned Franz and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Franz, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Franz when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Franz, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Franz (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Franz), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

:european_castle: Hero Threads

Raven Clan

Wolf Clan

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Franz (post release)

:question: Is Franz worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Franz would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Franz’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Damage Increaser
  • Buff Imminiser

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Franz compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Franz’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Franz worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Franz is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Franz is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options
2 Likes

There is Ludwig in the title. May be because Ludwig applied Taunt on himself to redirect attention from Franz.

7 Likes

:rofl:

Thx, I have fixed it.

2 Likes

Funny how newer 4 :star2: have almost the same stats (ATK,def,HP) as S1 5 :star2: :joy::joy::joy:

10 Likes

Pulled him today and will level him. Can’t wait to try him out. Sounds great for rush attack.

6 Likes

Probably very soon, new 3* heroes will be better than season one 5*…

3 Likes

I think Treevil maybe already better than some S1 five-stars :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I’m looking forward to using him in rush and events including this one

19 Likes

You’re right. Better than most slow S1 heroes. Better than Azlar, Quintus, Horghall and maybe even better than Elkanen. The Gnome for sure is better than him.

I love my costume azlar but naked form is mediocre along most of them. Not only their specials but their stats are a joke.

0 emblems knights are stronger than S1 on full 20 emblems.

3 Likes

Awesome stats. What’s the talent path on this beast?

Can’t wait to try him out on titans

1 Like

I did ATT>DEF>HP because he will end up in stacks and he has plenty of survivability, plus his initial attack stat sucks. It is easy to make him more tanky of course.

5 Likes

Dumb question: the “damage enemies receive is increased by” part of the special stacks with (elemental) defense down and attack boosts? How exactly?
Does it work with dot too? And with weapons?

1 Like

You can tell what stacks and doesn’t typically from the icons they give. When they are the same no stack and when they are different they can stack. The symbol for this ailment he gives is the red shield identical to the one Motega gives and his stacks as well. There may be more that gives this icon but these are the only two I am aware of. I did use him on a Titan with frigg and Fogg and I had some of my best scores. He is awesome.

This perk also works with Dot and axes/bombs etc. as it clearly states all damage received. It’s a great perk

2 Likes

It works differently than other ailments in that it is not factored in the damage formula. Damage is calculated first based on attack/defense taking into account other buffs/ailments(def down, elemental def down, attack boost, etc.) After the damage calculated it is multiplied by 1.5 to get the final number. It works for any kind of damage(items, DOT, direct damage, etc.) Also, it does not count towards the damage cap for Miki or Tarlak so it will stack with them as well.

Someone already mentioned Motega which has a similar ailment which would overwrite with this. Siff and Wolfgang have a buff which is the opposite and reduces received damage so they should also overwrite each other.

I’m not really sure how it would interact with black knight since his flesh wound also effects received damage.

2 Likes

Pulled 2 Franz. Going to level one for atk>def>HP and another def>HP>atk. Going the defense route, if you also include limit break, Franz is basically a 5* in disguise. I want him to stay alive as long as possible to fire more than once on defense. The other I’d go the attack route so I can use him on my offense team in rush.

3 Likes

That was fast :slight_smile:

20 characters

I managed to get this bad boy. Looks like another hero I’ll be levelling up before my Green 5*s (sorry Kadilen and Horghall) I look forward to seeing what damage is done when I use him with Ratatoskr and Buddy

6 Likes

Hadn’t considered him for titans but definitely will try it out. Does his DD stack with Buddy’s for example?

2 Likes