New Clash of Knights hero is released: Esme
This thread is for discussing strategy related to Esme, as well as your thoughts on him.
|Clash of Knights||Wolf|
|Heal Increase||At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +50% increase for any healing received for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
|Special Skill: Fiendslayer|
The new heroes form the “Wolf” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:
- 35% / 50% chance to make a cast buff undispellable
Changes from Beta
There appear to be no changes since Beta.
Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Clash of Knights Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v42]
What do you think of Esme ?
This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Esme.
Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Esme and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.
Some Popular Questions for Discussion
Is Esme worth summoning for?
Would you use Esme on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?
Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Esme ?
What heroes would you take when facing Esme as an opponent?
Would you give Esme Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?
What do you think of special?
What do you think of Esme’s character design?
If you Summoned Esme and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Esme, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*
|Avoiding Overspending & Heartache|
|Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?|
It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.
On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Esme.
But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.
Some useful insights:
- 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Esme by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
- 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Esme by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
- 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Esme by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
- 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Esme by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)
Putting that in Perspective
85 out of every 100 people won’t get Esme by the 100th pull
If 1 Million players each spent
$259.97 (US)to summon times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Esme
5 out of every 100 people won’t get Esme by the 1800th pull
If 1 Million players each spent
$4,671.53 USto summon times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Esme
More Insights & Reading
I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:
[WARNING] A Summons Experience - Chasing Guardian Panther - A Warning for Chasing Heroes
What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about "unfair pulls")
If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later.
Wondering About Your Personal Situation?
Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.
If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.
Related Threads You May Be Interested In
- 🏰 [MASTER] Clash of Knights Alliance Quest – Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results
- 🧪 Early Information on New Clash of Knights Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v42]
- 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Clash of Knights Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v44]
- ⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Esme
- 🏰 Eloise – 5* Holy / Yellow from Clash of Knights
- 🏰 Lewena – 5* Fire / Red from Clash of Knights
- 🏰 Quintin – 5* Ice / Blue from Clash of Knights
- 🏰 Rayne – 5* Dark / Purple from Clash of Knights
- 🏰 Franz – 4* Nature / Green from Clash of Knights
- 🏰 Wren – 4* Nature / Green from Clash of Knights
- 🏰 Aderyn – 3* Dark / Purple from Clash of Knights