🏰 Esme – 5* Ice/ Blue from Clash of Knights

New Clash of Knights hero is released: Esme

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Esme, as well as your thoughts on him.

Esme

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Sorcerer
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 821 841 1591
4/90 939 962 1821
Origin Family
Clash of Knights Wolf
Image Aether Power Description
heal-increase Heal Increase At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +50% increase for any healing received for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Fiendslayer
  • Destroys all Fiends from all allies.
  • Boosts health by 650 for all allies (boosted health can exceed max HP).
  • If an ally had Fiends they will be immune to new Fiends for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Wolf” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Wolf Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 35% / 50% chance to make a cast buff undispellable

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Aug 2022

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes since Beta.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Clash of Knights Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v42]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Esme ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Esme.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Esme and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Esme worth summoning for?

• Would you use Esme on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Esme ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Esme as an opponent?

• Would you give Esme Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Esme’s character design?

• If you Summoned Esme and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Esme, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Esme when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Esme, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Esme (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Esme), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Esme.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Esme by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Esme by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Esme by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Esme by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Esme by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Esme

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Esme by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Esme

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

:european_castle: Hero Threads

Raven Clan

Wolf Clan

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Esme (post release)

:question: Is Esme worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Esme would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Esme’s Primary Purpose is?

The skill is changed to Boost Health instead of Healing. I can not change the Healing option to Boost Health here. So please consider Healer as HP booster option.

• Fiend Remover
  • Healer (Immediate)
  • Fiend Immunizer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Esme compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Esme’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Esme’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Esme worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Esme is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Esme is best used?

Choose up to 3 options

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

2 Likes

Ahh, the anti-Elizabeth is here. It was only a matter of time.

1 Like

I don’t know, she just seem so underwhelming. In a fiendless battle, she’s only going to heal 40% on average speed. One of the worse healers imo, and probably the worse 5* hero of the bunch

3 Likes

You could be right. So guess which one I just pulled?

4 Likes

Omg :rofl: :scream: Ludwig is batshit broken, quenell is insane, Wolfgang’s still okay. So of course you’re going gonna get esme

Of course!

But it’s not all bad news. I just got a bit greedy and did another 10 and did indeed get Quenell. Funny, I thought she wasn’t all that great either, just reading the card, but my maths skills have never been that impressive…

Anyway, Esme is the anti-Elizabeth, but I didn’t say she was necessarily a good one! Alexandrine (currently 3.28) is definitely going up before her.

Okay, as I mentioned, quenell is batshit insane. So at least you got something out of your pulls. and watch me get like 3 Esme’s later

1 Like

she is too situational

i wish her fiend protection is unconditional (not only for allies who got fiends removed) and it would be nice if she does something else like cleanse or additional buff

4 Likes

She’s literally a 5* vanilla Hawkmoon outside of fiends. Not good at all

1 Like

I don’t know, I agree that she seems the least powerful of them all, but she is a much better healer than Alexandrine and we are in a fiends meta.

I just got her and currently I am pretty satisfied :smiley:

9 Likes

I think here is supposed to be Wolf family. @PlayForFun you are trying again to prove that supposedly only one person and possible human :smiley:

Thx. I haved fixed it for all other Wolf heroes too.

1 Like

Of course i get 5* healer number 15 :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

I like only for fiend removal. Could care less about the heals. They could have done 15% like Grazul and the fiend removal would still be worth it. Between Elizabeth, Hannah, and Motega; the game needed something. Esme healing is on par nothing great for defense BUT offensive she will be great. Situational of course but most healers are situational at best.

4 Likes

She is as close to useless as you can get. 95% of the time, all she will do is heal 40% to all at average speed. If your team has fiends, then that means the opponents heroes are going off and thats a BAD thing. And on top of that, there are only a small handful of actual fiend users in the game. AND on top of THAT, if she clears fiends from an ally, she only gives fiend immunity to that ally and not the whole team, so if she clears hannahs fiends, only those 3 heroes get fiend immunity. She is wayyy too situational and absolutely needs a buff to be useable.

4 Likes

I think you guys are greatly underestimating how clutch Esme can be. If you force Elizabeth to fire, Esme destroys the fiends before she heals, giving you the full amount. Add to that because she just cleared all the fiends, now all your heroes are also immune to new fiends for 4 turns, allowing you to safely force an enemy Hannah to fire and losing half her special because you are immune still.

10 Likes

Then why don’t she just give all her allies the buff instead? On buff booster she’s just going to buff a selected amount of allies with fiends then

pullled Esme on my alt account. If I had pulled it on my main Esme wouldve been used in war teams. But my alt is not a high level account so Elizabeth or Hannah are rarely a raid or war opponent. So yeah, from the small perspective Esme seems quite a bit worse than other blue healers from this level, planning to level more Kiril costumes ahead of her. 40% heal with everything else so dependent upon fiends is of limited use if you never face fiends.

I’m sure season 5 will introduce a new defense meta that isnt fiend dependent and Esme will seem pretty lame.

Universally healers are never situational, they need to have something else to help support the team throughout the match. Ariel heals 40% health as well, but she cleanses and gives mana gen. In 95% of situations, I rather use Ariel over Esme.

The one thing that really gripes me is that she don’t even have the decency to buff all her allies with the anti fiend effect. It’s like Francine saying just because her allies don’t have ailments at that moment, she’s not going to give her allies the cleanse over turn effect.

If the meta has shifted to fiends in the future, she’ll be decent at most.
This is still an experimental hero, so there will be better healers that deal with fiends over her in the future

1 Like