🏰 Eloise – 5* Holy / Yellow from Clash of Knights

New Clash of Knights hero is released: Eloise

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Eloise, as well as your thoughts on him.

Eloise

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Wizard
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 865 854 1498
4/90 990 977 1714
Origin Family
Clash of Knights Raven
Image Aether Power Description
vampire Vampire At the start of each battle, this Hero heals 100% of dealt normal damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Ravaging Talons
  • Destroys all Minions from all enemies.
  • Deals 270% damage to all enemies.
  • If an enemy had Minions they will be immune to new Minions for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Raven” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Raven Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 35% / 50% chance to make a cast ailment uncleansable

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Eloise from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Clash of Knights Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v44]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Eloise ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Eloise.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Eloise and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Eloise worth summoning for?

• Would you use Eloise on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Eloise ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Eloise as an opponent?

• Would you give Eloise Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Eloise’s character design?

• If you Summoned Eloise and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Eloise, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Eloise when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Eloise, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Eloise (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Eloise), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

:european_castle: Hero Threads

Raven Clan

Wolf Clan

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Eloise (post release)

:question: Is Eloise worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Eloise would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Eloise’s Primary Purpose is?

• Minion Destroyer
  • Damage Dealer
  • Immuniser against minions

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Eloise compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Eloise’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Eloise’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Eloise worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Eloise is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Eloise is best used?

Choose up to 3 options

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

4 Likes

Eloise’s an awesome hero, I almost feel sorry for Minion Summoners. This is my lighthearted review. Thanks!

12 Likes

Not a fan of these new heroes like Eloise, Gaillard and Penolite who make a whole subsection of heroes totally useless. I am sure these heroes will make them a tonne of money but imo these kind of heroes are strangling the game. These heroes and might as well include Ruby in that they are like nuclear warheads when their special go off and not really any strategy needed after that. :yawning_face::yawning_face::yawning_face:

2 Likes

She’s basically a Grimble that does not produce mana. Hits stronger as a trade off, and then the minion block but…

I’d say I’ll stick to my Grimble, and if you wanna produce more minions to fuel me up for the second time, then be my guest.

Sorry Eloise but you’ve been beaten by an old goat.

8 Likes

270% damage to all with a baseline attack stat of 803……sorry bro. Minions aside….show me the power. That’s insane damage. The minion stuff is just icing on the cake. The baby goat isn’t doing any damage close to that. Now add emblems and Eloise is a wrecking ball at average speed!

7 Likes

Killhare deals 300% (granted, a bit lower base attack) for years and where is she now :man_shrugging: I don’t even use her in my secondary teams anymore.

And well, Grimble’s hit is weaker, no doubt there. But against minions he will let your Ludwig/Alfrike/any other gamewinning slow/very slow hero fire much quicker. So his hit is really irrelevant.

Eloise will hit all for 500 dmg and remove the minions. Cool. And then what?

3 Likes

This argument is just a case of “my hero is better”! The fact is, both are great anti-minion heroes for different reasons and play styles. Grimble hits like a wet noodle, but charges up the real killers. Eloise hits hard herself and really softens up the enemy for follow up kills. Both are pretty great. Do you need BOTH? Maybe for wars…but both remain great.

10 Likes

I see Eloise as a direct counter against Freya. Being a wizard she can proc jinx, greatly increasing the damage done to all for any buffs the enemy team has active.

1 Like

Of course she is! I won’t argue with that. She’s there all equipped for the job.

Just in my opinion, good old Grimble is better for the same job, as he destroys the minions and at the same time enables your slower, devastating allies to murder now uncovered enemies. Eloise misses that part, which leaves a feeling of being just a worse Grimble. And nowadays she should compete with Penolite instead!

1 Like

I was lucky enough to pull Eloise and Penolite a while back. No Grimble here, so I can’t compare but I’m excited to pair them on my minion killing team.

I’m just thinking about those Christmas defs you find now like everywhere. It’s so annoying when their just spamming minions like crazy. These fights just take forever…
And now there comes Eloise along and just puts an end to this minion madness. Love it somehow

5 Likes

Just don’t forget a dispeller or krampus taunt will mess that plan up

2 Likes

Just pulled her on a challenge coin pull (I was hoping for Rayne or Quintin) and I am slightly underwhelmed - feels like a more violent cGormak. Admittedly part of the underwhelm is that I have quite the queue for darts. (Hanitra, Inari, Neith) but I think I’ll squeeze her in after one of the dodgers.

I do like the ‘no more minions’ part - as it means it especially negates the Bera / Freya issue where you accidentally plough more tiles in and set them off again - but it’s odd - she’s laying the battlefield bare for a follow-up but also does a shed load of damage herself. I’ll be interested to see if it’s enough for another AoE to finish off. Perhaps fan favourite cKiril has found another minion destroyer to play with.

I also have Grimble sat at 3/70 facing off against Karnov for that 1 more tabard needed.

Decisions decisions.

1 Like

Mehh don’t interrupt me dreaming with handy details x)

1 Like

Bring Malosi and just stop the taunt in the first place. Simples!

2 Likes

Oh well to be Honest I still like my C.Gormek tho.
With full Minions, he can heals like 1.5k HP.
That means comeback time baby!!!

3 Likes

Here are my thoughts on Eloise!

6 Likes

Iam glad I’ve got her :heart_eyes:
but heroes like that brought a disturbance in the Force of the game!

That makes top heroes like Freya, Bera, Lady of the Lake and any other minion summoner
loose their glory and strength!

Recently I’ve got Bera after 3 years of playing, but decided now to stop her leveling
and give the mats to Lepiota.

Lepiota will ghost - “silence” for a while all those new heroes like Mr. Pengi, Quintin, Ludwig,
but is a tough battle against OP heroes. I guess a lot more “new age” heroes
will follow so it’s better to wait and see.

I want her. :star_struck: I was fortunate to pull esme the last challenge but eloise does damage as well.
Congratulations to all who pull her! :two_hearts:

4 Likes