šŸŽ… Mr. Pengi -- 5* Ice / Blue from Santa's Challenge (Winter)

ā€œHeā€™s not OPā€ = Youā€™ve pulled it.
That penguin must be nerfed in my OPinion.

2 Likes

Heā€™s only OP if the minions stack up. Without the minions heā€™s average at best. Minion countering heroes are plentiful and more are being released. He has one niche that he excels atā€¦xmas teamā€™s days are numbered on the leaderboard IMO.

1 Like

Lork loki is The funniest guy to useā€¦ U can have any hero with The guyā€¦ Even a another copy of MR pengi :wink:

2 Likes

In undead minion wars he can be quite devastating in the right defensive lineup. Me and my team just fought two Wars against alliances with warboards where he was basically in most of the teams. Hereā€™s our war with Avengers. The first flag is a good example.

4 Likes

The amount of posters in here saying pengi is just ok is laughable. In the hands of anyone with a decent roster and a basic understanding of how to build a team and you become nearly unbeatable.

If you got him, enjoy him while you can cause itā€™s nearly certain he will get nerfed in a big way. He makes the prenerf vela tel gravemaker trio look like 3 tudans.

And before anyone gets their panties twisted in a bunch, I am not advocating a nerf. I am simply voicing my opinion that a nerf is inevitable. Tel, vela, gm, frigg and Odin all got smacked with the nerfbat and none of them was anywhere near as strong as pengi is.

2 Likes

Gravemaker werenā€™t nerfed ever once, Telluria and Vela 1st iteration were very strong for their timeā€™s META but after the first nerf they were further nerfed because they were too popular, not to strong. Frigg and Odin were strong and still are very strong, the nerfbat didnā€™t hit them as hard as it hit other heroes.

I think that many players who doesnā€™t have Frigg would gladly trade Mr. Pengi for her.
Anyway, hearing about why Mr. Pengi is too strong would be interesting as to identify where his ā€œproblemā€ comes from, if itā€™s due to fast minion summoners as Bera/Freya, to Xmax family heroes powered by Xnolphod or wathever.

Anyway, I think that Mr. Pengi still isnā€™t nearly as srong as the recently released Zekena, Faline, Quenell, Quintinā€¦ and maybe even other ones.

8 Likes

I started using my second Pengi even though he is not quite maxed yet. The team is C. Kiril, Glenda flanked by 2 Pengis and Inari or in case of minion defenses C. Gormek. If i get my 9 blue tiles the battle is over, it feels like cheating or at least exploiting. Fire off C. Kiril, then Glenda, let Pengi #2 fire and summon more minions then activate the LB Pengi and let him go to town, job done, thank you fishstorm.

4 Likes

The OP is updated with the february balance changes.

Pengiā€¦heā€™s the reason why winter family suffered this huge lost. Santa should fire him

4 Likes

I think this Penguin in all honesty is a bit too strong, Iā€™ve never been one to say a hero needs adjusting but at the detriment of c.Krampus I am voting for that now. The whole Christmas family has suffered with their minions and c.Kramp quite honestly has become a piece of junk on def now.

The Christmas minions were reduced so they could be taken out easier, yet penguin can be arranged with minion makers other than the Christmas familyā€¦

I donā€™t believe he should be nerfed so to say but definitely needs an adjustment of sorts, maybe the amount he fires or somethingā€¦ all I know is its the same raid/war set ups over and overā€¦ penguin with multiple minion makers, boring.

1 Like

Just remember what kind of heroes there are out here and wich kind of heroes will be released.

Mr. Pengi level of damage isnā€™t at their level

8 Likes

Itā€™s just my opinion and i disagree, I can take a hit off of all the heroes youā€™ve listed and 9/10 Iā€™m still standing, with Pengi he can gun down a hero or two and thatā€™s when thereā€™s a problem.

I totally get what youā€™re saying in regards to other certain heroes, donā€™t see why frigg is mentioned when you thereā€™s morel who has better stats all ā€˜round lol.

As for Pengi we will see what happens with him. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But I didnā€™t mentioned Frigg, she and Morel just act as Enabler for more damaging heroes.
Iā€™m not saying that they doesnā€™t deal a good amount of damage but I were pointing out that every damaging hero is deadly ā€œwhen arrangedā€ with an Enabler and they only need to cast one special each to murder a team unlike Mr. Pengi wich even requires Minions build up.

The screen I posted have Frigg wich is acting as an Enabler for Faline, she is a very common defender nowdays.
Faline can deal this kind of damage even without Enabler as long as her Wizard talent would proc, she were even recently buffed.

Of course itā€™ll be SGG decision to buff or nerf heroes but to me the previously cited heroes with an Enabler are much stronger than Mr. Pengi with 15 rounds of Herring Blaster.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s hard to do a 1 vs 1 comparison since to get Pengi to fire 10+ times, you need to use up 2 other spots in your team by bringing other minion spawning heroes (who are usually not damage dealers)

So a better comparison would be say the total damage output of Krampus - Frosth - Pengi (which is the team Iā€™m using) vs Morel - Frigg - Odin for example

5 Likes

Love him. But hesitant to LB now given the multuple nerfs SG made to Tell Vel. :angry:

3 Likes

I did ascend mine, the other options were Magni or Aegir :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I presume thats not Magni with costume. :wink: Iā€™ll wait till S5 or if i manage to pull a Morel before deciding.

1 Like

Exactly :rofl:
I have the 4 classic heroes with a costumed Richard but he isnā€™t exactly a hero you would break.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t do it. Garbage we canā€™t get a reset coin for aethers. Iā€™m hesitant to give Pengi my next set of scopes until we know this is over. He was my next blue in line, but I just gave Krampus my last set of scopes and donā€™t want to get hit twice.

1 Like

Well get reset stuff someday. Probably for sale. LOL.

2 Likes