🔵 [July 3, 2019] Trials of Shadows Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Shadows!

This is the Ninth of the Trials in the 5th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Shadows

Now that the Class Trials are on their 5th Cycle and seem to have reasonably stabilized, I’ve moved all of the guide information to a separate thread.

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Shadows?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Shadows?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Shadows

• Sabina is the only true healer available for this Trial, since Rumpelstiltskin only heals by chance. Do you have Sabina? Did you bring her along?

• How did you deal with Boss Scarlett and Skittleskull’s attack debuffs? Some possible options include Antidotes, using Rogue Khiona to overwrite the debuffs, using Sorcerer Mitsuko for mana control, using Sorcerer Ameonna to shed to status effects on herself, using Rogues Inari or Margaret to dodge the specials, or using Rogue Peters to silence.

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Shadows occurred:

1 Like

5 Likes

Forgot to take a screenshot but all cleared with:

Scarlett +10
Ameonna +7
Skittleskull 4/58
Gill-Ra 3/50
Chochin 3/50

Lost Gill-Ra early in the 3rd round cause I wasn’t paying attention, which made it pretty hard. Had to use almost a complete arsenal and had only Ameonna left standing… or floating I guess :yum: Went better last time and then Scarlett wasn’t maxed yet and Skittles at 3/60… Oh well, it’s cleared :wink:

Anyway, rogue emblems to Scarlett, sorcerer emblems to Skittles once she’s maxed. Trainer to Ariel. Yummy!

7 Likes

I hate this trial. One of the worst for me and not because i dont have options or a good team its because i dont have Sabina and every time i reach the boss stage fully loaded and 2 of the bosses manage to dodge every special. Board was terrible. Only positive thing is Ameonna, gotta give it to her because she managed to draw some fire upon her when in ghost mode and she basically killed by herself boss Domitia in ghost mode dodging a lot of specials. Glad i lvled her and gave her emblems.

6 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

It’s a lot of dodging.

Between the Rogue Talents and Inari, it got kind of ridiculous on both sides.

But eventually the Bosses died one by one, with little difficulty other than taking some time.

Shiny New Emblems

Jackal fell short of stepping up, even with an extra 10 Emblems from my Titan Chest.

Sabina stepped up one node, upping her Talent another level.

Click for Screenshots

Goes Well with Beer

My second Kiril ate the Trainer Hero.

6 Likes

My team remains unchanged, aside from the addition of emblems to Jackal and Scarlett. I may have some additional options for inclusion on this team next time, as I am leveling Ameonna and Natalya.

I made it to the bosses with everyone charged except Sabina. Domitia came close to killing Jackal, but close isn’t good enough. I was aggressive with the items, making sure this mostly fragile crew stayed healed.

The boards went South on me about midway through, but I persevered. I decided that the attack debuff on my heroes was meaningless, so long as I was dropping empty tiles. I did run out of bear banners close to the end.

Last to fall was Scarlett, finished off here by Jackal.

The trainer hero goes to Athena. The emblems go to Mitsy and the Rogues.

7 Likes

The one substantial change was 5* Kelile instad of the 4* variant. Bit prematurely, as Kelile has a far higher attack stat than Marjana on 28/4.
Had to use some items, both damage and support, in the last bossfight.

I’m saving my rouge emblems for now and will reset Scarlett once Marjana is maxed. I went the wrong path with her, so I would have reset anyway.

7 Likes

I was thrilled to pass through this one pretty smoothly as my Sorcerers got CRUSHED in the Trials of Mysticism and I thought I had fielded a better team there.

I used some bombs as a precaution to reduce attack before a few specials went off. I’m going to go with minor antidotes next time as I didn’t need the extra healing from the more expensive ones.

Overall very happy with the results. My Rogue and Sorcerer emblems remain unspent so far (I’m afraid of commitment, apparently) but my new Athena gets the trainer hero.

6 Likes

You never know when the suggested TP is 4000 and yours is a few hundred less. My team…

I used minor health in the first few stages to keep Sabina healthy. Also Turtle banners, axes and small antedotes in the boss stage.

Dom fired only once and all snipers worked together to take her out. Once Dom fell, ghosting tiles made quick work of Skittles, and Scarlet was the last to fall because of her constant dodging.

Purple tiles were aplenty so the team came through with minor scarring thanks to Sabina. MVP however would go to Inari as the team mostly dodged the attacks - although antedotes were on hand just in case. Inari deserves the emblems but she’s currently stuck at 3:70, so they’ll stay in my inventory for now.

8 Likes

Try stage 3, and failed, next time maybe after maxing *4 and one *5 Ursena.

photo_2019-07-03_22-21-56

6 Likes

Since my Sabina is not maxed it’s a fight to keep her alive at times and Ameonna isn’t either and so it’s tricky trying to find a proper way to use her but Marjana came through with the Wu and we pulled it off and of course our mighty fine weapons came through for us as well

6 Likes

Same team than last time. Only changes are Alice is now on tier 3, Kelile is now maxed and all troops got leveled.
Needed 3 dragons + 3 bombs, all mana pots and antidotes.
Board on boss wave was bad, with an abundance of green tiles. Scarlet and Domitia both dodge twice Alice and Jackal’s special.
Danza did not freeze though and got the bottle 3 times, which helped a lot.
Scarlet first, then Skittle and finally Domitia.

Alice got the trainer and the new emblems are waiting for her.
Sorcerer still on bench, waiting for Thoth or if i pull the trigger to ascend Sabina or lvl Ameonna. Still not sure about that part

5 Likes

Still my best trial. My team was:

• Sabina +11
  • Danzaburo +12
  • Skittleskull 4^70
  • Kelile 4^70
  • Kelile 3^60

Sabina and Danza are up two talents each from last time.

All these people asking “Is Danzaburo worth it?” haven’t used him on this trial. I know he had to have evaded at least three specials, and at one point when he threw swords, he caused enemy Skittleskill to miss every hero with her special. Plus, he’s very hearty and hard to kill.

Breezed through the mob waves and, as usual, targeted Skittleskull with specials because she doesn’t have that annoying evade talent that makes my Keliles miss. It was just a slow, steady progression of tile damage and firing specials, made slower when all three bosses targeted Kelile, Sr. with regular attacks on the same turn, killing her. I did use one bomb when Skittles’ attack down wasn’t active, and ultimately, I burned through 20 small health potions, despite having Sabina in my squad. No one else died, and I claimed the prize pretty easily.

Danza goes to +13, the highest number of talents for any of my heroes. Sabina falls three emblems short of +12. Trainer hero goes to Thorne, who is still on his second ascension but preparing to enter the fray on my Trials of Justice team next week.

8 Likes

Did it with this, also used Scarlett 1/1 on previous stages

7 Likes

I had to nuke them, but what else could I do with this team? I lack good sorcerers

7 Likes

My team was ‘meh’, and I am not going to attempt the final stage this go round. Skittleskull (1/3), Inari (3/70), Marjana (3/70), Skittleskull (1/17), Kellie (3/52).

Made it through the 2nd stage simply because Inari did her thing and provided timely dodges. I have heart eyes :blush: for Inari.

4 Likes

Gil-Ra - Mitsuko - Margaret - Jackal - Jackal

4 Likes

finally beat the last stage with this team. Scarlett is new, just pulled from last Atlantis; Margaret and Inari are newly ascended. between the two dodges and the two attack debuffs and my beautiful healer, made it through the last stage while playing distractedly - only Inari and Margaret left standing.

Sorceror emblems to Sabina, whom I use more than Skittles. still deciding on my Rogue emblems, will probably activate the first node for all then start pouring into Inari.

6 Likes