🔵 [May 13, 2020] Trials of Shadows Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Shadows!

This is the Ninth of the Trials in the 14th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Shadows

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Shadows?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Shadows?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Shadows

• There are a number of healer options available for this trial (Sabina, Lady of the Lake, Puss in Boots, Brynhild Costumed Vivica & Costumed Hawkmoon). Did you bring any of them along?

• How did you deal with Boss Scarlett and Skittleskull’s attack debuffs? Some possible options include Antidotes, using Rogue Khiona to overwrite the debuffs, using Sorcerer Mitsuko for mana control, using Sorcerer Ameonna to shed to status effects on herself, using Rogues Inari or Margaret to dodge the specials, using Rogue Peters to silence, or using Rogue Costumed Tyrum to clear the ailments.

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Shadows occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Shadows Discussions
3 Likes

Well, that was a nice practice for Grimforest :slight_smile:
Same team as last time, no changes

Used a few arrows, antidotes. Emblems are for Ursena and Brynhild

Trainerhero will sit on the bench. Maybe for my second Nordri :thinking:

Thanks and have a great day you all!

4 Likes

Decided to finish the trials before looking into the event quest first…sjadows is normally a bit more difficult to me as I’m very short on sorcerers and have to go with 3 4* heros, used the same team as last time - but surprisingly this time the team worked quite well! Didn’t use any items this time…

Trainer went to Kage as I’m lacking blue projects in the next time, emblems go to the bank for the moment…

7 Likes

Same team
Usrsena, Majana, Ice Witch went up +1 each

Got excited and Charged before screen shot

Shot down the Green Goblin
Screenshot_20200513-204552_Empires
Red Raider fell next

Good boards and im learning to be patient got me through without items

Emblems for Maj and Urs
Trainer in the bank

6 Likes

I’m trying to do each Trial with as few items as possible, which means using items only when my team is in danger of being wiped out (includes: protecting a healer who might die).

I only have one (very good) healer for this Trial, but the combination of Rogue skill and synergistic specials meant I didn’t have to use a single item here!

Inari, Rogue Li Xiu, Marjana, Scarlett and Sabina. With Scarlett’s attack debuff, Inari’s dodge, Li Xiu’s mana cut and Marjana’s DoT, plus Sabina’s heal and the rogue and sorceror talents… whew!

Focused fire on Skittles first as she can’t dodge direct damage. Then focused on Domitia. My Scarlett would always target Domi so all 3 bosses would get the attack debuff. Enemy Scarlett and Domi dodged like crazy, but the other effects still hit.

After a not-too-terribly-long barttle, Domi goes down, then Scarlett. Yay!

Rogue emblems took Marjana to +7. Saving the rest (I recently pulled Danzaburo, but Margaret’s gonna get buffed…)

Sorcerer emblems in the bank for now. Sabina’s already +20, but I do have a second at only +5. Skittles already +6.

7 Likes

Same team

Items, 5 arrows, 5 healing pots, 10 minor mana pots

Rogue emblems saved for Brynhild, sorcerers saved, trainer goes to Sonya 2.

8 Likes

Trials by Guv - Shadows

Last Time

Click to View team used last time
Click for History of Shadows by Guv

Guvs Shadows History:

Team This Time

Team worked really well last time. No sense breaking it :slight_smile:

Other Options
Note - Skittleskull is UNCOSTUMED option; Elena, Li Xiu, Tyrum & Hawkmoon are COSTUMED options.

Click for AMAZING hero roster & planning tool (used to show options)

Made by @GDIBass
Quick Link: Home | HeroPlan.io

Forum Thread Link:
HeroPlan.io - Tool for tracking your profile's progress, sharing it & to Plan your Hero Use for Class Trials, Challenge Events, Wars, Tavern of Legends Titans AND MORE!

Battle

Autoplay sorted out the first couple rounds as usual

Final Battle - Trials of Shadows 13th May

Rewards

• Reset Token = NO
  • Rogue Emblems = 215 / 125 for Alice Node 8
  • Sorcerer Emblems = 64 / 65 for Lady Locke node 4
  • Trainer = Fed to Master Lepus (now 2-31)

8 Likes

Here’s my team:

This was a new team for me. I can beat all the other trials without much effort, but the sorcerer class quests are not great for me. Other options were Danzaburo (+1), Quintus maxed, Skittleskull (+1).

I beat it and ended up using some axes and bomb attacks at the end after Sabina died at the stage 3 boss. I think I doubted this team too much and brought nuking equipment. If I had done a standard kit of mana pots, antidotes, healing pots, and maybe arrows I could have kept Sabina alive and beat it without items. Live and learn, hindsight is 20/20, some other cliche phrases …

Kelile went up to 18 between stages 2 and 3. She is my mini-Marjana until I get Marjana. Sorcerer emblems to the bank.

Good luck out there!

5 Likes

This is the first time I started using lady of the lake. She’s only middle of her tier 3, but god she’s so helpful against bosses!

Usually I fear ennemy mana gauges and had to use many items to finish the last stage, but this time it was a piece of cake. Once you have 3 minions on her + neighbors, it’s so beautifull to see the ennemy mana drop. No special fired.

Can’t wait to max her. /end of bragging.

EDIT: my team was made of LotL, Jackal, Marjana, Scarlett, Hawkmoon costumed

6 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Danzaburo out, Marjana in.

Other Options
Screenshot at May 13 19-51-30

The Battle

Great start, all mana charged and decent board setup.

Clear without using any items :+1:

Reward

Emblem both keep for maybe Marjana after max, and Soccerer keep for Ursena.
Trainer goes to Miki.

7 Likes

Without any items. None of the bosses ever cast due to LotL.

1 minute boss round:

7 Likes

My team this time:

• Domitia +17
  • Sabina +20
  • Ameonna +19
  • Skittleskull +5
  • Brynhild 4^70

Big changes, with Skittleskull and Brynhild checking in for Kelile 4^70 and Scarlett 4^70. Gives me slightly more beef at the expense of some speed. I still have only two colors represented, and both are weak against one of the bosses. Still, Brynhild has proven herself worthy in the recent raid tournament, and I’m considering her for rogue emblems whenever I stop on Domitia (probably +18 or +19). Speaking of Domitia, she’s also up 3 talents. Just gave Marjana the rings yesterday, so she’s an option for future trials.

Mob waves went really slowly, since again, I’m weak against both colors in the mob waves. Had several times where I was trying to save some on-color tiles for the next wave, but the moblings kept hanging around, forcing me to use them. Still, I entered the boss wave with all specials charged, and I fired everyone but Sabina. Targeted Boss Skittleskull first, using antidotes to counter attack down. Ended up using a bomb when Skittles was about to fire with almost no health just so I could get rid of her. Thought I was going to have to do the same with Boss Scarlett, but triggered a cascade that did her in, thankfully. I found out that full health Ameonna can take a special from Boss Domitia (just barely) which surprised me and cost me some health potions. Later, I got the satisfying experience of seeing Boss Domitia target ghost Ameonna with her special, which reminds me why I still keep her around. Domitia by herself isn’t too bad, so I took her down to claim the loot.

Both Domitia and Skittleskull got a talent on the previous stage, so emblems in storage. Also don’t have a good use for the trainer right now. Sonya #2 is too close to max, so I’d be wasting XP. Guess I’ll hold the trainer until I start on the costume for Sonya #2.

3 Likes

First time beating the 3rd stage of this trial. Forgot to take a pic before but I used this meager team:

Margaret and Danza dodged like 4 times lol (yay incoming marg buff! Was my first 5* hero and left her at 2.60 for almost a year :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).
Didn’t want to risk it towards the end and carpet bombed b/c my healer Sabina died.
Emblems saved, trainer to Kiril.

7 Likes

Wow awesome synergy between Puss and LotL! Do you think Puss and Freya would be good flanking a Telluria tank on defense or would it be better having GM and Clarissa?

2 Likes

Team:

• Cheshire Cat +19
  • Guardian Jackal +20
  • Sif +4
  • Sorcerer Vivica +6
  • Natalya +6

The last stage Natalya just burned the witch at the stake and Sif waited for AI’s stupidity to do them in. Scarlett felt like attacking the trio with Counter and Damage halving most of time for some reason. Otherwise not hard. Cat was mostly there just tagging along.

Emblems are going to Sif and Nat.

3 Likes

Team this time

Swapped out C. Li Xiu for Brynhilde this time, did ok but Might have been better with Li Xiu swapped in for Scarlett. Used what items I needed as usual but lost Scarlett and Jackal about midway through the boss stage.

Emblems saved for now, trainer to Vela who is now up to 4/70… so maybe I’ll get some use out of her before she’s nerfed.

4 Likes

Grave Claris imo, but minions can be annoying too.

2 Likes

Went with…
PiBs+0, Alice+12, cIsarnia+9, Locke+11, CCat+0

No sweat, no sweat at all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No… But I brought a different healer - PiBs

2 Likes