🔵 [Dec 09, 2020] Trials of Shadows – Guide, Sharing & Discussion!

It’s time for Trials of Shadows!

This is the Ninth of the Trials in the 20th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Shadows Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Shadows?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Shadows?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Shadows

• There are a number of healer options available for this trial (Sabina, Lady of the Lake, Puss in Boots, Brynhild, Costumed Vivica, Frosty & Costumed Hawkmoon). Did you bring any of them along?

• How did you deal with Boss Scarlett and Skittleskull’s attack debuffs? Some possible options include Antidotes, using Rogue Khiona to overwrite the debuffs, using Sorcerer Mitsuko for mana control, using Sorcerer Ameonna to shed to status effects on herself, using Rogues Inari or Margaret to dodge the specials, using Rogue Peters to silence, or using Rogue Costumed Tyrum to clear the ailments.

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Shadows occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Shadows Discussions
7 Likes

Time to update the list of potential healers by adding Frosty who is a Rogue

Edit : Costumed Kashhrek heals as well though it’s through a health boost

2 Likes

This time I am switching out Kelile for Vanda.

Total Team Power (with troops): 4,049
Vanda +19 / LotL (3/70) / Peters +19 / Brynhild +19 / Scarlett +19

Easy.

4 Likes

4 Heros again, no items this time
Ive only maxed C Kiril and slowly improving the troops

Not a flash start

Just held in there

Saving all loot

8 Likes

Had to use several mana potions and healings…

Marjana +20 / Domitia +1 / Brynhild / Peters +1 / Sabina +20

But not a terribly difficult trials. I might give Domitia some emblems, but I don’t have any sorcerers worthy of the name. (Krampus, that was a hint that I could really use a Christmas gift…) Glenda gets the trainer.

4 Likes

No items needed. Great synergy between Puss & LotL. Icy Isa did the weakening. Heavy team:

Trainer to Glenda.
Blems stocked up.

7 Likes

Completed with - costume Kiril, Domitia, Krampus (3/70) Guardian Jackal and costume Li Xiu.
Didn’t need any battle items
Krampus at 3/70 did really well in Tank role, it’s the first time I have used him

7 Likes

Team like last time, dark and fire, ladies only.
They rock! The board was okeyish, so no big problems, a lot of avoiding being hit on both sides. Trainer (blue) to Magni, emblems stored for Marjana+8 and in Stock for Sorcerer (592) with nowhere to go to until Quintus(1/1) gets a costume - poor guy is last in line, with Zulag, Hel, Khiora and Obakan to go first…

5 Likes

I remember trying to complete this with 3s in my team, using tons of materials…
Now is just easymode, had enough heroes to pick, but I decided to go with rainbow.

6 Likes

My team last time:

My team this time:

A bit hard for me. I had to use some time stops and mana potions and I was about to lose my whole team.

Trainer to Raffaele and emblems saved.

7 Likes

4x Heroes challenge… :muscle:

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Other Options
2020-12-09_19-28-40

Battle

Decent board and 50% mana charged at boss wave.

Double Kiril.C and Scarlett make all bosses attack like noodle, but need some items to finish.

Reward

Emblems both keep for now, Trainer goes to Frank.

7 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril +20
  • Skittleskull +18
  • Brynhild +19
  • Domitia +18
  • Marjana +3

Compared to last time, Marjana is up one talent. I really thought about going with a green-heavy lineup by subbing in Almur +19 and Kasshrek with costume bonus, but with everything that needs doing today, I decided to take the shortest route to success and just stick with my standard lineup.

No problems with the mob waves. Fired a few specials on wave 2 just because I knew I could recharge in time. Notably, I was able to preserve red, green, and purple diamonds and go into the boss wave with all specials charged. That gave me a significant leg up on finishing the trial quickly. Although I targeted Skittles with my snipers because she can’t dodge, Scarlett actually went down first thanks to tile damage from the diamond cascades. I was able to form more diamonds during the (very short) boss fight, and I used one bear banner to reverse attack down when it was clear that I was about to open up a can on the bosses with another diamond cascade. For the first time in recent memory, neither Scarlett nor Domitia evaded a single time. Classic case of basically everything going right.

Not enough rogue emblems for Marjana to get another talent. I’m out of impressive sorcerers after having finished Almur, so those emblems take Chochin up about three talents. He’s becoming a fixture on my three-star tournament teams with his mana control. Trainer hero goes to Isarnia.

5 Likes

This trial became from the worst to a decent one, due to costumed Kiril + Isarnia.

The bosses had an insane level of evades (8-10 evades). However, it was pretty easy.

Emblems & trainer on bench.

Cheers! :v:

5 Likes

Took this took danza out for bryhild was bit harder guess its off colour and a bit less damage. Hmm. Used some items bit of everything.

Emblems in storage trainer fenrir

6 Likes

Switched some heroes around and went with : c-kiril twice (+18 and 4/70), marjana +6, Scarlett +4 and skittleskull (4/70, but with costume bonus).

Used 2 banners to reverse attack down from enemy Scarlett/skittleskull. 2 kirils ensured deff down and plenty of health, easy!

Screenshot_20201209-174059

Trainer to nordri (or maybe elena if off-colour, as elena is 4/40ish, and nodri is 3/something, but only 4/8 special. I hate it when that happens.).

4 Likes

Always struggled in this one…currently maxed Brynchild and got Krampi. I let the screenshot speak for itself. :rofl:
Trainers stored…Emblems go to Krampus and Frigg when maxed.

6 Likes

Every time its sorcerers/rogues/wizards it’s envy time for me. I should not look at your teams, definitely not.

Almur +11 - Brynhild +5 - Skittleskull - Sabina +11 - Domitia +costume+10

I’ve decided to level Skittleskull before anything else just for the trials and it proved to be a wise decision. Benched c.Li Xiu for her and the trial went way easier (even though i had the best of boards. Green and purple tiles kept coming and coming and i was thanking and thanking rng). Put her near Brynhild for extra protection and managen increased. She works fine with Almur, her attack down has definitely been useful since this team is rather squishy and weak in defense, Sabina was there in case of emergency and Domitia finished off the bosses. I would have needed only some cleansing, since i decided not to use antidotes, but no big problem after all, it just meant a little longer battle.

Sorcerer emblems stacked for now, until i decide if further embleming Almur/Sabina o start giving a bit more sturdiness to Skittle. Rogue emblems will go to Brynhild.
Trainer went to Buddy.

4 Likes

My answers to the questions:

Healer was Sabina. She was my first 4* healer to be fully levelled and is recently fully emblemed too. She is my go to healer whenever she is eligible for a team.

The attack debuffs. Inari and her dodge was pretty helpful and Peter’s silence has been one of my favourite specials ever since I got him. He was actually only my second 4 star hero pulled (Kelile being the first) and has been one of my other go to heroes. I have a duplicate Peters to level up too as I find him that useful.

Did my team change? Yes! For the first time I was able to run a rainbow team for this one, though perhaps should not have done for the last level.

Since last time, I have been levelling Inari and also Alice (really hoping for a windfall of rogue emblems some time in the future, though suspect they will go to Alice over Inari). LOL and a little windfall appeared the very next day with a drop of 30 rogue emblems from Mystic Vision!

So my team this time was

Sabina +20
Kelile +7
Inari (was at around 4.50)
Alice (was at around 3.3)
Peters +9

I was really just testing out Alice and should have switched her out for the last level since she was getting hit hard. Unfortunately, my only other blue hero eligible for the trials is Frosty and I didn’t want to run the last level with two healers, especially a 3* ones.

Costumes wasn’t a factor in my team.

The changes made the first two levels easier, as I had a nice rainbow team, but the last one harder (see above re Alice).

Yes, I nuked the final bosses on the third level. With two team members who were unlevelled and the rest being four star heroes (albeit with some emblems) they were gettng rather battered and unfortunately the purple tiles were lacking and Sabina was taken out before she could even fire.

The sorcerer emblems will be held until I need them, probably for Almur. The rogue ones will be saved for Alice.

The trainer hero also went to Alice as I am eager to get her fully levelled (although she got put on hold for Frosty).

3 Likes

Hey, there’s no shame in that team. Brynhild and Almur are bosses. This looks like a solid squad to me. Lots of green tile damage, if you can time specials right. A costume Kiril swapped in for Sabina for regular defense down to stack with Almur’s elemental defense down would be ideal, but presumably, you don’t have him or don’t have him ready yet.

Unless you are doing a lot of pulls to get special heroes, I recommend taking all of these folks to at least +18, so it’s just a matter of how you prioritize the order. I like an attack path for Skittles, though. Her defense is probably hopeless anyway, and her class sort of argues for attack with the jinx talent. (EDIT: Oops. Strike that. Jinx is the wizard talent.) Do you have her costume? I find that Skittles provides pretty impressive tile damage in two classes - sorcerer and cleric (with costume) - that really need it. Attack down is just a bonus.

3 Likes