🔵 [Oct 16, 2019] Trials of Shadows Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Shadows!

This is the Ninth of the Trials in the 8th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 7.0 hours earlier at 12:00:00 AM (0:00 GMT)._

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Shadows

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Shadows?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Shadows?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Shadows

• Sabina and Lady of the Lake are the only true healers available for this Trial, since Rumpelstiltskin only heals by chance. Do you have Sabina or Lady of the Lake? Did you bring either along?

• How did you deal with Boss Scarlett and Skittleskull’s attack debuffs? Some possible options include Antidotes, using Rogue Khiona to overwrite the debuffs, using Sorcerer Mitsuko for mana control, using Sorcerer Ameonna to shed to status effects on herself, using Rogues Inari or Margaret to dodge the specials, or using Rogue Peters to silence.

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Shadows occurred:

5 Likes

Should be edited to include one of my new favorites who I wish was leveled for this trial; Lady of the Lake.

14 Likes

Updated, thanks! :heart_decoration:

8 Likes

same team i used before

G.Jackal +18, Khoina 3.70, Marjana +1, Ursena +9, Musashi+1

Khoina for elemental link and musashi for his healing skill when he hits combining it with Jackal keeps me a bit of the safe side
marjana and musashi has died while only domitia had less than 50% of her health so didnt bother to use healing potions

Sorcerer will go to ursena rouge still didnt decide
Trainer will just go :rofl::shushing_face:

Reset token confirmed

Note to self for the 99th time (LEVEL UP SABINA FOR THIS TRIAL)

20 Likes

The only trial, where I don’t have 5 maxed 4* or 5* :frowning: so the question is: Ursena 1/1 or Gill-Ra +4? Last time with Ursena I only beat the first 2 stages :thinking:

My team last time:

11 Likes

Inari - Mitsuko - Margaret - Jackal - Sabina

10 Likes

13 Likes

Previous team: sab, inari, jackal, scarlett, skittle
Current team: sab, ameonna, inari, jackal, danza

Made the substitutions for a nice 3:2 tile damage setup. I’m not sure it was better in practice. I usually think this is one of the easiest trials but it was a bit annoying today. But on the final trial Freeze-aburo froze 3 times, and bottled 3 times (which is a lot of special casts) and the AI rogues have 100% dodge for the other stuff so… maybe skittles does have her place?

I’ll keep it for next time anyway :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Just added LotL into this trial and I am not sure if I shouldn’t give tonics to her before Kingston. I think she is the best mana control hero.

See screen shot, she attacked bosses, both skittles and quintus charged to full mana, then the 9 minions killed off skittles and dropped quintus mana down to 50%!!!

13 Likes

Lakey is the boss killer queen…
Trainer to Isarnia.
Emblems stocked.

Boss Clip

11 Likes

Same team
Last time Majana was +6

Same as last time had to bomb them to bits urgh

Got another reset token though, thats 2 from the trials

8 Likes

Kelile; Skittleskull (3/60); Marjana +8; Scarlett; Sabina +20

This went pretty easily. On the third tier, I needed to drop a couple of bombs to speed it up (the bosses had killed Skittles and Scarlett…).

Finley is getting the blue feeder (this one has a weird color – there aren’t a lot of Sorcerors/Rogues in Blue…). Marjana the rogue emblems, waiting on a second useful sorceror for those emblems.

9 Likes

Okay, went with Gill-Ra. Of course she couldn’t take a special hit from Domitia, even with attack down from Scarlett, but up to this she was really helpful.

So my lineup was Skittles 3/60, Scarlett +4, Sabina +10, Kelile 3/60 and Gill-Ra +4.

Lost with Skittles dead and Dom and Scarlett had less than 700 HP (and I had no good combo on their side, Dom was ready to fire), so I paid the continue - *** second one today. I think I could have done it without continue with better items. Next time. Okay, maybe next time I have a better team, but that was something I already said last time^^

Trainer goes to Richard, emblems will be stocked, because I’m still out of iron and food. And I don’t know if I will emblem up Scarlett and Sabina further, I think, Scarlett and Gill-Ra can go to 7 and the rest is for the heroes to be maxed :smiley:

Ahhhh forgot about the reset: I think one will be used for my Cyp +11, when my 5* team for defense is ready. I’ll give him back emblems to +4, but I need the paladin emblems for other heroes, Falcon is only +1 atm.

8 Likes

Using Mitsuko, Sabina, Musashi, Scarlett and Jackal made this a pretty fast and easy Trials.

Used a few items to soften up mobs a bit when I had diamonds on the board and wanted to keep them for the bosses.

Miki are the trainer before o was even done!! What if I had lost? Huh? You gonna pull an extra trainer out of your overstuffed parka??

When did reset buttons become part of the trials? Not that I’m complaining…

11 Likes

Got my sabina up to +20 to lower her mana costs. That helped a bit with healing and I only needed some bear banners.

Since I don’t use Marjana often I’m thinking about giving the new emblems to Scarlett. Don’t have a candidate for Sorcerer embs though.
Got a Quintus at 3/70 and have enough tabards for 2 ascensions and no competition for it, so that would be an option. Or I’ll give them to Jahangir.

11 Likes

Didn’t use any items (I started the level with 9 mana potions and 4 dragon attacks).
The rogue emblems will go to Domitia, not sure about the sorcerer ones. I’m saving the trainer hero for Magni as I need 1 more telescope to ascend him.

9 Likes

Last time team : Scarlett 4/70, G.Jackal +6, CC +4, Sabina +10, Skittles skulls 3/60

Made some changes this time
Substituted C.Cat and Skittles for Danzaburo 3/60 and Marjana 3/70.

The idea of using Danza was to stack yellow against Domitia, but then Danza froze about 5 times vs just 1 sword in the boss wave.

Items used : 3 arrows, 3 dragon attacks, 10 healing potions and 4 minor antidotes

Trainer hero goes to Magni, all emblems and reset banked.

9 Likes

This is the first time I’ve gotten one from a trial (it’s only the third or fourth trial I’ve completed). Do these show up like the troop token in recruits II? (i.e. random but everyone gets them if one person gets them?)

3 Likes

Seems like, I got one, too. For their rarity that would be a bit much of coincidence, I think everyone gets one today…

3 Likes