🔵 [Aug 26, 2020] Trials of Shadows Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Shadows!

This is the Ninth of the Trials in the 17th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Shadows

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Shadows?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Shadows?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Shadows

• There are a number of healer options available for this trial (Sabina, Lady of the Lake, Puss in Boots, Brynhild Costumed Vivica & Costumed Hawkmoon). Did you bring any of them along?

• How did you deal with Boss Scarlett and Skittleskull’s attack debuffs? Some possible options include Antidotes, using Rogue Khiona to overwrite the debuffs, using Sorcerer Mitsuko for mana control, using Sorcerer Ameonna to shed to status effects on herself, using Rogues Inari or Margaret to dodge the specials, using Rogue Peters to silence, or using Rogue Costumed Tyrum to clear the ailments.

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Shadows occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Shadows Discussions

This was the team I used last time so I will do it again:

I remember it worked very well.

3 Likes

Team red&purple. Domitia, Kelile, Sabina, Marjana, Scarlett - all mildly emblemed. Due to a good board the ladies gave them hell from the beginning. Didn’t use ay items, though fully loaded with Dragonstorm, Arrows, Axes and Firestorm.
Emblems for Skittle and Scarlett, Trainer (blue, why blue?) To Raffaele

3 Likes

Taking the vanilla hero challenge. Was very sad to bench my two Jackals!!

This was my team:

A little concerned as I felt I didn’t have a color stack punch and a little light on hitters. Debated between Kelile+1 and Sabina, before going with Sab.

Mobs were easy. Boss stage was long. Played it safe and used antidotes, minor mana and arrows to keep heroes alive. Boards did not help, but ground through without losing any heroes.

Emblems banked. Trainer to Isarnia. No reset token

4 Likes

No items
No problems
No reset
Just fun
Strong team
Short clip

6 Likes

Same team a little different
Last time Ursena was +14
Ice Witch was +7
Sabina was +7 taken for Ursena

Nice set up

Picked dodge queen first

Followed by the other dodge queen, and should of kept the emblems on Sabina, she may of made it

Got there in the end though, no items used

Maybe emblems back on Sabina :joy:
Trainer saved

5 Likes

Brought in Inari for G.Jackal, with the view to use her team- wide dodge, that turned out to be a good decision

As a result, the battle depended on tile damage, the board was indeed great.

MVP. → Inari, her timed dodges saved the entire team., practically dodged everything including ailments and dispels!
This would probably be the first time I will be completing this trial without the use of items.

Rogue emblems more to Marjana, Sorcerer saved, trainer would go to Alasie.

6 Likes

My team:

Finished final stage, but used 3 time stops to do it (so it wasn’t cheap). May have pulled the trigger on them too early, but I play pretty conservatively in terms of keeping heros alive.

Gil-ra plus CHawk makes Scarlett and Kelile punch pretty good, considering I have no 5* on my team. Got lucky and didn’t get Evaded too many times.

6 Likes

Took this swaped ghosty out for Scarlett for colour vierity used all mana n health one axe one dragon bomb.

Emblems in storage trainer to miki

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril +20
  • Skittleskull +18
  • Brynhild 4^70
  • Domitia +18
  • Marjana 4^80

Skittleskull is up four talents over last time. Otherwise, same squad.

No real trouble with the mob waves; just making sure everyone was charged going into the bosses, which they were. As usual, tried to eliminate Boss Skittleskull first, since she doesn’t dodge. That worked out well, since she’s also got low defense. No real issues throughout. Used antidotes for attack down, even though I could have done without them. Boss Scarlett went down next, and Domitia last. No real reasons for concern, although Marjana was in red health one time.

Rogue emblems step up Scarlett another talent. Using her for green titans, but thinking about a reset to buff Bryhild into a tank instead. Going to wait and see if they nerf my Vela flank again. Some of us don’t have the luxury of pairing her with Telly and just want her left alone! No place for sorcerer emblems at present, although I’m leveling Quintus and plan to max him unless the October HotM drops for me. Trainer hero goes to Magni for the third straight iteration of this trial.

4 Likes
  • There are a number of healer options available for this trial (Sabina, Lady of the Lake, Puss in Boots, Brynhild Costumed Vivica & Costumed Hawkmoon). Did you bring any of them along?

I brought Hawkmoon along. I have limited good heroes in these categories, and she’s one of my best.

• How did you deal with Boss Scarlett and Skittleskull’s attack debuffs? Some possible options include Antidotes, using Rogue Khiona to overwrite the debuffs, using Sorcerer Mitsuko for mana control, using Sorcerer Ameonna to shed to status effects on herself, using Rogues Inari or Margaret to dodge the specials, using Rogue Peters to silence, or using Rogue Costumed Tyrum to clear the ailments.

I have Tyrum to help wipe my debuffs so it wasn’t a concern.

• Did your team change notably since last time?
    Last time I just started TC12…I’m now at TC16 so I have had time to get a lot of new to me heroes.

• Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
    I have the same costumes as last time so nothing changed on this matter.

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

I had 5 heroes instead of 3. That helped a lot.

• What items did you use, if any?
    Healing potions, ultimate manna, revive scrolls, antidotes (This was all for stage 2.)

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
    I don’t know yet. I’m going to wait until I have a need to use emblems and assess then.

3 Likes

The alternatives I used here were just overwriting with CHawk and bringing Bear banners. If CHawk wasn’t charged (and I didn’t need healing anyway), I just used a banner to overwrite the debuff with a buff. Antidotes are cheap enough, but Bear banners aren’t much more and they not only remove the debuff but also provide a buff instead. I use this same strat on green titans that debuff attack instead of antidotes.

2 Likes

Team last time/ Team this time

Swapped out Jackal and Sabina for cKiril and cKash. Overheal is so useful for punching above my weight, both Gulli and cKash have shown their worth since ascending them. Kiril tried to hang on but got smushed before the end of the fight. Used an arrow, a meteor and an antidote, but over all satisfied with the results this time.

Emblems saved for now, trainer to cLianna.

4 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

No change, Scarlett now +18 which is the optimal emblem plan as my titan team highest att.

Other Option
2020-08-26_22-32-08

Battle

Decent start board on boss.

Used 2x heal and 1x bomb.

Reward

Emblems soccerer keep inventory, Ursena need many emblem, Rogue goes to Brynhild (my plan is give to 2x Brynhild each +7).
Trainer goes to Rafaelle.

7 Likes

Completed with costume kiril, sabina, marjana (4/40), danza and jackal (+18). Used a few antidotes to clear the attack-debuffs.

3 Likes

As mentioned earlier I used the same team.
I used 2 minor antidotes, just because with my heroes not being very strong hitters, it already takes long enough having to rely just on tiles so have that decreased attack makes it more annoying.

But, no loss of life woohoo

1 Like

Same team. Also my Viv got to +20 today, so I finally can enjoy her average speed awesomness. :blush:

Sif is awesome. She makes everything much easier. Also she got an animation recently. Nice.
Emblems will go to Ursena once I get the tabards and Sif of course. Trainer crygenically frozen until needed.

2 Likes

Chochin, Carver, Dawa, all of them at 3.50. Sabina and Danzaburo at 4.70+9 were my team heroes. I only did 2 stages because the 3* were destroyed by Quintus and ■■■■-tleskull in the 2nd round so I didn´t bothered to give a try vs the tough mobs of the final stage. emblems stored for now.

Carver is one of the worst heroes speaking of offense, his damage is pathetic. quite different when defending.

1 Like

3 Likes