🔵 [Sep 11, 2019] Trials of Shadows Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Shadows!

This is the Ninth of the Trials in the 7th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 1.5 hours earlier at 5:30:00 AM (5:30 GMT)._

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Shadows

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Shadows?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Shadows?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @CrimsonKing for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Shadows

• Sabina is the only true healer available for this Trial, since Rumpelstiltskin only heals by chance. Do you have Sabina? Did you bring her along?

• How did you deal with Boss Scarlett and Skittleskull’s attack debuffs? Some possible options include Antidotes, using Rogue Khiona to overwrite the debuffs, using Sorcerer Mitsuko for mana control, using Sorcerer Ameonna to shed to status effects on herself, using Rogues Inari or Margaret to dodge the specials, or using Rogue Peters to silence.

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Shadows occurred:

1 Like

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

For the third time in a row, it was exactly this:

Shiny New Emblems

Sabina and Jackal each stepped up once, to +17 and +10.

Second Helpings

Magni ate the Trainer Hero last time, and got the one this time too. Thankfully he’s finally almost maxed.

6 Likes

Team last time:

Team this time. Got Cat to final ascension due to using it all the time on yellow Titans, and my Scarlett was ready to rock and roll:

Had to blow all my healing potions, and it was kinda close near the end, but I was able to power through Skittleskull’s attack debuff. Cat was useful in clumping together mobs along with the poison cabbage damage, and Scarlett’s attack debuff saved a few close shaves.

Sadly nobody had enough emblems to get to the next tier, but they’re all super close. Trainer probably going to Queen of Hearts.

5 Likes

Put in Skittle again to replace my 3/70 Quintus. I think it was a little easier, but not too much of a difference. Still needed the usual antidotes & banners.
Don’t have enough emblems for anything and I don’t need the trainer either, so I’m saving it for later.

7 Likes

My team

I used the same team as last time - they were all just a little bit stronger. Early stages uneventful. Sabina on hand to heal and Scarlett, Kellie & Jackal taking turns to snipe - awesome.

Inari (still not maxed as Poseidon pushed in front) helped dodge direct hits. Although Scarlett & Jackal also used their individual powers to dodge danger. Before I knew it, scarlet was the last (wo)man standing.

And then…

Emblems and trainer into inventory. Not sure who deserves either, although my base has a genuine food shortage, so I will have plenty of time to think about it.

6 Likes

Last time:

This time:

I think it’s obvious that I’m lacking the heroes for this trial, so I only made 2 stages. I always try the second stage without items to see if I should go further. I managed it with losses, so, no chance for the third stage…not my trial.

Oh, I have a 1/1 Quintus sitting on the bench since…some trials…I think he won’t make a difference…

Question aside, why are my pics so big :thinking:
Edit: thank you very much for your help on this, @zephyr1!

6 Likes

Phone/tablet screenshots can be very large resolution because of the screen density.

You can adjust the sizing of the images in your post quite easily, though, by using the Preview option and selecting a percentage size, or typing the percentage into the image markdown yourself.

Here’s an example of the code for that (notice the 50%):

![20190911_100305|602x500,50%](upload://oH7qlOFvKwF5U4EW1qYAbPSOu2.jpeg)

Which yields a smaller version:

5 Likes

Same team
Last time Majana had +4
Last time i didnt use items because of an awesome board.
This time i had to bomb them to bits

6 Likes

Major team difference this time: Guardian Jackal in for Dawa, and that meant all stages cleared without massive nuking.

5 Likes

My team last time.

My team this time. I replaced Jackal with Marjana, primarily for her survivability. I am not fond of running two colors here, though.

• On the bench: Tony Danza, Jackals #1 and #2, Nat 3.70, Ameonna
  • Up and coming: Musashi 3.64

Got to the bosses without issue, with everyone ready. I had to drop a bunch of off-color tiles on these guys, which meant a lot of specials going off on me. Red tiles and Marjana’s burn took care of Skittles. Dom took her shot at Marjana, but could not take her down.

I burned some mana and health pots getting through their specials, and some bear banners to flip the debuff.

In the end, Dom stands alone.

Trainer to Magni, emblems to Mitsuko and the Scarlett and Jackal Emblem Fund.

6 Likes

My Team Last Time

My team This Time

Scarlett is now maxed, purple troops leveled a bit, Sabina will be next ascend, but too many purple project.

The Battle

At boss stage, fresh great start, all mana recharged ready to fire, great healthy heroes. Not use any of items yet. :grinning:

Just like before, focus from left to right opponent, and its done well.
Bear banner so worthy, no need antidote.

:tada: Emblem Rogue keep for Jackal, and Soccere maybe Sabina, I will keep.
Trainer will keep for now, later for Magni/Miki.

OK now let start the new avalon event challange! :wink:

7 Likes

July 3 Trial of Shadows: crushed it
August 7 Trial of Shadows: got crushed
September 11 Trial of Shadows: crushed it

Only difference in my team is my Jackal is +19 now. I had the board lined up REAL nice…team fully charged, a yellow diamond and a purple diamond but then one bad tile and this happened:

Which left me with the WORST board possible lol. I was thinking this was going to end up like the doomed August 7 Trial of Shadows but it actually went too smooth:

Not sure if my emblems will go to Scarlett or Marjana. Trainer hero goes to Kiril #2.

6 Likes

Gil-Ra - Mitsuko - Margaret - Jackal - Sabina

4 Likes

Thoth in for Jackal.
Piece of cake. Had a great board and 2 diamonds starting boss wave
Used a few antidotes.
Emblems waiting for Alice and Thoth
Trainer for Alice

6 Likes

Done. Team:

Danza - 3/60
Scarlett - 3/60
Kelile - 3/60
Marjana - talent + 5
Sabina - 3/60

4 Likes

I defeated Skittles first, then Domitia and Scarlett dodged almost every special I threw at them so it turned into a longer battle. Once I got Scarlett defeated I was able to focus on Domitia and just bombard her with tile damage.

4 Likes

Fast nuke today, since there is Avalon and a war.

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Domitia 4^50
  • Sabina +19
  • Danzaburo +18
  • Skittleskull 4^70
  • Kelile 4^70

Compared to last time, Sabina and Danzaburo are up 3 talents each, and Domitia claimed the tabards for final ascension, going from 3^35 last time to 4^50 this time. Last time, Domitia felt pretty frail, but this time, she held up much better. Feeling pretty OK about my decision to ascend her, especially considering my only other purple legendary is… another Domitia!

Mob waves were nothing to write home about. I was able to charge specials pretty quickly, and with Skittleskull’s attack down debuff, nobody was in much danger. Entered the boss wave with everyone but Skittleskull charged, and she was close. As usual, I focused on Boss Skittleskull, since she doesn’t have the evade talent to dodge my snipers. After a few tile matches, I decided to launch a dragon to speed up the process with DoT. Also used a bomb when my Skittleskull’s attack down debuff expired.

The attack down debuff from the bosses is really annoying. I should probably think about bringing some antidotes to this fight, since I don’t foresee needing to carpet bomb this trial ever again. I finally brought down Boss Skittleskull, but not before Boss Domitia killed my Domitia with her special. (Domitia-on-Domitia violence! No!) By that time, the dragon had burned through, so I launched another. Could have finished the fight much sooner if not for that stupid evade talent. Danza bowed out just before I brought down Scarlett, but he threw two swords, one bottle, and only one snowflake, so he did his job admirably, and the fight was almost over by then anyway. Boss Domitia tried to evade her was out of defeat, but eventually, I brought her down with a combination of tile damage and DoT.

Not enough emblems for Sabina or Danza to progress. It will be interesting to see if Danza reaches +20 before I reset him to give emblems to Domitia. Sorry, little guy; you had a good run. Trainer hero goes to Thorne, who may be able to claim the scopes before the Trials of Justice this weekend.

6 Likes

Didn’t go there because of the event. What a shame on me. Kkkkk go well already finished 1st staged trials

2 Likes

Cookie Settings