:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 764 651 1147
4/80 886 754 1330
Origin Family
Fables of Grimforest Grimforest
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Witch Slayer
  • Deals 175% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
  • Automatically does 147 damage to the target when their mana is full and reduces their mana to 50% for 3 turns.
  • The caster gets +74% defense against Special Skills for 3 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

Note: an updated all-in-one graphic will be uploaded when available

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

August 2020

Go to this thread for more info about emblem & troop effects

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Epic Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 25.1% chance of summoning Gretel.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 50 times out of 100, you’ll get Gretel by pull 24 (6,400 gems)
  • 94 times out of 100, you’ll get Gretel by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Gretel by pull 160 (41,600 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 50 out of every 100 people won’t get Gretel by the 24th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :two::four: times, 500,000 of those players wouldn’t get Gretel

• 6 out of every 100 people won’t get Gretel by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :one::zero::zero: times, 60,000 of those players wouldn’t get Gretel

• 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Gretel by the 160th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :one::six::zero: times, 10,000 of those players wouldn’t get Gretel

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

Other Fables Heroes:

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Gretel (post release)

:question: Is Gretel worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Gretel would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • 5 or more

0 voters

:question: What do you think Gretel’s Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer (Sniper)
  • Support Damage Dealer
  • Mana Controller

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Gretel compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Gretel’s Special Skill match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Gretel worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Gretel is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Gretel will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Yeah, sorry, I hit save accidentally while editing.

1 Like

gretel is barbarian?

1 Like

Yup :stuck_out_tongue:

@zephyr1 small error in the OP table here (has the ranger emblem symbol)

I’ll fix that, but it’s from Jeeves, so I’ll let Lumi know.

1 Like

I just got her. Compared her to Mist. When I finished the comparison I left her crying in a corner.

It all depends on your roster, but if you compare her to other 4’s she is great. Better mana control then Chao, Li Xiu, or Little John IMO. Aside from Guardian Jackal I believe she has the highest attack value of any yellow 4* too. Her and Jackal are the saving grace in the 4* yellow class. Her barbarian class gives her wound damage as well when emblemed.

While Hansel is better I still bring Gretel with me on S3 hard and in raids against 5*’s if the color combos make sense. She probably wouldn’t compete in past low diamond though.

1 Like

I have been playing with her a while now. She is still my best version of mana control. I just wanted add that you can really increase damage caused with the enemy full mana portion of her special, which works out great.

How I normally have her set up at +18 full attack with an attack troop her damage caused when the enemies mana gets full is 202 IIRC. I will try and remember to screen shot. Her snipe isn’t great, but when you factor in getting 1-3 additional damage bonus from dumping into the enemy while her special is active at 200 per pop she can be brutal. This is on top of whatever barbarian damage she may manage from bleeding.

I get she is weak for diamond raids, but lower raids, wars, events, quests she has been amazing. :+1: Especially in circumstances that allow mana pots, even titans given her high A value.

Zero regrets brining her up, especially for those without Hansel or Proteus. If all you have are vanilla mono controllers she will be a game changer for you. :+1:. Although c-Chao may compete, he is still new and I suspect not as effective.

Good luck out there!

:beers:

5 Likes

Nice feedback, thanks. I’ve got so happy when she came, same for Pixie. I plan putting some emblem on Gretel soon since she’s too fragile. I like her.

1 Like

My Gretel is at +11. From mana controlling point of view she is good but not great like Mist, especially Mist can reduces mana grain on 3 opponents at the same time, fast mana speed also let her has more chance to fire special.

But Gretel is still a good mana controller and worth to emblem her to mid or even max level, although I’m rarely use her after my Mist is maxed and emblemed…

1 Like

It took a couple tries, but I got a screen shot. Here is her card at +18 full attack:

Here is her full mana damage to an enemy with her special in effect:

204 is a healthy additional hit, so when the tiles align to set that damage off 2-3 times that is over 400 HP off the enemy :+1:

Agreed, Mist may be better @MmmHhh . She falls into the same boat as Proteus and Hansel though, they’re tough to get. As a F2P my summon opportunities are low so I am thankful to have any of the special mana controllers. Gretel gets dumped on a lot here because Hansel is fast, but if she is what you got she is an upgrade to vanilla mana control by a lot!

EDIT:
Troops make a difference in damage too. That 204 was done with a level 11 mana troop as well. :+1:

7 Likes

Hey all!

A question popped up in my mind with her I was hoping for feedback on. Currently mine is +18 attack path. When I got her a couple years ago my yellow roster was probably my worst color. I needed her for damage in that group, hence the attack add.

A lot has changed in my roster over a couple years (2020 may as well be called Year of the Yellow for my roster). I really use her exclusively for mana control and any damage is secondary. She is still my best mana controller but I am considering resetting and embleming her to HP/D instead of A since I want her to live more than hurt things now. What I am trying to weigh in my mind is:

1 - Her base A stat is still over 700, so her tile damage is above average. Special damage will be worse, but it has always stunk. That’s not why she is used.

2 - Her base HP and D start so low I am wondering if going that path adds enough to make it worth it. If I go full attack path on Boril his A value is still garbage for example. It makes sense then to accentuate his strength. If I am looking at high platinum/low diamond raids, S3 hard stages, and 8-9* titans does her D and HP boost make her survive more or is accentuating her attack value from high to really high more valuable?

Any have experience with her maxed emblems in both paths by chance to see a first hand difference?

I emblemed her mainly on defence path, she is mana controller so higher defence power and hp is more important, current attack power is 739 which is not too bad but I agreed that a bit higher attack power is better.

2 Likes

Here she is +20 HP/D and LB:

Big stat bonuses so I intend to play her in diamond raids again and see if she can hang :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

I have just gotten her, she deals damage to three, but reduces the mana and deal additional damage only to a single target?

That’s correct. The damage near the target is also ‘minor’, which means 50% less than the targeted enemy. All of this combined with average mana speed makes her subpar compared to Hansel. However, my Gretel has +15 emblems (def/hp) and I find her very useful in a yellow stack against titans/bosses.

2 Likes

Thank you, she is not a great hero though, perhaps I just feed her up to better heroes.

I’ve wanted her forever and got her yesterday. She is my yellow for levelling currently and I also have over 1400 barbarian emblems with nowhere to go so will be an easy +20.

I see a lot of use for her in tournaments, and any time you can play with an opponents mana is great. I will probably also use her a lot in VF wars.

6 Likes

I also just got her recently, and even though I have C-Chao and Mist already, I am eager to level her up.

my 4* Yellow bench isn’t particularly great anyway… so she will have a place.

Actually, with C-Chao and Mist and even Li Xiu, they could just whittle away at the opponent while denying them from firing… :slight_smile:

2 Likes