:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 785 763 1458
4/90 899 873 1668
Origin Family
Fables of Grimforest Grimforest
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Forest Friends
  • Deals 181% damage to all enemies.
  • Summons a Fox Minion for each ally with 20% HP. The minion recovers 7% health for its owner at the start of each turn. The Minion prevents its owner from losing mana to effects that drain mana.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Sep 2022

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2% chance of summoning Red Hood.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 18 times out of 100, you’ll get Red Hood by pull 100
  • 63 times out of 100, you’ll get Red Hood by pull 500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Red Hood by pull 1500
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Red Hood by pull 2300

Putting that in Perspective

• 82 out of every 100 people won’t get Red Hood by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :one::zero::zero: times, 820,000 of those players wouldn’t get Red Hood

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Red Hood by the 1500th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :one::five::zero::zero: times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Red Hood

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

Other Fables Heroes:

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Red Hood (post release)

:question: Is Red Hood worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Red Hood would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Red Hood’s Primary Purpose is?

• Meat Shield Maker
  • Healer (via minions)
  • Damage Dealer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Red Hood compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Red Hood’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Red Hood worth giving Ranger Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Red Hood is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Red Hood is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

I wasn’t trying for her, but she is a welcome addition to my team. She will have to wait a little while for ascension because Gravemaker (most recent Atlantis) is getting my current rings. Good problems to have. :grin:

1 Like

After 10 months of using her, I can say she’s my ride or die. There’s just something really special about Red Hood that I can’t put my finger on. She does so many little things well… the mana protection portion of the foxes being the cherry on top.

2 Likes

Her card is probably my favorite image in the game. Don’t have her though. LOL.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Is she worth leveling? I only have a maxed Azlar…
I have 10 rings. Should I wait for a better red hero?

I have her and maxed her :slight_smile:

She’s a pretty good hero to have for raids, tournaments and wars. She offers both an instant pseudo-heal (via the meat shield from minions) as well as an ongoing heal each turn from the minions themselves.

The minions are also great cause, in addition to healing & being a meat shield, they block incoming mana cuts (such as Guinevere, Neith and Lady of the Lake Minions).

Ultimately if I were you, I would level her up seeing as you almost have enough rings to max another 5* red when/if it comes along. Thats the key tho… IF another comes along… There is an old adage which goes “Better the Bird in the bag than two in the bush”; essentially saying what you have is better than what you don’t have.

9 Likes

Also @zephyr1, the card in the OP doesn’t have the extra information about Red Hoods Fox Minions blocking direct mana reduction.

1 Like

@Guvnor Indeed, Lumi just gave me an updated version.

1 Like

Yes I find too that the card art is really amazing! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I pulled her and Bosswolf in 2018 and I can say that I still use her every single day. I have quite the stable of heroes, and she is easily in my top 5. (Inari, Lady Locke, Seshat, Hatter being the other 4 in no particular order)

So if you’re new to this, she’s new to you or are on the fence?
She’s worth it.

4 Likes

Since we run red tanks she’s heavily emblemed (I think it’s clear where that d is going, minions to protect the deadly wings, 2nd tank telluria to punish too optimistic cleanups) was hoping for Puss, but no luck. I’m still happy with her since she’s been my first real 5star I got in late 2018 (the unreal one was obakan :joy:) That’s my autofarming team too for season2 and 3. Her stats are pretty low for an emblemed event 5star though, she would need a buff for defense and health imo.

Btw I’m happy that finally someone is talking about her :smile:

7 Likes

Just maxed my Red Hood. Please tell me in which situation she shines best?

As a support hero in offence :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t advise using in titans as the minions just slow the clock down.

On defence she could be OK but haven’t seen her around as most people opt for a more instant direct healer.

Offence tho she can be really handy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Second what guvnor said, she is good as support hero on offense.
I use her as red stacking to takedown telly vela team

But on defense she is pretty bad and tend to be ignored as she is not a threat at all.

Here’s red hood +13 emblems on defense as a tank

3 Likes

I think the power creep has hit her hard.
She needs some slight buff to make her on par with the Meta.
Btw good job with your telly fights.

I really want to like Red Hood but I feel like she just fails in comparison to too many other heroes. Her special does not seem strong enough for an average hero and the minions are not bulky enough to stay alive long enough to do any decent healing. The attack at 131 is pathetically weak. I don’t see how Red Hood is not a fast mana hero, especially compared to the abilities of current fast mana heroes. At average speed, she just seems meh

6 Likes

Thank guys!
I agree there are other better red heroes. However, as a very C2P we play with what we got, so I decided to max her.

1 Like

Oh, I don’t know… Here’s my issue:

1: my reds are all pretty passive. Ares, QoH maxed, Red, Grazul, Anzogh at 3/70. (Azlar, Khagan I don’t care, I’m not touching, you can’t convince me!)
Red team hasn’t changed for months, no fast attacker has appeared.

2: I have 10 rings burning a hole in my pocket.

3: I would so love to build my Grimforest dream team for fun.

What to do? Wait for that elusive aggressive red some more?

I think I’ve already decided to go for Red over Grazul, I just like her, though technically Grazul is probably a better heroine.

I too like her artwork :grin:

Edit… This has nothing to do with defense! trying to build a better red offense team.

1 Like