📘 [Apr 2021] Fables of Grimforest Challenge Event – Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results

The Fables of Grimforest Challenge Event!!

NOTE: This thread is being posted 1 WEEK before the start of the event to facilitate early discussions. Table below has full dates & times

Start Time End Time Duration
2021-04-15T07:00:00Z 2021-04-19T07:00:00Z 4.0 days
Reflected Color
:fire: Fire/ Red

:world_map: @Mariamne & @cap’s Original Stage Guide

Rewards Summary

Credit: @Mariamne
Source: 🌟 Memento Challenge Events - #2 by Mariamne

Click for Rewards Summary by Mariamne

NOTE: Completion Rewards will be given even if the final stage is completed after the event ended, as long as it’s started before the event ends.

:world_map: Alternative Guides

Transcript Guide to “Copy Paste” into In-Game Chat

Credit: @FighterJack
Source: 📘 [May 2020] Fables of Grimforest Challenge Event – Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results - #20 by FighterJack

Expand to copy into game chat

Fables of Grimforest
Reflected: :elementfire:
[#a569bd]BW = Boss Wolf
[#ff2508]PiB = Puss in Boots
[#ff2508]RH = Red Hood
[#4396ff]R = Rumpelstiltskin
[#4396ff]SW = Snow White
[#f4d03f]G = Gretel
[#10ff18]H = Hansel
[#f4d03f]P = Pixie

Format:
Element(s) for waves 1 & 2 / Boss stage in order
1: :elementfire::elementice: / :elementice: [#f4d03f]P :elementice:
[#ffffff]2: :elementfire::elementnature: / :elementfire: [#f4d03f]G :elementfire:
[#ffffff]3: :elementfire::elementnature: / :elementnature: [#10ff18]H :elementnature:
[#ffffff]4: :elementfire::elementdark: / :elementfire: [#a569bd]BW :elementfire:
[#ffffff]5: :elementfire::elementdark: / :elementdark: [#4396ff]R :elementdark:

6: :elementfire::elementice: / :elementfire: [#4396ff]SW :elementfire:
[#ffffff]7: :elementfire::elementice: / :elementice: [#ff2508]PiB :elementice:
[#ffffff]8: :elementfire::elementdark: / :elementfire: [#ff2508]RH :elementfire:
[#ffffff]9: :elementfire::elementnature: / [#f4d03f]G P [#10ff18]H
[#ffffff]10: :elementfire::elementdark: / [#ff2508]PiB [#10ff18]H

11: :elementfire::elementnature: / [#f4d03f]G [#4396ff]SW
[#ffffff]12: :elementfire: / [#a569bd]BW [#4396ff]R
[#ffffff]13: :elementice::elementnature: / [#f4d03f]P [#ff2508]RH [#10ff18]H
[#ffffff]14: :elementfire: / [#f4d03f]G [#4396ff]SW R
[#ffffff]15: :elementice::elementdark: / [#ff2508]PiB RH [#a569bd]BW

Overall Event Summary by @VeryQuietly

Credit: @VeryQuietly
Source: Quick Reference Sheet and Graphics for Events, HOTM, hero types, summon portals, cost comparison

Click for Summary of All Events

Guide by @Zartanis

Credit: @Zartanis
Source: {Master - Zartanis' Guides} Building, Crafting, Event, Talent Grid Guides, etc

Click for Quick Guide

Click for Full Guide inc. Boss/ Mob HP's

Guide by @ColdHands

Credit: @ColdHands
Source: Challenge Events by CH

Click for guide (inc. Boss HP)

:gem: Summons Costs

Like all other Event Summon Portals, the Portal Cost is per below:

Single Summon

• 10 Challenge Coins
    OR
  • 300 Gems

10x Summon

• 2600 Gems

:game_die: Summoning Appearance Rates

Please note that Challenge Event Heroes are amongst the lowest odds of any Hero in the game. Even with a large number of Summons, you are very likely not to get Challenge Event Heroes, particularly 5*.

I highly recommend setting and sticking to a budget for Summoning to avoid overspending and frustration.

APPEARANCE RATES
Rare Classic Hero: 63.1%
Epic Classic Hero: 20.8%
Legendary Classic Hero: 1.5%

Rare Event Hero: 7.9%
Epic Event Hero: 5.7%
Legendary Event Hero 1.0%

BONUS DRAW
Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

:money_with_wings: Analysis of Summon Appearance Rates

This table shows the cumulative probability of different Summon events, based on a total number of Summons (1x, 10x, 30x, 100x, 500x, 1500x). Based on 10,000 gems costing 99.99 USD, I have also added an approximate $ cost too.

Please note that NO occurrence is ever actually 100%; the 100% entries in the table below indicate cumulative probabilities sufficiently close to 100% that they are expressed as such for simplicity. All other numbers are rounded to the nearest 0.1%.

|Occurence|1x
US$3.00|10x
US$26.00|30x
US$77.99|100x
US$259.97|500x
US$1,299.87|1500x
US$3,899.61|
|-|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:expressionless:
| Get at Least 1 Fables Hero (3*-5*) | 14.6% | 79.4% | 99.1% | 100% | 100% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 of Any 5* Fables Hero | 1.0% | 9.6% | 26.0% | 63.4% | 99.3% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 Particular 5* Fables Hero | 0.2% | 2.0% | 5.8% | 18.1% | 63.2% | 95.0% |
| Get at Least 1 of Any 4* Fables Hero | 5.7% | 44.4% | 82.8% | 99.7% | 100% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 Particular 4* Fables Hero | 2.85% | 25.1% | 58.0% | 94.5% | 100% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 3* Fables Hero | 7.9% | 56.1% | 91.5% | 99.9% | 100% | 100% |

Putting That In Perspective

• If 1 million players each spent US$26.00 to do 10 Summons, 206,000 of those players would NOT get ANY Fables Heroes

• If 1 million players each spent US$259.97 to do 100 Summons, 366,000 of those players would NOT get ANY Fables 5* Heroes

• If 1 million players each spent US$1,299.87 to do 500 Summons, 368,000 of those players would NOT get a particular Fables 5* Hero

Summary Graphic of Portal Odds

See below amazing summary graphic by @Dorkus showing what odds you can really expect from the various summons portals in the game:

:link: Related Threads

Related Info:

Hero Threads:

Previous Threads:

17 Likes

I think this will work. :slight_smile:

Sure or maybe throw in a cGunnar instead of Belith?

1 Like

Prolly the only event where i like 4* more than all 5* ^^

1 Like

I need a healer instead of Gunnar for health bonus. Thanks!

If you are pushing for the score, you dont really need a healer. If the board is that bad that your heroes are hit multiple times, that is probably not the run for a good score anyway.
I will push for 1k rare using this team:

4 Likes

Rare Completed :slight_smile: Screenshot_20210415-132205_Empires

4 Likes

Did 4 x tens … Got a dupe hansel and Gretel. And a millionth frost.
:neutral_face:

Disappointed but not surprised.

2 Likes

AI on Autoplay is outrageous…hiting tiles and uses heroe that attacks be reflected :poop::poop::poop:

I had just 5 tokens but decided to use them anyway. Result, another Skittles, my first Hansel (what does he do?), yet another Bane, Pixie and the much loved Oberon dupes.

3 Likes

That’s not a serious question, is it? Hansel is the master of mana control (4* version). Treasure him.

Pixie does similar at 3* and is also to be respected.

1 Like

Dawa and Balthazar, Yay.

Both tc20 spat out dawa last night too

1 Like

It totally was, I was just over summons for the last week and kind of didn’t internalise anything after locking his card. :frowning_face:

I love Pixie, she is under rated imo. Having some fun with Shadereave from Valhalla also. A green 4* mana controller? I can get on board with that! Fortunately I have the mats for both of them and some friends atm

3 Likes

Ah, you already know the charm of Pixie, in that case trust me, Hansel will also float your boat :smiley: Emblem him up though, he’s squishy. What a good thing you lock first and ask questions afterwards…!

4 Likes

This is me, building a team for Events for the first time. Since it’s Grimmforest, it’s blue:

First 4 from the left seems to be as good as it can be, just to throw few more emblems there. Jarvur - should I maybe put Gato? I have him, just without emblems. Jarvur is ok for tourneys though. Thoughts?

Troops will come next, too.

My walk through today already is much better than my scores in the past. I guess I would need like 40k to hope for top 1000? :thinking:

5 Likes

Can’t help on tactics for a good score, as I’m usually relieved just to finish above the bottom, but a thought on the Gato question is that, if he is next to Chick and fires first, he should block Chick’s self debuff. Jarvur is probably not best suited to this job, as if he is able to build up a decent number of stacks it means you’re taking far too many moves to score well. But I’m happy to be corrected.

3 Likes

My second 5* from a single pull from a challenge event. Unfortunately, a dupe. :sweat_smile:

Screenshot_20210415-215413

5 Likes

I find Gato more useful. He has higher attack stat and hits harder, but most important - placed next to Chick Jr, he prevents his negative attack aliment.
And - gratz on the score! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Did my one event 10-Pull and landed Red Hood! Eventually will be part of secondary :fire: team :star_struck:

8 Likes