It’s time for Trials of Piety!
This is the Sixth of the Trials in the 18th Cycle!
NOTE: The Trials officially start at This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).
Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides
Reset Token Tracking
=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes
How did you do last time on Trials of Piety?
- Last time I beat all 3 stages
- Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
- Last time I beat just the first stage
- Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
- Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
How did you do this time on Trials of Piety?
- This time I beat all 3 stages
- This time I beat just the first 2 stages
- This time I beat just the first stage
- This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Piety?
(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)
- Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
- I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
- I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
- I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
- I didn’t use any items
Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Piety?
(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)
- I love all the Trials equally
- It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
- I like it more than many of the Trials
- It’s about average for me
- I dislike it more than many of the Trials
- It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
- I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming
Share Your Team & Results!
Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!
Special Questions for Trials of Piety
Trials of Piety is relatively heavy on healer options — did you bring any healers? And were you able to find sufficient firepower amongst your Cleric and Monk choices?
Monk Wilbur really shines for Quests and Trials, both for making survival easier, and for debuffing enemy defense. Do you have Wilbur, and if so, did you bring him along?
Standard Questions for All Trials
- Did your team change notably since last time?
- Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
- Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
- What items did you use, if any?
- What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
- If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
- Anything else interesting to share?
You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Piety occurred:
Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Piety Discussions
- [Aug 16, 2020] Trials of Piety
- [Jul 12, 2020] Trials of Piety
- [Jun 07, 2020] Trials of Piety
- [May 03, 2020] Trials of Piety Discussion
- [Mar 29, 2020] Trials of Piety Discussion
- [Feb 23, 2020] Trials of Piety Discussion
- [Jan 19, 2020] Trials of Piety Discussion
- [Dec 15, 2019] Trials of Piety Discussion
- [Nov 10, 2019] Trials of Piety Discussion
- [Oct 6, 2019] Trials of Piety Discussion
- [Sep 1, 2019] Trials of Piety Discussion
- [July 28, 2019] Trials of Piety Discussion
- [Jun 23, 2019] Trials of Piety Discussion
- [May 19, 2019] Trials of Piety Discussion
- [Apr 14, 2019] Trials of Piety Discussion
- [Mar 10, 2019] Trials of Piety Discussion
- [Feb 3, 2019] Trials of Piety Discussion
I used 10 minor mana potions
My other mana pots were not maxed, I only started with 3 and didn’t use any.
Boril seems to always use his stupid Mana Shield.
This trial goes pretty easily. No changes other than perhaps some emblems:
Sumle / Raffaele / Joon +14 / Mist +18 / Wilbur +20
Mist got a couple of minor mana potions to keep Boril shut down. Otherwise no items. A lucky hit took Wilbur out before the end, but by that time the battle was decided.
Monk emblems for Joon, Clerics banked, trainer for Bai Yeong.
Had an insane combo board. Only needed few mana pots to activate Wilbur when the boss fight began.
Emblems on bench, the trainer goes to Sartana.
My Slow White gets sidelined way too often to give space to faster blues, so it’s fun to take her out of the box for this one. Boards were annoying, but ground through with a few mana pots for Snow.
Emblems banked. Trainer to Skittleskull (because I’m too impatient to color level!)
No reset token. Haven’t tracked the data, but feels like a bit of a dry spell on reset lately.
Same team as last time. Completed with:
Wilbur, Hansel, Boril, Elkanen and
Edit … and Boldtusk
Bane + 14; Kailani+15; Elkanen 3.70; Boril 4.51 and Hawkmoon to complete 2 stages.
This trial should be called trials of patience: the highest tile hit were below 50. I had to use 5 minor mana pots to make Hawkmoon fire and heal me against the riposte.
Minor change in the team, brought in Candy Witch for Kunchen. That added more attack, again The Hatter was very useful, stole buffs, boss Joon committed suicide on the stolen reposte. The battle ended quicker this time than the last time.
Trainer saved; loot emblems, Wilbur to take Monk’s and The Hatter to take the cleric’s.
Slight change li xui in for rigard for colour viarety and a bit of fire power. I actually thought it was easier with rigard last time. Joon withheld everything which may of been a issue. Used some mana and time stops
Emblems for areil and monk I think I’m gonna give some to wilbur trainer storage
“upgrade” from last time, 3* bjorn or c-renfeld out, li xiu with costume bonus in. Wilbur&wu (with rigard healing) make it easy!
Emblems banked, trainer to Leonidas
My team this time:
- Chef Boldtusk +20
- Wilbur +20
- Li Xiu +20
- Gafar +18
- Candy Skittleskull +18
Last time, I had a brain fart and used my unleveled Chef Boldtusk instead of my max emblem one, so I rectified that this time - but not gonna lie, I almost did it again! Also, having demonstrated that the Trials of Fortitude are not completely onerous without Boril, I stripped his emblems and distributed them between Gafar and Vivica, so the fake Aladdin villain is much sturdier this run-through.
No real issues in the mob waves. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged, and went to work on Friar Tuck, because his heal is super annoying. Formed a red diamond one move in, which was nice. Honestly, as long as Wilbur is active, this trial is a breeze, as Joon doesn’t hurt anyone enough to matter, and Boril does no damage. I just hate this trial because of Tuck, but at fast mana, Gafar was always charged and ready to shut him down. Tuck fell first, and Boril and Joon went down simultaneously soon after due to spirit link. It’s a sample size of one with this crew, I know, but it feels like this is a pretty good way to go on this trial for a while.
Not enough cleric emblems for Vivica to gain a talent, and no monks worthy of the emblems now that I’ve taken Wu as high as I plan to. Trainer hero goes to Joon, who will get the stocked monk emblems - and probably Wu’s, too - once he is maxed.
My Team Last Time
My Team This Time
Very good board start with all mana charged…
Fast and Clean… without using items.
Emblems monks maybe continue Wilbur or keep for now, Cleric for Mist.
Trainer goes to Malosi, he already at 4th tier
Cleared without items this time.
No items used.
New emblems will go to Rigard and Joon.
So I beat it. This is probably my least favorite quest because I have no real hitters and nothing in the pipeline that let’s me hope for one. Looking at other people’s rosters most the damage dealers are HotMs or event heroes. As a F2P the odds of me getting some of these guys is very low.
I have Rigard +20, Li Xiu +9(ish), Boril +18, Joon +7, and brought Raf at 3/70.
On the bench was Elkanen 3/70, Wu Kong +20, and Chef Boldtusk 1/1 (he’s next).
My yellows and blues are both off color. Even the mobs took a while. I was in no real threat of dying, I don’t hurt things. I think I will just load up a color along with The Wu and fling tiles like a madman next time.
I used a bunch of bombs and dragon attacks purely out of impatience. I didn’t want to win using no items but it took 30 minutes. I certainly have better thing to do than that.
Thank goodness this one is done! Good luck out there!
Finally some trial i love, after a sequence of hard trials for me.
Wu +7 - Rigard +19 - Santa +5 - Wilbur +7 - Joon +3
No items, fast and easy battle. Wu+Wilbur, enough said
Emblems stored for now, until i decide how to use them (Santa/Joon are pillow-fighting for the monks’, Mist/Hansel/some3* for the clerics’). Trainer to, of course, Domitia. Should be the last one, she’s finally to 4-79.
Wilbur - Mist - Drake+11 - Sumle - Vivica (3/70)
Put in Sumle instead of Rigard this time. Will soon have Drake to +12. Have 11 darts now and considering finally maxing Vivica, but I want to see if I can get Bai Yeong or C.Joon this month. Holding off on using the yellow trainer as well since my Malosi is 4/66. Waiting to get him past 4/70 before collecting all the yellow trainers from PoV and dumping them into Malosi to max him.
Rigard | Mist+17 | Joon+6 | Hansel+18 | Jabberwock+6
Joon+6 replaced second Mist 4/70 from last time
Not much to report, Mist kept everybody in check, while Hansel was there as insurance in case the board went dry. Boril was the first to go, then Joon managed to fire one lucky shot before dying but he missed thanks to my Joon hitting him first. The fat Tuck was more of an annoyance than threat in the end and he too went down in no time.
Emblems to finally bring Mist to +18, look at this beauty:
Not only are those properly 5* stats, they’re actually better than King Leo’s base stats, just let that sink in for a second.
Trainer and monk emblems saved.