[Jun 23, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Piety Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Piety!

This is the Sixth of the Trials in the 5th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 2 hours earlier at 5:00:00 AM (05:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Piety

Now that the Class Trials are on their 5th Cycle and seem to have reasonably stabilized, I’ve moved all of the guide information to a separate thread.

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Piety?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Piety?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Piety?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Piety?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Piety

• Trials of Piety is relatively heavy on healer options — did you bring any healers? And were you able to find sufficient firepower amongst your Cleric and Monk choices?

• Monk Wilbur really shines for Quests and Trials, both for making survival easier, and for debuffing enemy defense. Do you have Wilbur, and if so, did you bring him along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Piety occurred:

3 Likes

Same team as last time, but Elkanen got a few more levels and Rigard & Wilbur more talents:
Li Xiu, Elkanen(3/70), Leonidas, Rigard(+14) and Wilbur(+11)

Almost made it through without items, but then I got bored and axed them down before Friar could heal again.

Got no yellows to train, so I gave the trainer hero to Marjana. Cleric emblems were enough to raise Rigard to +15.

2 Likes

My team:

Quite easy trial thanks to my healers, debuff from the merman and my favorite monkey… Of course I’m not level 30 yet so I only did first 2 stages :stuck_out_tongue:

No items used (or maybe some potions? Idk). However, I have yet to use these emblems, maybe wu will take some when he’s of age, or maybe I’ll wait for someone better, only time will say.

Over all, good trials :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wilbur - Drake - Rigard - Rana - Wu

2 Likes

My team

Wu and Wilbur were a winning tag team combination especially in the third stage. Took in small health potions which was handy as purple tiles failed to boost Rigard’s mana. Mnesseus was handy to counter Borill but he was also the only casualty.

Cleric emblems will probably go to Rigard - his cleanse has won me many a battle.

4 Likes

I don’t even use potion, but had to use full arsenal of carpet bombing.

Please pray for me so I can get him in the next Atlantis.

Ariel’s level and I bring Boril back for experiment.

Old team:

New team (I forgot to take a picture so I have to replicate it):

Harder… Kalinai is better than Boril for this trial…

5 of each: Arrow, Bomb, & Dragon Attacks…

Nothing :sweat_smile:

Seems no one yet :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Almost no items used and going to try without any items next time. Don’t have a lot of hitting power here but with Wilbur and Ariel to keep me alive, the tile damage from Wu is enough!

Wu will get the monk emblems to get him to lvl 1. Ariel will get the cleric emblems once I have enough telescopes to get her to final ascension. Trainer is going to Guinevere!

6 Likes

This was the worst trial ever for me. I was so mad and frustrated i was about to throw my phone on the ground fo real, im glad it was charging and the wire almost blocked me. F…k Friar Tuck and his bull… a** cure plus he resisted every dragon attack. Never gonna do this trial again. Not until i have some good monks that do some offensive damage and they change this bosses infinite heal [he was curing himself for like 400 while i was barely doing 13 20 damage with the tiles]. I thought i had some of the worst fights with Vivica in the other trials?!, well that was nothing compared to this one. Didnt even make a screenshot. Incredibly i’ve managed to kill him with Borils riposte after a long struggle [probably even the time was closing on me]. :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Well that sounds frustrating. :confounded:

Are you able to make Time Stops? They’re a very effective means to preventing the Bosses from firing or healing.

2 Likes

Yeah im able to do everything, but i though i was gonna wipe them out with the dragon attacks and bombs but Friar was the only one that resisted basically every dragon attack. that additional burn damage would have kill him too, but he decided he wanted to stay alive. So everything went downhill from there, because from like 300hp started gaining more hp and he managed to get back at 1700 hp because he was charging himself like nothing, plus i didnt had any matches on the sides so every combo was hitting him. :sob:

3 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

I had a very hard time with this one last time, and actually had to retry the last Stage TWICE to finally beat it on the third time.

What I learned last time was that Time Stops are a good safety net to avoid Wu Kong getting killed by Joon when Wilbur isn’t active, since his attack buff is needed to do damage fast enough to kill the Bosses with this team.

This time I added a second safety net of Revive Scrolls, just in case.

Of course, when you bring an umbrella, it never rains…and I ended up not needing any of those.

Some minor healing and a single mana pot proved sufficient this time.

But I’ll definitely keep the safety net for next time.

Shiny New Emblems

Wilbur is at +18, which is as high as I’m taking anyone, so the Monk Emblems went to the bank. Wu Kong is up next for them unless I get Ranvir (and not Tarlak), in which case they’re going to Li Xiu.

Rigard is ready to go to +5, but I’m debating a little between HP and Defense as a first priority for him, so I haven’t stepped him up yet.

Dodge This!

With a bad 80s action movie punchline, Inari ate the Trainer Hero.

6 Likes

I had a terrible time last time, and had to play the last Stage 3 times to beat it. Time Stops saved me.

Meanwhile this time I hardly needed items at all.

I think it’s helpful to prep items as a safety net, since board timing through the course of the battle can affect things a lot. For me on this one, my safety net was Time Stops and Revive Scrolls (which I ended up not needing either of this time).

More on that in my post above, if you’re interested.

4 Likes

Ran Vivica, WuKong, Wilbur, Boril, and the Elkmeister. Vivica took over Rigard’s duties. Mostly won via Wilbur/WuKong cascade squad and carpet bombed because it was 2 am, and I wanted to go to sleep. :joy:

3 Likes

My group this time, I benched 3.70 Elk and brought in Hansel, who is now fully leveled.

I got to the final bosses with everyone locked and loaded. I opened with a bomb to debuff Joon. Withstand. Ugh. Then a second bomb, which took.

I used minor mana pots to keep Wilbur and Tarlak going. Hansel shined, though that is partly luck, as Boril has mana shield and the monks can withstand. Tuck kept resisting Wilbur, though it didn’t matter, most of the damage to him came through the spirit link.

Tuck and Joon both died simultaneously, leaving us alone with Boril. Another tile drop and he tapped out.

The trainer will be held for my next yellow 5*, or until I decide to take my 3.70 Onatel to 80. The emblems will go to Ma North and Tarlak.

3 Likes

My only viable team is Aeron (3/70), Li Xiu, Friar Tuck, Mnesseus, Hawkmoon (all maxed with emblems). I also have maxed Bane, but decided against as we have Vivica to worry about (and I used arrows to mimic his special).

Mnesseus’ dispel was a lifesaver. But I only tried up to Stage 2; it already took me tons of time to beat, and from experience I know that this team would not be sturdy enough to beat the last stage.

3 Likes

I got clobbered last Trials so I was very happy to have a very strong team for this one. Here’s my team:

I debated swapping Boril out for Wilbur or another hero (options in picture) but ended up sticking with him and it all worked out fine:

Glad to have a smooth run for a change. Rigard and Drake eat the yummy emblems.

2 Likes

My 3rd team sometimes needs items to complete these quests, but the Wilbur/Wu combo made this one easy. TP of about 3300 - Wu, Rigard, Wilbur, Li at 4/1 and Bane. I had decent boards, but firing Wu, and Wilbur and then getting a few combos off and Boril, Joon and the Friar just kind of dissolved.

3 Likes

Still my worst trial, but my team has improved significantly from last time.

• Rigard 4^59
  • Bane +19
  • Boril 4^70
  • Hawkmoon +20
  • Leonidas 2^12

Compared to last time, Boril is maxed (up from 2^16) and in for Mnesseus, Rigard is in for Friar Tuck (3^50), and Leonidas is up from 1^1.

Lack of firepower is obviously the issue here. Since I finished Poseidon, I’ve been leveling Leonidas for that reason. Last time was the first time I’ve been able to finish the second stage, but after I finished it without items, I decided to try the third stage.

Lack of focus cost me the win. First, I failed to switch in bombs for arrows in my battle items, to go along with dragons, axes, and small health potions. Next, I should have held Leonidas’ special on the boss wave instead of firing it immediately so the mana cut could have kept a boss special at bay a little longer. Finally, I triggered a few of my items too soon, allowing Friar Tuck to recover some of the damage caused. The net result was that I was able to kill Joon (mostly with riposte) and Boril (about halfway with items), but I ended up with Friar Tuck teetering on the brink when I ran out of items and he fired his special. By that time, I was down to just Rigard and Boril, and I wasn’t able to cause enough damage to keep his heal in check. It became a hopeless cycle of doing a little damage, and Friar Tuck healing for more. Ultimately, I had to flee, as the battle could have gone on all day with Friar Tuck healing himself and Rigard healing my team.

I did learn some things from this run, though. Lack of firepower is also a problem for the bosses. Once I was able to do away with Joon, the bosses were almost as helpless to throw a knockout punch as my team was. Unfortunately, Joon was able to one-shot Hawkmoon, Bane, and Leonidas before dying, so I wasn’t left with much to work with. Also, Leonidas’ HP steal makes it less intimidating to fire his special at a hero with riposte. Next time this quest rolls around, I think Leonidas will be the difference that will make the trial more easily beatable.

I think I’ll take another shot tonight when my WE refills. Anyone have any advice about what order to go after the bosses in? Would you try to wait and blind Joon right before he fires, or is it more helpful to let him go off and reap the benefits of riposte damage? Also, should I try to keep my team from getting one-shot by blunting Joon’s special with an attack down item like axes, or just wait for the perfect moment and unload all my items for straight damage and hope it does in Friar Tuck and his stupid heal?

And for the wishful thinking part of my post, I hope to pull Wilbur this coming Atlantis. But my sense is that running Wilbur and Boril together isn’t ideal. I would probably need to, as they would be among my best heroes in their respective classes. Anybody tried this? How bad i is the problem of running their specials together (i.e. cutting and sharing damage that would otherwise be riposted)?

3 Likes

Took a little time but went through it with really no problem. Didn’t use much except a couple simple mana potions. This tends to be one of the easier trials to me, but definitely one of the more time consuming

3 Likes

Cookie Settings