🔵 [May 03, 2020] Trials of Piety Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Piety!

This is the Sixth of the Trials in the 14th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at Invalid date (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Piety

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Piety?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Piety?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Piety?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Piety?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Piety

• Trials of Piety is relatively heavy on healer options — did you bring any healers? And were you able to find sufficient firepower amongst your Cleric and Monk choices?

• Monk Wilbur really shines for Quests and Trials, both for making survival easier, and for debuffing enemy defense. Do you have Wilbur, and if so, did you bring him along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Piety occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Piety Discussions
8 Likes

Team this time

Hansel and Wilbur came in for Leonidas and Rigard.
The changes, made the trial easier than the last time

The battle

Lots of bye hands from Friar Tuck, but Hansel succeeded in cutting him short here and there, The Hatter stealing their buffs and then Wilbur sharing their slashes…this team has better synergy than the previous, so no item needed.

No Yellow project currently, so trainer saved, Rigard or Hansel would get the cleric’s emblem, monk’s saved for now.

8 Likes

This is the team I lead with for stage 1 (my normal form is to be able to complete most quests up to the stage 3 bosses who defeat me time after time (it’s demoralising)). Now, I really need a dispeller, but the only one I have is Fish Boy! (Mnesseus) and i wonder if he has the durabillity for stage 2 let alone stage 3? Is there a battle item other than a time stop (reset enemy mana) that I can use with some effect?

EDIT: this was not specifically directed at @Guvnor, the forum software did it!

4 Likes

I finished it with a team of Rigard-Mist-Joon-Wu Kong-Wilbur. This was one of the easier trials for me. Trainer hero to Costume Joon. Reset emblem = yes.

6 Likes

I used costumed Boldtusk +19, Wilbur +20, Mist +18, Leonidas +10, Joon

No real problems, but I did use some dragon attacks to speed it along.

Cleric emblems banked. Monk emblems probably to Leonidas, as he is the war tank. Reset emblem goes onto the huge pile. Lady Woolerton scarfed down the trainer before I could hold her back. Vegetarian indeed.

7 Likes

Used:

• Rigard +18
  • Marie-Thérèse +1
  • Hansel +16
  • Wu Kong +18
  • Mist 4/70

Used some items to finish bosses faster. Mist completely neutralized Boril, so he was not a problem. Emblems will go to Vivica (who is locked in Sorcerer mode due to being in war defense) and MT.

5 Likes

My team this time. I should only use mana potions to fire Boldtusk / Wilbur. The plan is to activate Wilbur + Wu Kong at the boss level and use some diamond(s) when the battle starts. It’s a well used recipe (and works like a charm).

5 Likes

I hate Vivica and Boril. Takes too long. Did not even bother my good board and fully loaded specials. Nuked them! Emblems stored for Grazul and Wilbur. Trainer for Malosi.

6 Likes

Haha, it was not even Vivica. Brother Tuck is no way better…

2 Likes

Same team, but i really need a new one :unamused:

Board was ok to start

But then i just emptied the tank :roll_eyes::unamused:

Loot into the bank

6 Likes

Changes:
Rigard to the bench and Vivi on the field.
Finally she is at 4.80. :smiley:
Fight was…ok…Kunchen and Vivi against Joon at the end of the game took a really long time…they healed each other but two defenders against an attacking player…a little bit hard…a felt eternity later: Victory! :grin:

Trainer: goes to my new project called Joon
Emblems:
Cleric for Rigard because I promised him before Vivi appeared. And word of honour is word of honour.
Monk: stored

6 Likes

Last time was the first time I managed it although I took and used a lot of items. Used a few revive scrolls, I expect.

Currently my team is the same …

HM (c bonus), Li Xui, Boril, Grimble, Wu

The difference this time is Hm’s costume is fully maxed and Grimble is very nearly fully maxed. In addition I can now make time stops which I couldn’t before so it was a little easier to crack it. I did still need a lot of items but I was using them tactically rather than desperately as I was before! :joy:

Obviously, using a 3* is always going to make the last round tough. I have recently pulled Wilbur but realised how much I needed a green today to deal with Boril. Only option there for the future is Lianna’s costume. Still got a way to go before I get that up to a reasonable level though.

4 Likes

Beat it with maxed Wu Kong/Ariel/Wilbur/Mist + 3/60 Boril. Not an optimal team but it wasn’t very dramatic. Used one dragon and a few mana pots.

4 Likes

No changes to last time in my team and also as last time I needed some bombs to finish off Boril at the end :grin:

Emblems go to Joon for node 19 (53 at the moment) and Ariel for node 16. Trainer will go to White Rabbit once Clarissa is done.

4 Likes

I struggled with this today.
The bosses I mean. I ended up using almost all Minor Health, Minor Mana and Turtle Banners. And I DID use 5 Bomb Attacks.

Rigard / Mist / Joon / Hansel / Wilbur

I should have switched out Mist for my second Hansel.
But, I managed to do it at least, with no hero deaths

4 Likes

Team last time

Team this time

I swapped out Wilbur for Mist to test her luck in this Trial. Not sure if one run is enough to determine her worth here, so I’ll likely try her again next time. She did… OK, but didn’t make it to closing time, so I can’t say it was any better results than before.

Emblems saved for now, trainer to my shiny new Gravy who just made final ascension this morning. Thanks for another reset SG!

5 Likes

My team this time:

• Wilbur +20
  • Leonidas 3^70
  • Chef Boldtusk +20
  • Li Xiu +20
  • Boril +20

Compared to last time, Wilbur is up one talent, and that’s basically all that changed. The fight didn’t go much differently, either. Mob waves are not a problem; can’t hit the bosses hard enough to do jack squat, even with Wilbur’s def down and Chef Boldtusk’s attack up. Once again, after some early success, the board turned almost entirely green, and keeping up with Tuck’s heal and mana buff was too much. Wilbur got taken out on a double hit, then Leo and Li went down, so I felt good about getting out with only a dragon, two bombs, and three axes used. This might be my least favorite of the trials now, since I anticipate that the Trials of Justice will get easier with the addition of KISS Tiburtus soon. Not sure there is any immediate help on the horizon for this trial. Costume Skittleskull?

Monk emblems take Wu Kong to +2. Cleric emblems being saved for Vivica, and the trainer hero gets her tantalizingly close to being able to claim them (4^79).

4 Likes

This is one of the trials I dislike the most, because I hate not being able to dispel Boril’s riposte, Vivica’s defense buff and Friar Tuck’s mana regen UNLESS I have Mnesseus along. And Round 2’s Vivica/Boril and Round 3’s Boril/Tuck combinations are just extremely annoying. I’ve suicided on riposte enough that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to not be able to dispel it…

I did use Mnesseus, Bjorn and costummed Brienne to great effect in the first two Rounds. Then for Round 3, I selected…

• Rigard: healing + cleanse Joon’s blind
  • costumed Skittles: attack debuff + strong color vs. waves
  • Mnesseus: to dispel Boril and Tuck (and hope/pray I can keep him alive)
  • Joon: pure sniping damage and blind
  • Aeron: double-up on strong color versus Joon, HoT counters Boril’s riposte somewhat

Hoped that this combination would keep Mnesseus alive. Well, I buckled myself in for a long, long, long ride…

(also did this while cooking dinner, so forgot to screenshot during the battle… yeesh!)

Enemy Joon fired thrice, missed twice due to being blinded by my own Joon. When Joon did hit, damage was softened due to Skittles’ debuff. I would cycle through Boril / Tuck firing, dispelling with Mnesseus, and healing with Aeron/Rigard to keep Mnesseus alive. I would do a one-two punch with Mnesseus, where Mnesseus’ weaker attack meant riposte didn’t kill him, allowing Joon to hit safely.

Joon fell first, then after a while, Tuck. And finally, after a long-ish time, Boril.

Trainer AND Monk emblems reserved for my newly ascended Rana,

Cleric emblems will bring Rigard to +15 (Lady W is already +15, and I have no other 4* or 5* Clerics).

also: reset emblem, yay!

6 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

No change… only Rigard emblem is higher now.

The Battle

Decent start…

Used some items…

Emblems both keep stock.
Trainer goes to Malosi.

6 Likes