šŸ° Costumed Jasper ā€“ 5* Holy/Yellow from Springvale

New Springvale Hero is released: Costumed Jasper

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Jasper, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Jasper.

Costumed Jasper

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Monk
S
Slow
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Springvale Springvale
Image Aether Power Description
boosted-regen Boosted Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 300 boosted health over 6 turns. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Dreams of Nourishment
  • All allies regenerate 1450 HP over 5 turns.
  • All allies get +60% attack for 5 turns.
  • All allies get +60% critical chance for 5 turns.
  • The caster gets -5% mana generation for 5 turns. This effect canā€™t be cleansed.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Springvale Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Costume bonus is increased:
    • Attack is increased from 814 to 892.
    • Defense is increased from 916 to 1003.
    • Health is increased from 1789 to 1952.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 2 of Springvale Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v65]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Jasper ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Jasper.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Jasper and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Jasper worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Jasper on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Jasper ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Jasper as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Jasper Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Jasperā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Jasper and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Jasper, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Jasper when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Jasper, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Jasper (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Costumed Jasper), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Jasper (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Jasper worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Jasper would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Jasperā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer (Over Time)
  • Attack Buffer
  • Critical Chance Buffer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Jasper compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Jasperā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Jasperā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Jasperā€™s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Jasper is better ?

• Normal Jasper
  • Costumed Jasper
0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Jasper worth giving Cleric Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Jasper is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Jasper is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Jasper worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Jasper then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • Itā€™s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

The skill is unchanged, and the polls are now enabled.

this hero would be quite good if he had an overheal over time in the costume. With this setup, he might be usefull for the mystic titan for the top players, beside them, he is quite underwhelming in my opionion

Just got him. I was about to level up Guardian Gazelle to replace Bertulf on titans, but looks like Iā€™ll be sticking with Bertulf + Jasper instead. Other than that I donā€™t really see any use for him outside rush.

With costume bonus, monk mana node, bard and troop,

5+4+5+20 = 34% mana gen increase

JacperC can be charged in 9 tiles, so I think he is good also in general aspects (provided that we have Bard , or choose Narcisa from SE)

4 Likes

Thanks @Ufeel :+1:

20 is from the mana troop correct? And 5 is from the bard? If no bard then not 9 tiles? Sorry for all the questions not good at numbers :laughing:

I just pulled this dude and trying to figure out if itā€™s worth it to lvl the cow

1 Like

Yes 20% from troop and you need another 5% from Bard or somewhere else, but Bard is the easiest option :smiley:

2 Likes

Awesome thanks @Ufeel :blush::+1:

1 Like

This costume is just better in every single way than the original. 5 turns HOT means it just heals more as compared to the original, with 10% more attack and crit

1 Like

Donā€™t get how this hero is weaker than most judging from voting. Phenexa which considering a very good hero has 30% critical for 4 turns to all 40% healing to all and 50% attack to all for 4 turns. Jasper c has 60% crit and 60% attack to all for 5 turns and gives 1450healing to all for 5 turns without the troops. He is slow but has high stats and the mana bonus. Very good choice for yellow hero for 2lb in my opinion.

2 Likes

mostly because of speed

slow heroes are considered good if they do something exceptional

he is good but for me i prefer if he had boosted health and attack boost that increases every hit. or at least be undispellable

on defence a simple dispel or block completely makes him useless

3 Likes

So here he isā€¦ Not necessarily anything to complain about, but considering all the hot new heroes that have slipped past, this doesnā€™t quite feel as exciting. I mean, Iā€™d rather have taken miss Ethel too from this portal.

That said, Iā€™m sure heā€™ll be of use and maybe even a great addition to the purple Titan team. So, weā€™ll see as this beef gets some more beef.

2 Likes

Just got him a few minutes ago.,

the 20 mana gen boost would have to come from Styx or magic troops or others, thanks @Ufeel for the heads up on this!

ā€¦hopefully I could fulfill the requirement for 9 tiles using Phenexa but part of their skills will be overlappingā€¦ Would test him round to see other options.
I wish they had made the C a barbarian instead of cleric!

1 Like

Ī™ couldnā€™t agree more. High stats but still seems quite a fragile hero similar to his special animation flowers lol. Not for defence for sure. If he was average it would have been a different conversation. Missing boost hp is a huge minus. Just do the obvious and buff his specials.

3 Likes

I wanted him mainly because costume but I am tired of wasting pulls just to get very expensive food for other heroes.

1 Like

no need to chase him. heā€™ll be featured in covenant Summon later.

oops, i thought your were referring to archie

Iā€™ve get him/herā€¦ But not sure if is good enough

Jasper doesnā€™t hit, he is slow, and do healing overtime not even boost. Those elements makes him quite fragile. A hero that doesnā€™t scare you in raids. Shark khai for instant is much more usable and scary cause he charge faster.

And he doesnā€™t even have a passive. Compare Jasper with Vivica cartoon costume. Its laughable.