🔵 [July 17, 2019] Trials of Mysticism Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Mysticism!

This is the Third of the Trials in the 6th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4 hours earlier at 2:45:00 AM (02:45 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Mysticism

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Mysticism?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Mysticism?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Mysticism

• Ulmer and Skittleskull both debuff your whole team, for defense and attack, respectively. How did you deal with that? Some possible options are using Proteus to prevent them firing, using antidotes to remove the debuffs, or using Kiril to overwrite the debuffs with buffs. Did you use any of those approaches, or perhaps others?

• Unlike some class combinations, Wizards and Sorcerers offer some healers to choose from. Do you have any available, and did you bring any on your team?

• Proteus truly shines on Quests in general. Do you have him, and if so, did you bring him along for these Trials?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Mysticism occurred:

5 Likes

As usual, Proteus won’t allow them tonuse their skill, Mitsuko also reduce mana gained while Kiril ready to cleanse it.

Sabina and Kiril.

Absolutely.

Very notable indeed. I sue Mitsuko instead of Kasshrek. As the opponents are mostly dark, I replace Ameonna with Sartana because Sartana’s skill do not relly on tile damage. 4☆ dark troop is used this time though I should have use it on Proteus to save mana potions.

Old Team:

New Team:

7 Minor Healing Potions
3 Healing Potions
4 Minor Mana Potions
4 Mana Potions

Nothing for now.

Sartana.

Quite a jump since my 1st team:

4 Likes

Kiril - Sartana - Mitsuko - Hel - Onatel

7 Likes

Last time Kiril had 11 tokens
Proteus was 3/22
Isania in for Balthazer

I dont know why i fired off a couple of Dragons

6 Likes

Kiril, Sabina+14, Sartana+6, Quintus (3/70) and Skittleskull (4/41)
Decided to do the final ascension on Skittle, but she still died too quickly, so no noticealbe difference to last time.
I had to use almost all of my items (mana pots, antidotes, arrows and bomb attacks)

It’s currently my weakest team for the trials at 3666 strenght. Which is way better than what I started with, but still too difficult without items

5 Likes

Skittleskull is she? :fearful:

4 Likes

Last time

This time.
I struggled this time because of a bit of a bad board and Sabina died early on in the boss fight.
After Kiril got killed, i just threw some axe attacks and a few bombs to finish the bosses off.

Notable changes from last time I maxed Mits at the beginning of this week. She makes maxed 5* number 10 in my roster.
This last month i have had no spare hams for troop development between leveling heroes and finally researching harpoons.
The 3* trainer will get saved for my next 5* max.

6 Likes

Bog Witch is a she…

5 Likes

My team

This trial seemed harder than the last time. Although this could be because Ulmer & Skittle seemed to hit Sabina & Hel especially hard, and they both fell early in the boss stage. I was inundated with purple once they were defeated - yes the boards were rigged :wink:.

The boards continued to be meh, but Kiril with emblems and Onatel stealing mana, made the difference. I used arrows and a turtle banner - I forgot to make more, and forgot about the health potions - duh! Kash was handy in the mob stage, and he made the team by default, because he was my next highest hero.

Trainer hero and emblems will stay in my inventory for now.

6 Likes

Same team as last time just slightly more embed.
Does the job pretty good,

No battle items used, just 2 potions and 5 small mana.
Kiril 4/70 - Ameonna 4/70+14 - Ursena 3/70 - Skittleskull 4/70 - GodProteus 4/70+11

No hero gain any emblems.
Ameonna stats at +14 for general knowledge lol:

6 Likes

Use 2 type of mana potions on Hel, keep the mana block in effect at all time so the bosses won’t fire even once.

3 Likes

Yeah, alas mana pots I save for titans… never seem to have any spare for quests. This is the first quest Hel was rendered ineffective, though Onatel & Kiril arose to the challenge.

3 Likes

A little nervous to bring this team in to the final round since it’s so dark heavy:

• Good idea
  • Bad idea

0 voters

3 Likes

@Crimson, give it a shot. You have some power there man. Worst that can happen is you try again?

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Sabina +13
  • Onatel 3^70
  • Skittleskull 4^70
  • Ameonna 3^60
  • Gill-Ra 3^50

Compared to last time, Sabina is up 3 talents, and Gill-Ra, who I have maxed since last time, is in for Jahangir 3^50, based on other people’s experiences that I read on this thread last time. Tough to tell if she made that much difference, since Skittleskull already has the attack down covered, but she was a little more durable than Jahangir, anyway. I didn’t even touch any healing potions until mid-way through the boss fight.

This is one of my better trials anyway, but I had ridiculous luck making diamonds this time. Entered the boss wave with all specials ready to fire and at least one (maybe more) diamonds on the board, and diamonds continued to form throughout the wave. Even when they were off-color diamonds, Onatel was usually on the third or fourth turn of her mana steal, allowing me to clear a bunch of useless tiles without worrying about charging the bosses’ mana.

I was able to kill Ulmer using mostly tile damage before he even fired once. Balthazar’s special didn’t really phase a mostly healthy Sabina. Gill-Ra was the first to die; three-stars are still out of their league here, but she did OK. With Balthazar on the ropes and Quintus below half health, Quintus fired Thunder Ultimatum, taking out Sabina and Ameonna. I could have started the carpet bombing before then, but my goal was to conserve items, as this is a better trial for me. Finished Balthazar with tile damage and had Quintus very much on the ropes. Skittleskull was in critical health and Onatel below half. Quintus was almost full on mana, and Onatel was only on the third turn of her mana steal. I had tiles lined up to form yet another diamond (in green, for Skittleskull), but I was pretty sure it would fill Quintus’ mana, and I wasn’t going to test Onatel’s durability against another Thunder Ultimatum and risk 20 WE. Threw a single bomb and ended it then and there. Very pleased with how this one went.

Sorcerer emblems take Sabina to +14; she is now my highest talented hero. Wizard emblems go into a very large stack, but now that Kiril finally decided to show up, they have his name on them. I have him at 2^11 at the moment, and I anticipate he’ll be in for Gill-Ra next time around on this trial. Trainer hero goes to Domitia, who I’m finally back around to leveling after taking a detour for Rigard and Gill-Ra.

4 Likes

Yeah @PapaHeavy , I kinda didn’t want to waste the 20 WE with Farholme on the same day but, what the heck, 100% of the poll said go for it so I gave it a shot. I swapped out my dragon attacks for bombs (for the attack debuff) and set myself up for success from the beginning of the boss stage:
PNG
I went after Balthazar first and stunted his attack with Merlin. My team survived at least two specials from Quintus and one from Ulmer, the end result was a solid win :smile:

Trainer hero will go to Ameonna but I’m trying to get her to T3 first.

9 Likes

I finally beat a trial without gems (yay!)

My team last time:

This time I have Proteus and Kiril taking the place of the 3*s, Sabina got some more emblems and Kash got maxed :stuck_out_tongue:
My team this time:

Thanks to proteus this wasnt as hard as it could be. Got a lot of mana potions and some battle items just to be sure. Used the mana pots and one bomb to lower the attack of the bosses. The only problem was I didnt have any hitters so it took forever to finish.

Emblems will go to Sabina (she just got to 7 today in fact, with the first lvl of the trial ^.^) and, when hes maxed, to proteus, likewise, the trainer hero goes to Mr. P :wink:

It really shows how far I have come in about a month and I’m really happy

Happy trials of mysticism, everyone ! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Awesome @JAWS_3D!! Congrats on that win!! That was a pretty solid team you had there, as long as the board played nice. Glad it worked out!!

5 Likes

KIRIL’S ANGELS

8 Likes