🔵 [Nov 27, 2019] Trials of Strength Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Strength!

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Strength

This is the First of the Trials in the 10th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 15 minutes earlier at 6:45:00 AM (06:45 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Strength?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Strength?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Strength?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Strength?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Strength

• Fighter Boldtusk and Fighter Delilah are excellent healer options, but of course not everyone has them. Do you have one of them available, and did you bring them along? If not, how did you manage the lack of healers?

• The Barbarian and Fighter Classes have some big hitters — the “Strength” name for these Trials is no surprise. Did you find it helped to have some strong attackers for your team?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Strength occurred:

3 Likes

Kingston - Panther - Elena - Magni - Kage

6 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

Not much to say on this one, it remains one of the easier Trials for me, with no items needed.

Noble Meal

Rigard number 2’s Costume ate the Trainer Hero, since I’m long out of red heroes I want to level.

Shiny New Emblems

Colen stepped up once to +4.

I’m not sure yet what I’m doing next with Barbarian Emblems. But I don’t have enough to take Azlar to +1 yet, so until then I’m procrastinating deciding whether they’ll go to him, a 4*, or a 3*.

10 Likes

my team last time

My team this time

Screenshot_20191127-101643_Empires
Looks the same i just changed the troops

Went into the final boss looking like that so imagine what happened :joy::joy:

Results of popping the diamonds

Emblems will go to delilah and GM trainer will have to check :stuck_out_tongue:

Reset emblem = NO

8 Likes

Same team

Blew away the little one, but he killed BT

Had these 2 beat real good, then the big boy burnt me and the red cow revived TWICE!!

Had to use the scroll just to stay alive then watch her pop from Colens burn after ghosting tiles through her, not my best effort lol

9 Likes

Finished it, no problems at all.
team was Boldtusk, Kageburado 3/70, Poseidon +7, Gravemaker +7, Grimm

Used some small red and blue flasks and one Arrow attack in the final, lost Grimm but that’s okay :slight_smile:

Saving my emblems for Poseidon and Kage when he is 4/80 (or bring Gravemaker to node 8)

Hero trainer will be in my roster for a little while, no idea at the moment who will get him for dinner.

5 Likes

Only vanilla, only slow and average, a so called anti-meta approach. :wink:

Emblems went to Grimm and my 2 Gato. Neith had a flame kissed breakfast.

Boss battle, everybody surprised … ehhm … survived. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

My team:

Magni replaced LJ.

I didn’t use any items thanks to Miki’s special, only Elena fired.

The new emblems went to Azlar and Magni, the trainer hero to Kellie (my only unique red project).

8 Likes

Well did the first two stages on my main and Alt #1. Here is who I took on my main:

Having Sumi helped a bit with the bosses as they were both AoE. So they were gonna get some damage thrown back at them. I had super antidotes on hand to deal with the fire and poison DoTs but in the end, didn’t even need to use them the damage was so dang minimal. Gonna do the third stage later on when my WE comes back.

Emblems are being saved for Grimm and Sumi respectively.

Here is who I took on my alt #1:

Muggy kept coming in clutch with bringing Azar back as a bruiser bro. And BT kept healing everyone so bruiser bro Azar managed to get off several fierce slashes to pile on damage to the bosses. LJ was handy to have as he and Muggy have insanely high tile damage and the mana slowdown reduced the amount of times going off. Oberon’s stinking revive was getting irritating. He revived 3 times in a row on this one and my main as well. I was like, “you gonna bite it already or am I gonna watch you die from bleed damage?”. Fighter emblems are being saved for BT. Got enough to bring him to +8 so I am over halfway to getting him to +15. Barbarian emblems are being saved for LJ.

EDIT: I completed the final stage on my main. Kingston was a flipping lifesaver this trial.

8 Likes

My team last time:

Went with the same team, but put in antidotes again, see last time :smiley:
So this time it went smooth, no continue needed, no expensive battle items needed, all heroes survived :slight_smile:

Trainer will go to…huh not Anzogh, he’s maxed, so Kelile is in the queue for the trials! YEAH!!!
Emblems: Barbarian to Gretel, I think. Fighter emblems are stocked for the moment, mabye they’ll go to BT, when his costume is maxed or to Colen, when he is maxed, but Colen comes after Kelile and another red 5* Oo

Team this time:

Win:

8 Likes

My Team Last Last Time

My Team This Time

Now, Poseidon and Magni is max and Miki is 3.70.

The Battle

Great start at boss step, all skill ready and charged except BT, but buff is still in turn. No item used so far.

It is more easier, because we bring 3 blue, and Miki make tiles deals much strong damages.
BT buff att, Grimm defdown are both great synergy, then Poseidon sniper will damage much harder.
No items used, great… :grinning:

The Reward

Emblem Fighter is so many competitor, will decide later.
Emblem Barbarian, keep for Little John.
Trainer for Kelile.

9 Likes

I did it with Miki, Hu Tao, Kingston, Sumitomo and Colen. Even the 3 bosses were easy to beat, i gave miki a big mana to silence the bosses so they had no chance to fire their Specials. worked very well and easy

4 Likes

My team for this trial consists of all classic 4 stars, but they are quite powerful with emblems. Had to use a bomb on the 4th stage to kill a dying minion, had a nice diamond setup for the bosses and didn’t want to ruin it. Once on the final stage with BTs attack boost and so many pulverizers, the diamond almost killed off the bosses, after that I finished the rest with remaining tiles. Used one more bomb to make sure their attacks stayed down. All emblems and trainer hero hoarded for the time being.

6 Likes

Did first two

Both emblems to be stored fighter gonna be a problem. As working on BT and Kingston.

7 Likes

I brought Kingston in for BT, this time.

• On the bench: Lancelot, Gretel, Sumitomo, Magni, Poseidon, Panther, BT 1 and 2, Hu Tao, Miki 3.70, Elena

I got to the bosses with everyone ready but the brothers Grimm. A blue match, and one was ready to go. Man, this fight took much longer than it used to. Bringing Kingston in at BT’s expense was ultimately a defensive move, one I was not too fond of. That said, it was amusing to see Nashgar target Kingston repeatedly, with no burnination.

Elena fell first, primarily because I was targeting her with Kingston. I used some antidotes and minor mana, to get heals off from Delilah.

Trainer goes to…maybe Wilbur #2. Emblems to Kage and Delilah.

Next time, BT is back on the team. I think I will swap in Magni for one of the Grimms.

9 Likes

Grimm+8, Grimm 3/70, Boldtusk +13, Elena 4/80, Azlar 4/80.

At the last level I used one or two antidotes to counter Azlar’s attack and one or two healing potions to mitigate a lack of red tiles somewhere on the way to bosses.

5 Likes

I really wish all of the trials were this easy for me. With Miki, not a single boss fires through all three stages. This was my team

Only used two of the mana test tubes. Kingston is a new addition, replacing Black Knight. Worked much better as BK and Miki fight each other. Saving the trainer for my next red project, whoever it might be

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +2
  • Azlar 4^80
  • Gormek +20
  • Boldtusk +19
  • Little John +3

Compared to last time, I finished maxing Azlar (from 4^60), Boldtusk is up 3 talents, and I started giving barbarian emblems to LJ, who is up to +3.

This was the easiest class trial I have had in a very long time. I usually don’t mention the first stages at all, but I thought it notable that I finished stage 1 without ever fully charging Poseidon (who is fast mana). The battle was over that fast. Even in stage 3, I rolled right through to the bosses. Everyone was charged except Poseidon, but that was by design, as I had a yellow diamond on the board, and I could match it in such a way that I would create another yellow diamond when it popped. So I fire everyone else and pop the yellow diamond, creating not only another yellow diamond, but a bonus red diamond in the process. I think Boss Azlar was dead by turn 3. Nashgar managed to fire during the 1 turn that LJ’s mana cut wasn’t active, but it wasn’t even a concern. LJ re-fired, and I think Nashgar and Elena might have survived 2-3 more turns. I know the diamonds were very lucky, but I was straight gobsmacked how quickly this fight went. Of course, I never had to look in the direction of any of my items, healing or otherwise.

Barbarian emblems take LJ to +4; not enough fighter tokens for Boldtusk to reach peak boldness yet, but I’m eager to get that last node so I can get back to the business of embleming Poseidon. Trainer hero goes to Khagan.

5 Likes

My team last time

This time

Brought in Magni 3/70 for Colen, to achieve more ice heroes in the team vs fire bosses.

This time the trial proved more easier, no item was used, Magni helped to keep his flanks alive. Delilah 's minions were meat shields everywhere, BT made attacks significantly harder on the bosses.

Saved emblems and trainer for now.

5 Likes