🔵 [Aug 13, 2019] Trials of Strength Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Strength!

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Strength

This is the First of the Trials in the 7th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 7 hours earlier at 12:00:00 AM (00:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Strength?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Strength?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Strength?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Strength?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Strength

• Fighter Boldtusk and Fighter Delilah are excellent healer options, but of course not everyone has them. Do you have one of them available, and did you bring them along? If not, how did you manage the lack of healers?

• The Barbarian and Fighter Classes have some big hitters — the “Strength” name for these Trials is no surprise. Did you find it helped to have some strong attackers for your team?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Strength occurred:

2 Likes

BT and Kage got one more talent each and Magni is maxed. Otherwise same team as last time.

Had to try 2 times to beat the last stage. The “strength” part goes both ways afterall and the bosses hit hard. Would have made it the first time if I had used some antidotes, but I didn’t really pay attention :disappointed:. 2nd time I didn’t even have to use any items. All specials were ready and the bosses fell pretty quickly after that.

Trainer hero was for Elena. Emblems are for Kage & Magni.

5 Likes

Last time Boldtusk was +10
Swap a 3/60 Little John for a 3/60 Grimm
Last time i didnt use any items.
This time i had to because i didnt set up my board and BT had no mana, :frowning::sob::joy: hence no photo finish

4 Likes

BT - Panther - Magni - Kage - Azlar

6 Likes

Happy cake day, AirHawk!!!
:cake::cupcake::cake::cupcake::cake::cupcake:

My team is BT- Grimm- Gretel- Gretel- Gravemaker
I used to have magni in there but I decided to change it up.

4 Likes

@Perilin thank you! :wink:

2 Likes

Unlikely I’ll beat last stage, but I should manage the second with a decent board.

4 Likes

Boldtusk, Grimm, Gretel, LJ and Gormy (not in that order) made it much easier than last time. Few healing pots and arrows. Didn’t bring antidotes because I’m old and why would I need those?

5 Likes

Same team as last time but Super Grimm has some more emblems and “I’m average but it’s how I use it” Grimm has a recently aquired 4* mana troop:

@KnifeWonder, curious if you used Hu Tao in place of LJ this time around and what your results were. My finish looks much closer than last time but I didn’t feel like I was in any trouble, I just didn’t pull many red tiles for an extra heal in the final stage:

I went left to right and used a couple minor mana pots to trigger Gretel so that Elena didn’t fire. An enjoyable Trials.

Sir Lancelot gets the trainer, my third Avalon hero to go to max soon:

Looking forward to the new Avalon heroes, whenever that is. Grimm will probably go to +20 as he can use the extra health and def in my red raid stack.

7 Likes

Oooh yeah, just finished the last stage for the first time. Team was BT+9, Valen 3.50, LJ 3.49, Nashgar+12, Sumitomo 3.60. but had to make heavy use of items. Carrying antidotes for Azlars DoT proved wise, equally so the mana pods for LJ’s mana control and fast BT healing. Some bombs to hurt Elena while in Riposte and some healing potions for quick heal of endangered heros. Lost Nashgar in Wave 4 but could endure with BT being last man standing in the end.

2 Likes

Boldtusk, Misandra, Elena, Gravemaker, Panther. Nope. I didn’t even look at it when I autoplayed this morning.

None.

Took Gravemaker to Talent level 8. FINALLY.

Boldtusk2

Still feels like the ‘trickle’ of emblems is too slow, especially with the incoming (and stupid) costumes (dam they are stupid) and other ‘features’ that we have to collect like little friggn rabbits. I also really despise the costumes. I’d lodge a complaint about the amount of emblems, but it’d just go unnoticed.

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon + 2
  • Gormek +15
  • Grimm 4^70
  • Colen 4^70
  • Boldtusk 3^55

Compared to last time, Colen is maxed, Poseidon is up 2 talents, Gormek is up 3 talents, but most notably, Boldtusk finally came out of hiding and joined my roster. In terms of total power, he was exactly equal to the Valen +20 I used last time, so I switched him in for the healing. I had enough defense down, but the switch cost me a minor blue stack, which was non-negligible. One day, I will level a second Grimm for this trial, probably.

Mob waves were a piece of cake, as usual with this group of hitters. Entered the boss wave with all heroes ready to fire. I managed substantial damage to both Elena and Azlar, but unfortunately, both were able to fire. Really thinking about bringing Little John (currently too squishy at 3^54) next time, as I think just a little bit of mana control would give me the chance to take out one or both of these bosses before they fire. Colen got double teamed by regular attacks, which caused him to die. With all my heroes burning and no dispeller, I had to fire specials right into Elena’s riposte, which made pretty short work of Poseidon, though he took down Azlar in the process. Glass cannon Grimm didn’t last long either, and even my beefy build Gormek wasn’t able to withstand the attack. With only Boldtusk standing to combat a mostly dead Elena and a half-health or so Nashgar, I turned to axes (5) and bombs (4) for the win.

Barbarian emblems take Gormek to +16. Fighter emblems in storage for Boldtusk, who will also get Valen’s emblems once he is maxed. Trainer hero goes to the aforementioned Boldtusk.

4 Likes

Boldtusk.

Very helpful.

Maxed Rudolph replaced by 3/60 Little John.

Old Team:

New Team:

2 Healing Potions (1 should have been enough though) + 1 Axe Attack.

Saving it untill I have enough resources.

Still unused for now.

5 Likes

No items usef, all alive.
Emblems kept.
Mitsy had a meal.

Watch the boss battle.

6 Likes

Breezed through all three levels, no items used. Team composition:
Boldtusk - maxed + 10
Colen - maxed
Grimm - maxed + 8
Gretel - maxed
Little John - 4/34

2 Likes

Last Time I did not finish stage 3 (almost).

Now Team and Last Team has no big different except Boldtusk and Grimm is now maxed.

Use ultimate carpet bomb battle items (axes, bomb, dragon).

All *3 heroes are dead, only Boldtusk and Grimm is last standing.
Elena revive 2 times in a row.

Emblem Fighter keep for Poseidon later after max, Boldtusk has been +7 is good enaugh for now. Emblem Barbarian for Grimm, but now keep because lack of food.
Trainer keep for either Anzogh, Marjana or Scarlett or Colen.

3 Likes

Boldtusk / Kageburado / Lancelot / Gravemaker / Grimm

Used some items to help the squishy Lancelot and Grimm

2 Likes

This team make it easy…

4 Likes

This is my team that I did it with:

• Fighter Boldtusk and Fighter Delilah are excellent healer options, but of course not everyone has them. Do you have one of them available, and did you bring them along? If not, how did you manage the lack of healers?

Funny enough I have Boldtusk on my alt profile but not on my main. :joy::joy::joy: 4 star and 5 star healers are evading my main profile at the moment.

• The Barbarian and Fighter Classes have some big hitters — the “Strength” name for these Trials is no surprise. Did you find it helped to have some strong attackers for your team?

I have Grimm and Namahage. Namahage is my glass cannon while I use Grimm as a debuffer and my lone AoE hero is HuTao. Once I get Colen maxed though he is gonna replace Namahage. That way I can double stack the red with 4 stars.

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

Not really except that Grimm has a couple nodes in the talent grid now and the bleed DoT helps in stacking his damage.

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

Made it easier actually.

The usual, an antidote here, healing potion there. And a bunch of arrows.

Stockpiling for Colen when I max him out and saving my barbarian emblems for Grimm.

Didn’t beat stage 3. Teams still aren’t high enough.

Nothing of note.

4 Likes