🔵 [July 10, 2019] Trials of Strength Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Strength!

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Strength

This is the First of the Trials in the 6th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 6 hours earlier at 1:00:00 AM (01:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Strength?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Strength?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Strength?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Strength?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Strength

• Fighter Boldtusk and Fighter Delilah are excellent healer options, but of course not everyone has them. Do you have one of them available, and did you bring them along? If not, how did you manage the lack of healers?

• The Barbarian and Fighter Classes have some big hitters — the “Strength” name for these Trials is no surprise. Did you find it helped to have some strong attackers for your team?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Strength occurred:

3 Likes

I will go this route into battle. Same crew that I used last time. No healers leveled up in these classes ( I have no idea why I have not gotten around to it) so I go for quick kill and try to survive lol.

7 Likes

No Boldtusk? :scream:

3 Likes

Thinking of going with this team. Is it worth swapping in Boldtusk even though he is so low level? I could get rid of LJ and stack. I am actively leveling Boldtusk and Poseidon.

5 Likes

Interesting philosophical question. Green is not a particularly useful tile color in these trials, but a 50% mana slow is huge on slow heroes, giving you a lot more time to work. Azlar and Elena can be a mess if they go off. At least you can Antidote around a bunch of Azlar’s damage.

I don’t have LJ leveled, so it’s a non-issue for me. I tend to like the idea of a big damage boost for tiles and specials.

@zephyr1 you have both. How do you like to roll?

2 Likes

I know I used LJ on a trial before and found he hit really hard, even at 3/60. I hate to go back to my old habit of jumping projects, but I could shelf Buddy for now and ascend LJ. I was gonna do it eventually anyway and can just power level him with what I get overnight. Boldtusk will be slightly higher, too.

My other high level options include: Guardian Panther at 3/70, Khagan at 3/70, Gormek at 4/70, Hu Tao at 4/70, Boomer at 3/60

3 Likes

Well, one can always carpet bomb through a trial if necessary, so I don’t know that I’d make a big course correction on my plans on the basis of a trial.

I feel confident that in general, Buddy > LJ. But together, I’d imagine they’re pretty awesome, since Buddy protects LJ and boosts his damage too. For Rush Attack, LJ is really unpleasant to face.

3 Likes

@StephenNap89

Back in February, I used this team:

I had to use a few Battle Items, but nothing crazy.

Looking back at my few notes, it was pretty straightforward. So presumably a less leveled version of a team along these lines would do fine, and might just need some more carpet bombing.

5 Likes

I might try swapping Colen for Boldtusk. I feel like I need the healer.

I also have a fully maxed 5* and a fully ascended 5* in this team, so that helps. Grimm and then Poseidon should hit pretty hard.

1 Like

Hu Tao and LJ have been useful on my team for blinding and debuffing mana generation. Those both help a lot in mitigating damage taken to begin with.

(EDIT: and last time I doubled up on Grimm in place of LJ, since blue plus heavy hitting of 3 targets is useful here, especially with the non-Emblemed Grimm setting up a debuff for the Emblemed Grimm to smack.)

Boldtusk alone doesn’t really heal enough, so I’ve always used some minor healing too. In my more recent versions of that team, I’ve used a second maxed Boldtusk in place of Sumitomo — which helps with healing, but still needs some pots to supplement sometimes.

So I’d say having a healer will be hugely helpful, so you don’t run out of healing pots, particularly because you should carry Dragon Attacks and Bombs in case you need to nuke your way through the end, and you’ll want Antidotes to avoid being DoT’ed to death.

6 Likes

I think I’ll swap Boldtusk for Colen and bring dragon attacks, bombs, antidotes… maybe heals or mana. Probably heal. See how that works.

4 Likes

BT - Kage - Magni - Grimm - Azlar

3 Likes

This is what I use for this trial. The blue tile damage from the two Grimms really helps. Also, with BT’s attack increase and Grimms defense down, Colen hits quite hard. And last but not least, the blind from HuTao helps too. :slight_smile:

Edit: It felt quite easy this time. Went into the final stage with everyone charged up, and fired everyone immediately and used one bomb to keep the bosses attack down, Grimms are real squishy didn’t want to take any chances. After that just kept making gem matches and before I knew it everyone was dead. Nashgar fired once, Azlar died without firing once, and Elena fired right at the end when it was too late. Just attacked her through the riposte and she died. Used some minor healing potions on one of the Grimms. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Magni has grown from 3/70 to 4/67. BT is now +19 and with troops I could reduce his mana to 9 tiles. But maybe it would be better to use the troops on Azlar. Would be cool if I had 2 red mana troops, but whatever.

No big broblems against the bosses. Still used one arrow when all my heroes were low hp and only Elena with counterattack was still standing. Better safe than sorry.

Used the trainer on Marjana.
Fighter emblems are currently on hold until I max Magni. Maybe bringing BT to +20 would be worth it. Afterall I use him a lot for titans and he’s still in my 8-7 farm team, in my default raid team and in my defense team. Hmm. Well gotta wait anyway since I don’t have 70 fighter embs.
Babarian Emblems for Kage.

7 Likes

Nice. We have the same team. :wink:

1 Like

Still debating if i should use LJ instead of Hu. Thing is, LJ special should be awesome against the bosses but he’s green against 3 red bosses. On top of that Hu’s blinding aint no joke.

This was the team i used last time in June, still have to do Frostmarch last stage so i have to see when i can start this one:

4 Likes

Trial of slow AoE.
Used 1 antidote.

Nashgar not strong enough :wink:

6 Likes

This is my first lvl 30 trial. I don’t have a super strong team (3 3* :worried: ) but in Boldtusk I trust. I only got him recently and paired with LJ I hope I can manage the final bosses… We will see.

I could put some emblems on LJ but not so sure about it. I have some emblems waiting for Boldtusk as well, but I don’t know what route to take, but I will probably go with attack. If I dont get it in my first try, I will add the emblems (boldtusk to +7, LJ to +5) and see where it takes me. Wish me luck :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Same team as the last time, only this time BT is +6, Grimm is +6, Delilah emblem stepped up by +1

Item: one antidote potion.
Banking fighter emblems for Magni, barbarian emblems will go to Grimm, trainer to RedHood.

5 Likes