🔵 [Jul 29, 2020] Trials of Strength Teams – Share Yours & Discuss

It’s time for Trials of Strength!

This is the First of the Trials in the 17th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Strength

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Strength?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Strength?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Strength?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Strength?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Strength

• Fighter Boldtusk and Fighter Delilah are excellent healer options, but of course not everyone has them. Do you have one of them available, and did you bring them along? If not, how did you manage the lack of healers?

• The Barbarian and Fighter Classes have some big hitters — the “Strength” name for these Trials is no surprise. Did you find it helped to have some strong attackers for your team?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Strength occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Strength Discussions
4 Likes

Vanilla and costume only reminder for those participating! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I have Delilah, Elena, Atomos and Kingston for sure.

Thinking about the last one to bring to fight… Maybe 2nd Elena at 3/70

1 Like

This is my easiest one usually, because:

Jott +15 / Boldtusk +19 / Miki / Colen +12 / Grimm +14

I am maybe thinking remove Colen and add my second Boldtusk +2 instead.

2 Likes

NO Reset Token

Super easy haha.
No items used.
I was lucky with blues and blue diamonds for all bosses. I think the final stage boss took me less than 20 seconds to kill them :laughing:

Red Trainer used on my Jean-Francois

Stage 1+2 Boss screenshots too
Screenshot_20200729-080537_Empires

7 Likes

Made a change, brought in Jott for Gretel

And it turned out to be a favorable decision.

Softened up the bosses with Grimm, then fired Jott!
The resulting blue tiles were like bombs, 4 of them in the vertical dispatched Lion head. Another 3 sent Nashgar off!

Leaving the reposte queen at the center of the ice pressure.

Jott’s special made that significant difference, and as such no item used.

Barbarian emblems would go to the pile, but I am considering Jott to be worthy of some, Fighters saved for now, and the trainer goes to Noor.

9 Likes

I love Jott and use him in my 11* Titan fights, so I have him at +14. I WOULD put more on him but I only have 100ish remaining and want to save them for anyone else that may be worthy in the near future.

I RARELY use my Gretel who I have at +7, so will probably reset her.

Edit:
Here is my boss video. The first 10 seconds is me taking a screenshot, which you can see me trying. Then the fight lasts 22 seconds, then it’s the end result/rewards + me screenshot again.
This is at normal speed, not edited.

7 Likes

No changes (other than an emblem or two, and finishing Mok-Arr):

Boldtusk +18 / Kingston +10 / Elena / Mok-Arr +2 / Grimm +20

No problems, though I did use a couple of healing potions on Elena. Mok-Arr liked to charge himself right as the first boss fell, leaving him useless against Oberon, but the first two levels are no problem anyway. He made up for it on the third level. Elena’s riposte killed all three bosses.

Trainer is going to my second Wilbur, emblems to Kingston and Mok-Arr.

4 Likes

“All Vanilla” challenge of @Muchacho

Or mostly…

Team used:

Battle:
Used my health pots & an antidote (+ an axe); even then was a near thing lol… realised after that I had Magni (3-70) who could have gone in for Lancelot and contributed more… Oh well…

More: 🎭 Guvs YouTube Videos / Channel

Rewards
No reset token.

Emblems for GM and Killhare.

Trainer saved for now.

11 Likes

Finished! :slight_smile:

With this team:

Used a few small mana and small antidotes and two arrow attacks.

Emblems are for the 19th node for GM and for Fenrir (his first).

Trainer hero will stay on the bench for a little while since I’m leveling Fura and Jott at the moment.

Thanks and enjoy playing!

5 Likes

Took this used some items. End bosses picked on Kingston so lost him early on the final battle Poseidon took one for the team buy killing Nashgar.

Fighter to Kingston rest in storage

5 Likes

I Love :fire: V :fire:
Sad day though, very sad :sleepy:
Colen has been replaced by Tyr

Awesome set up this one

Result of gem going off :raised_hands:

Down went the big Boy followed by Junior

Counter couldnt stop me :fire: :fire: :fire:

Emblems for Tyr, trainer for Gazelle

6 Likes

another one, this is my 6th and i’m committed to doing this to the end :slight_smile:

not much change for me this trial, as my only eligible non-vanillas are Sir Lancelot and Malosi 3/70.

the costumes make a big difference, allowing me to bring costumed Joon and Sartana for sniping punch. Grimm is my only eligible blue, and Boldtusk my only healer (would be so afraid of this challenge without him). Elena to turn the bosses’ strength (heh) against them.

Elena was my first target as I have no answer to her own riposte, and I’ve suicided on riposte so many times before that I always plan when facing it (especially deadly given all the high-attack heroes I have along).

reached the boss stage without spells charged because of an unexpected cascade last mob that wiped out the enemies…

Azlar went off, used an antidote. then used mana pots to charge Boldy, Joon and Sarty, then tiles finished off Elena before she went off (she was close to charging). rest of battle was relatively uneventful, Nashgar maimed himself on Elena’s riposte. Azlar went off once again, but was finished off quickly by the Boldy/Grimm/Sarty/Joon pile-on

Fighter emblems take Elena to +6. Barbarian emblems banked for Malosi, I got nearly 300 now.

6 Likes

Frankly, since I have been playing till now, Jott would be my first maxed slow 4* hero, all regular slow 4’s are still at 3/60; quoting your word, I am just loving him…he is amazing on Red Titans when strategically set up.

3 Likes

My team:

No items used.

The new emblems will go to Malosi and Magni.

6 Likes

Gormeck +1 - enemy defense down
Nordri +8 - elemental defense down
Boltusk 3/60 - attack up + healer
Miki 3/50 - special attack up
Misandra 2/60 - just for strong color against the bosses

Fire that blue diamond on the board and it was game-over for the three bosses. It was a brutal slaughter. They hadn’t got the chance to fire their specials. They felt faster than the monsters in farmmap 8-7. Miki’s silence wasn’t needed.

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +10
  • Azlar 4^80
  • Boldtusk +c20
  • Gormek +20
  • Little John +20

Just like last time, Poseidon gained one (very expensive) talent compared to the previous iteration. That’s all. I’m itching to try Grimm/Magni in place of Gormek/Poseidon for some serious blue tile damage, but I just didn’t think they were ready yet. Grimm is at +11 and Magni is at 4^31. That’s still a lot of squishy, and I don’t have a great feel for Magni yet, anyway.

Mob waves were pretty easy. So easy, in fact, that for the second iteration in a row, I made a blunder in the last wave, entering the bosses with only Poseidon and LJ charged. I was able to recharge and fire my reds, and I took down Nashgar before he fired, but not Azlar, and once Azlar fires, you are on the clock (because I’m a doofus who always forgets to bring antidotes). Ended up needing two bombs and two dragons to finish. Annoyed with this result because if I’d had everyone charged going into the fight, I probably would have finished with no item usage. I can’t imagine I won’t be ready to try the Grimm/Magni combo next time, so we’ll see if that goes any better.

Not enough emblems to gain a talent for either Poseidon or Grimm. Trainer hero goes to Elena, who I guess I could also consider swapping in next time, but she would only help if the bosses fire, and the whole goal here is to make sure they don’t.

4 Likes

Switched things up a bit this time…

Can’t remember when I last went into this trial without BK - also left out my two Guardian Kong’s.

Ran instead with:
Miki, Delilah, Mok, Kage, Panther.

Still no trouble :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As Bubbles i tried something different this time.

Before i used

Boldstuk - Colen - Lancelot - Hu tao and Gretel

Today i did with

Bolstusk- Nordri- Jott 3/25 - Lancelot- Grimm

I did much better with that blue team even with a partially leveled Jott. What a wonderful blue we have there . Glad i have started to work on Jott because he made a difference even at those early levels.

I will keep the emblems for a bit but im thinking about giving barbarian ones to Jott

7 Likes