It’s time for Trials of Strength!
This is the first of the Trials in the 3rd Cycle!
NOTE: The Trial officially starts at 07:00 GMT. This post is scheduled to go live earlier at 06:50 GMT.
Increased Difficulty of the Final Stage
According to the Version 20 Release Notes, the Final Stage is now harder:
The big question is:
How much harder?
Trials of Strength previously had 3907 HP per Final Boss, and as of Version 20 now has 4080 HP per Final Boss.
We don’t know, however, whether there are corresponding changes in the Defense and/or Attack stats.
Did you notice any change in difficulty for the Final Stage?
- I have Version 20, and YES! It was much harder
- I have Version 20, and yes, it was a little harder
- I have Version 20, and yes…I think…maybe it was a little harder? Didn’t really seem any different.
- I have Version 20, and no, I don’t think I noticed a difference
- I don’t have Version 20 yet, but I think it seemed harder
- No, I don’t have Version 20 yet
This thread is for sharing and discussing your teams and results.
You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Strength occurred:
- [Feb 20, 2019] Trials of Strength Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!
- [Jan 16, 2019] Trials of Strength - first impressions
Trials of Strength allows Fighters and Barbarians
The bosses are Nashgar, Oberon, Azlar, and Elena
Monsters are green/nature and blue/ice
Final Boss HP
Version 19: Each boss in Stage 3 has 3907 HP
Version 20: Each boss in Stage 3 has 4080 HP
Thanks to @Duche for an updated Final Boss HP screenshot!
Trials of Strength was originally one of the middle-to-higher-HP sets of bosses, but nonetheless low enough to make carpet bombing/item nuking very practical if needed, particularly without a healer amongst them.
The 173 HP increase in each of the bosses is fairly modest — by comparison, Trials of Justice increased by 288 HP.
This small increase should not significantly change the viability of carpet bombing/item nuking if needed. At most, you may need to play through a few more turns to wait for Dragon Attack DoT and/or do additional tile damage.
@Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Strength:
NOTE: @madmarv is planning to create new video guides for the updated Class Trial difficulty as of the V20 release.
How did you do last time on Trials of Strength?
- Last time I beat all 3 stages
- Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
- Last time I beat just the first stage
- Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
- Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
How did you do this time on Trials of Strength?
- This time I beat all 3 stages
- This time I beat just the first 2 stages
- This time I beat just the first stage
- This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Strength?
- Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
- I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
- I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
- I just used some healing and/or mana pots
- I didn’t use any items
A helpful reminder from @Gryphonknight:
Share Your Team & Results!
Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!
Presuming you have Version 20, did you notice any change in difficulty from last time?
Did your team change notably since last time?
What items did you use, if any?
Unlike some of the Class Trials where no healers are available, or only ultra rare HOTM/Atlantis healers are available, Fighter Boldtusk is comparatively easier to obtain. Do you have Boldtusk, and are you making use of him for Trials of Strength?
The Barbarian and Fighter Classes have some big hitters — the “Strength” name for these Trials is no surprise. Did you find it helped to have some strong attackers for your team?
What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
Anything else interesting to share?