[Mar 27, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Strength Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Strength!

This is the first of the Trials in the 3rd Cycle!

NOTE: The Trial officially starts at 07:00 GMT. This post is scheduled to go live earlier at 06:50 GMT.

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of the start time, force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

Increased Difficulty of the Final Stage

According to the Version 20 Release Notes, the Final Stage is now harder:

The big question is:

How much harder?

Trials of Strength previously had 3907 HP per Final Boss, and as of Version 20 now has 4080 HP per Final Boss.

We don’t know, however, whether there are corresponding changes in the Defense and/or Attack stats.

Did you notice any change in difficulty for the Final Stage?

• I have Version 20, and YES! It was much harder
  • I have Version 20, and yes, it was a little harder
  • I have Version 20, and yes…I think…maybe it was a little harder? Didn’t really seem any different.
  • I have Version 20, and no, I don’t think I noticed a difference
  • I don’t have Version 20 yet, but I think it seemed harder
  • No, I don’t have Version 20 yet

0 voters

This thread is for sharing and discussing your teams and results. :slight_smile:

You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Strength occurred:

Overview

• Trials of Strength allows Fighters and Barbarians

• The bosses are Nashgar, Oberon, Azlar, and Elena

• Monsters are green/nature and blue/ice

Final Boss HP

Version 19: Each boss in Stage 3 has 3907 HP

Version 20: Each boss in Stage 3 has 4080 HP

Thanks to @Duche for an updated Final Boss HP screenshot!

Trials of Strength was originally one of the middle-to-higher-HP sets of bosses, but nonetheless low enough to make carpet bombing/item nuking very practical if needed, particularly without a healer amongst them.

The 173 HP increase in each of the bosses is fairly modest — by comparison, Trials of Justice increased by 288 HP.

This small increase should not significantly change the viability of carpet bombing/item nuking if needed. At most, you may need to play through a few more turns to wait for Dragon Attack DoT and/or do additional tile damage.

Guides

@Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Strength:

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here .

@madmarv has also been doing a video tutorial series for each Trial .

NOTE: @madmarv is planning to create new video guides for the updated Class Trial difficulty as of the V20 release.

Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Strength?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Strength?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Strength?

(hat tip to @CrimsonKing for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some healing and/or mana pots
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

A helpful reminder from @Gryphonknight:

Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

• Presuming you have Version 20, did you notice any change in difficulty from last time?

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• What items did you use, if any?

• Unlike some of the Class Trials where no healers are available, or only ultra rare HOTM/Atlantis healers are available, Fighter Boldtusk is comparatively easier to obtain. Do you have Boldtusk, and are you making use of him for Trials of Strength?

• The Barbarian and Fighter Classes have some big hitters — the “Strength” name for these Trials is no surprise. Did you find it helped to have some strong attackers for your team?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• Anything else interesting to share?

4 Likes

lol posted too soon!!! i had to restart my game just to see why i couldn’t see it yet :cry:

Still 5 minutes to go. :slight_smile:

lol way to play on my impatience :angry:

A 5 minute wait is about as little patience as E&P ever requires. :laughing:

1 Like

ain’t that the truth :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

I don’t think I noticed much of a difference TBH. What did they change?

1 Like

Valen swaped with second BT and Grimm finally with capes

2 Likes

The HP of each of the Bosses went up a small amount — 173.

There’s not really any easy way to know if the Defense and/or Attack stats were correspondingly increased without analyzing hits by and against the same heroes. Someone could certainly do that based on videos from last time and this time.

No, my team is getting better so the trials is getting easier, the change in difficulty do not impact me on this trials.

Considerably, I change Namahage with Azar for her mana cut but what change most is the level of my 4* heroes, in the last trial they were only at 3/60, now they are at 4/50-55:

10 mana potions, 5 arrows, 3 bombs, 1 dragon attack.

Yes, Boldtusk is my strongest hero, not only for this class.

It reduce the item consumption of carpet bombing.

When those 4* are maxed, Hu Tao will get one node, Boldtusk will get the remaining fighter emblems, Grimm will get all of the barbarian emblems.

3 Likes

Oberon needs to be flipped/mirrored or moved to the left of the screen.

Otherwise he’s just peering into the distance off screen as if he’s just seen a cloud that resembles a lewd vegetable

@Petri can you get this sorted, ta

1 Like

Same team like always: Boldtusk(+8),Grimm(+4),Kage(+1),LJ,Azlar. All fully leveled and aside from a few talent gains, no changes to last time.
Bosses weren’t noticeable harder. I lost Azlar at the end, but otherwise no problems. Elena revived herself 2 times and then instantly died to bleeding.
Maybe next time I have my Magni leveled enough to replace LJ, but I’m lacking the mats for the final ascension.
Fighter emblems go to BT. Don’t know what to do with babarians. I don’t use Grimm aside from red Titans and war. I gave Kage some emblems to unlock Bleeding, but raising him more will be very expensive.

Btw @zephyr1, you didn’t include any options for “only used antidotes”. I voted “just used some healing and/or mana”

1 Like

I wasn’t paying attention and lost Grimm befire the final battle but I had bombs so all was well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll update it for the next Trials to include antidotes in that list.

1 Like

The difficulty was negligibly higher and this Trial should be beatable by a 4-star team of classic heroes. I took 2 Grimms, Boldtusk, Gormek and Little John. Used some minor healing and mana pots. I remembered to bring LJ this time so only Nashgar was able to get one SS shot off.

This video jumps straight to the boss wave.

4 Likes

Thanks for the updated video!

This is definetly harder. The last time i have tried i only used some very cheap items like antidote, basic healing and mana potions.
This time I have to use dragon attack. ■■■■ SG for making us spent items.

Cookie Settings