🔵 [Oct 23, 2019] Trials of Strength Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Strength!

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Strength

This is the First of the Trials in the 9th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 3 hours earlier at 4:00:00 AM (04:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Strength?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Strength?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Strength?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Strength?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Strength

• Fighter Boldtusk and Fighter Delilah are excellent healer options, but of course not everyone has them. Do you have one of them available, and did you bring them along? If not, how did you manage the lack of healers?

• The Barbarian and Fighter Classes have some big hitters — the “Strength” name for these Trials is no surprise. Did you find it helped to have some strong attackers for your team?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Strength occurred:

8 Likes

had the same team from before
Delilah+9, GM+11, Kage 4.80, Miki 4.80, Missandra 4.80

was kinda easy fight i made a mistake and used all my skills in the wave before the boss and wasnt focused so ended with kage missandra and GM all dead when elena was the one alive so wasnt afraid
used antidoted to remove Azlar burn effect

emblems will go to Delilah and GM trainer hero will go to kingston

Reset Emblem: NO

7 Likes

Team - BT +11, Colen +3, Magni 4.80, Grimm +14, Miki @ 3.31…

I just beat the first 2 right now and am waiting to recharge for the last. Should be a cakewalk…

Oberon revived SIX TIMES on me in a row during my middle tier run. Lol. Grimms wound kept putting him down but he kept getting back up :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

This trial has always been kind of interesting. The fighter class is full of strong heroes, but while some of the most coveted heroes in the game are barbarians, they are also ultra premium and thus extremely rare. Healers are also few in number.

Last time my team seems to have been (with Misandra not maxed at the time):

No big changes this time around. Merely some tweaks to troops and I dropped the dragon attacks in favor of mana potions as I never use them in any of the trials but have brought them as insurance in the past.

Look mama, no items!

Even with just Boldtusk on healing duty, this trial ended up being quite easy. All thanks to Miki who prevented the bosses from going off even once thanks to his silence.

The emblems are going to go to Misandra, who is on my defense team.

10 Likes

I used Miki for the first time, along with 2 Grimm, Magni and BT. I took mana pots for Miki but I only needed to use a couple since he fired up a few times.

He was pretty awesome. I didn’t need any battle items for a change.

My other profile without Miki needed a lot of battle items.

8 Likes

Elena revived a few times but the bosses were toast, once Azlar fired his burn a few times.

Trainer and emblems safe in my inventory until I can decide who next to ascend.

Edit: Azlar has been such a good kitty snacks were given to him :smile_cat:.

7 Likes

All maxed with some talents.

Boss battle:

10 Likes

Same team
BT has gone up +1 and thats where he will stay
Need to accend Grimm #2
No items used

I didnt like the board to start with

Got rid of junior

Good ghosting, Elena revived by popped from Colens :fire:

7 Likes

Same team

LJ helped to control bosses’ mana but didn’t survive till the end.

Items : 5 minor mana potions, 1 Minor antidote and 2 healing pots.
Emblems and trainer would be saved in the inventory for now.

7 Likes

BT - Panther - Elena - Magni - Kage

8 Likes

With Grimm, BT, Yunan, Gretel and LJ it went smoothly.
Gretel and LJ kept the bosses from firing while Yunan, BT and Grimm did their damage. Used a few healing potions and an arrow but didn’t need much this time around.
Grazul ate the healer.

8 Likes

Ugh…dunno why I switched out the antidotes before…so I had to buy 2 continues, what a mess…

Gretel had to earn her emblems, but I think she didn’t sooo well. Maybe next time…
Oh I remember what happened: very few red tiles, not enough healing then from Boldie. So I think my other team would have done worse this time and Gretel was the better choice. Doesn’t change anything in the outcome :thinking:

Emblems to Gretel for her first node, fighter emblems stocked for a while, trainer goes to Drake.

My last team, that went well…

This time with Gretel, something went wrong…

7 Likes

Same team as last time, but Delilah and Kage both went up an emblem rank.

• On the bench: Lancelot, Gretel, Sumitomo, Magni, Kingston, Poseidon, Panther, BT 2, Hu Tao, Miki 3.70, Elena 3.70

Got to the bosses with everyone ready. The boards were not as kind as last time, and the bosses all went off. I had to burn some minor mana and antidotes for healing purposes.

Emblems go to Delilah and Kage. I’m not sure who gets the trainer yet (Elena and Grazul both need the ring I got from Umber).

Edited to add: why did I not bring Mr. Burnproof Kingston?!? Next time.

7 Likes

My options:

I went from Hu Tao to Lancelot for 2 rounds and now I might go with Little John next time to try out his mana cut. Lancelot was cool but I think HT or LJ’s specials have a better benefit. It was still pretty straight forward but didn’t go nearly as well as last time. I gotta remember to actually use the antidotes I bring to battle lol, it cost me my Gretel which was a dumb move.

7 Likes

@AngelOfDark666, Tank BT or Hu Tao. Tuck LJ and Grimm in on the wings for this one. They are very squishy. Plus health pots, arrows and bombs plus antidotes would have helped much more.
I had the same issue last time. Not enough healing. Luckily I brought both small/medium health pots. Still was rough with only antidotes and arrows

2 Likes

Boldtusk

I wish I can change one with dispeler…

Experiment with Magni instead of Little John…

Old Team:

New Team:

Not sure…

10 Healing Potions
4 Minor Mana Potions
5 Axe Attacks
1 Dragon Attack

Hu Tao…

Elena

I almost have another epic fail this time…
Elena revive and kill all my heroes but Boldtusk manage to revive with 1 HP which allow me to use some carpet bombing…
Thankfully, DoT only take damage after puzzle is moved (at the end of the turn) so my Boldtusk didn’t instantly killed by the burn after revive…

9 Likes

I exchanged Oberon for Hu Tao, used one Titanshield just before Azlar fired his special, but some how it was not necessary it seemed to me, because I think he ran into a counter-attack just before that. Seemed strange to me. Why would he attack and set of the special?!? With boldtusk all of my heroes were in good shape during the entire boss fight, somehow I managed to lose little John, it seems I didn’t take the fight too serious, because I never got near trouble and therefore my attention may have slipped.

5 Likes

Boldtusk Colen Grimm Grimm LittleJohn
Mana, antidote, turtle, bomb
Three turtles gave their lives on this expedition.

5 Likes

I had a big upgrade this time and was able to complete it for the first time. Last time I had Nashgar and no good 5th. I added a maxed Kage and Magni on the third tier who was just leveled since the trial on Sunday. I used just mana and health potions. I used the mana potions mostly to fire up Mangi and Kage. I finished the third stage on my first try but barely made it. One more turn and I would have been dead. Kage will get the Barbian emblems and Magni will probably get the fighter emblems once I can max him.

8 Likes