🪨 [MASTER] Sanctuary of Gargolyes Challenge Event – Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results

The Sancuary of Gargolyes Challenge Event!

NOTE: This thread is a MASTER thread & no longer is published specific to a given event appearing.

Start Time End Time Duration
Thursday at 07:00 UTC Monday at 07:00 UTC 4.0 days

Check out calendar and digital_calendar for dates on when the monthly challenge event is appearing.

Reflected Color
:leaves: Nature/ Green

Welcoming messages will be added here

:world_map: @cap’s Original Stage Guide

Credit: @Cap
Source: 🌟 Memento Challenge Events - #300 by cap

Rewards Summary

Credit: @Cap
Source: 🌟 Memento Challenge Events - #300 by cap

NOTE: Completion Rewards will be given even if the final stage is completed after the event ended, as long as it’s started before the event ends.

:world_map: Alternative Guides

Guide by @alonyor

Credit: @alonyor
Source: 🧪 Early Information on New "Sanctuary of Gargoyles" Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V48] - #6 by alonyor

Boss/Mob information by @cap

Click for Full Guide (Inc. Boss/ Mob HP's)

Guides by @Zartanis

Click for Guides

Credit: @Zartanis

Non-English Gude

Italian Guide by Daenerys92

Credits to @Daenerys92

Gargoyle Hero Use Bonus

The use of Gargolye Heroes in a given stage of the Sanctuary of Gargolyes Challenge Event will give a bonus to those heroes.

Specifically:

• Heroes of the Gargoyle family bypass the Elemental Barriers in this Challenge Event’s stages
  • Heroes of the Gargoyle family have increased attack, defense, and health (+20%) in this Challenge Event’s stages

Gargolye Special Gameplay

This feature is NEW and UNIQUE to the Sanctuary of Gargolyes.

:open_book: Event Rules

:gem: Summons Costs

Like all other Event Summon Portals, the Portal Cost is per below:

Single Summon

• 10 Challenge Coins
    OR
  • 300 Gems

10x Summon

• 2600 Gems

:game_die: Summoning Appearance Rates

Please note that Challenge Event Heroes are amongst the lowest odds of any Hero in the game. Even with a large number of Summons, you are very likely not to get Challenge Event Heroes, particularly 5*.

I highly recommend setting and sticking to a budget for Summoning to avoid overspending and frustration.

APPEARANCE RATES
Rare Classic Hero: 53.1%
Epic Classic Hero: 19.8%
Legendary Classic Hero: 1.5%

Rare Trainer Hero: 10.0%
Epic Trainer Hero: 1.0%

Rare Event Hero: 7.9%
Epic Event Hero: 5.7%
Legendary Event Hero 1.0%

BONUS DRAW
Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

Note: The addition of Trainer Heroes to the Portal Odds has come at the expense of Season 1 Odds. NO CHANGE has been made to the Challenge Event Hero Odds.
Share your thoughts on this addition here: Trainer Heroes in Event Portals -- Thoughts and Discussions

:money_with_wings: Analysis of Summon Appearance Rates

This table shows the cumulative probability of different Summon events, based on a total number of Summons (1x, 10x, 30x, 100x, 500x, 1500x). Based on 10,000 gems costing 99.99 USD, I have also added an approximate $ cost too.

Please note that NO occurrence is ever actually 100%; the 100% entries in the table below indicate cumulative probabilities sufficiently close to 100% that they are expressed as such for simplicity. All other numbers are rounded to the nearest 0.1%.

Occurence 1x
US$3.00
10x
US$26.00
30x
US$77.99
100x
US$259.97
500x
US$1,299.87
1500x
US$3,899.61
Get at Least 1 Gargoyle Hero (3*-5*) 14.6% 79.4% 99.1% 100% 100% 100%
Get at Least 1 of Any 5* Gargoyle Hero 1.0% 9.6% 26.0% 63.4% 99.3% 100%
Get at Least 1 Particular 5* Gargoyle Hero 0.17% 1.7% 4.9% 15.4% 56.6% 91.8%
Get at Least 1 of Any 4* Gargoyle Hero 5.7% 44.4% 82.8% 99.7% 100% 100%
Get at Least 1 Particular 4* Gargoyle Hero 1.9% 17.5% 43.8% 85.3% 100% 100%
Get at Least 1 3* Gargoyle Hero 7.9% 56.1% 91.5% 99.9% 100% 100%

Putting That In Perspective

• If 1 million players each spent US$26.00 to do 10 Summons, 206,000 of those players would NOT get ANY Gargoyle Heroes

• If 1 million players each spent US$259.97 to do 100 Summons, 366,000 of those players would NOT get ANY Gargoyle 5* Heroes

• If 1 million players each spent US$1,299.87 to do 500 Summons, 434,300 of those players would NOT get a particular Gargoyle 5* Hero

Summary Graphic of Portal Odds

See below amazing summary graphic by @Dorkus showing what odds you can really expect from the various summons portals in the game:

:link: Related Threads

Related Info:

Hero Threads:

19 Likes

@Daenerys92

Can post your graphic here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m kinda mistified as to why this event reflects green? Based on the bosses only one of them is weak to the color and it isn’t even the strongest one.

2 Likes

Alright, I hope have the gameplay details correct. Here is my guide @PlayForFun with the HP version to come once I play through it since details of HP most likely change. I will also add waves info to both come Thursday.

8 Likes

Thx, I have added it to the OP.

1 Like

Just so everyone knows, if they haven’t heard, Hohenwerf will NOT be in the first Gargoyles event.

5 Likes

Only in portal. Might be as stage boss

I am expecting ihim as a boss.
I have tried asking about this from Staff, but so far I have not received any answer from them.

1 Like

Is the idea behind not releasing Hohenwerf with the first Gargoyles event to milk it later when they add a second round of event hero’s? He seems to be sought after by many.

1 Like

i think its because of how much more powerful the mindless fiend was.

2 Likes

Was thinking the same, we can also see another Gargoyle on the release picture, so we know they finished another herodesign. I suspect something like they did on Clash of Knights. First the Wolf Family and then the Raven Family. Keep the whales pulling twice :slight_smile: I fear the same for the Styx Family heros aswell, they will need their counterpart maybe Olymp family, we‘ll see :grin:

3 Likes

I put together a guide and take a look at all the new incredible heroes here:

13 Likes

The banner shows Gaillard with another Gargoyle that does not seem to be included in the group that has been presented for the premiere of the event. Does this mean there might be more heroes added to this in the future or is the banner just a fluke?

1 Like

You can always rely on Old Cynic to do an in-depth analysis of events and heroes with a comedic touch. Great job, as usual.

7 Likes

Guide by @Daenerys92

4 Likes

Last level on Rare… difficulty level is out of the roof there IMHO. I tried 3 times and failed, has to use gems as I had 2 chests on that level. Bosses are really powerful and their passive are really hard to overcome.

7 Likes

What is it with SG and final level bosses. Cruise through stages 1-9. Stage 10 two specials go off and my entire team is dead.
The Purple boss in particular is a beast!

Completed on 2nd attempt, maybe I just needed the extra hit after sleepwalking through the first 9 stages

4 Likes

As always I just want to complete those challenges, I don’t care about scores. I managed to beat stage 10 with C. Hawkmoon, C. Renfeld, Pixie, Bauchan and Jarvur. Mana controllers helped me to survive, I could beat it in a first attempt.
Will see if I’ll be able to finish epic and legendary so easily…

Ah, and I did 4 summons with saved coins - all food…

2 Likes

try blue team with EDD DD ATTUP… yada…

1 Like

Alrighty then here we go…
my first attempt to snag a Gargoyle

Summary

The second time was a little better…got a 5* …

Summary

And finally :drum:

Summary

c’est la vie

20 Likes