🦸‍♂️ El Duque - 5* Fire / Red from Sanctuary of Gargoyles

New Sanctuary of Gargoyles Hero is released: El Duque

This thread is for discussing strategy related to El Duque, as well as your thoughts on him.

El Duque

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Monk
VF
Very Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 896 841 1596
4/90 1026 962 1826
Origin Family
Sanctuary of Gargoyles Gargoyle
Image Aether Power Description
counterattack Counterattack At the start of each battle, this Hero counterattacks with 60% of the damage received for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Gargoyle’s Stoneskin
Every time this Gargoyle casts a Special Skil, their Stoneskin hardens. The next 2 times they receive damage, it is dropped to 1. This effect can’t be dispelled.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Fists of Atonement
  • Deals 355% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
  • Stack (Max: 10): The target and nearby enemies get -9% defense.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Gargoyle family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

Immune to Poison damage / Immune to Poison and Burn damage / Immune to Poison and Burn and Water damage

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

June 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to El Duque from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Sanctuary of Gargoyles Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v48]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of El Duque ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on El Duque.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to El Duque and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is El Duque worth summoning for?

• Would you use El Duque on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with El Duque ?

• What heroes would you take when facing El Duque as an opponent?

• Would you give El Duque Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of El Duque’s character design?

• If you Summoned El Duque and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned El Duque, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of El Duque when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about El Duque, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving El Duque (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving El Duque), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning El Duque.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get El Duque by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get El Duque by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get El Duque by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get El Duque by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get El Duque by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get El Duque

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get El Duque by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get El Duque

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

6 Likes

Feedback Poll - El Duque (post release)

:question: Is El Duque worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of El Duque would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think El Duque’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Defense Debuffer (Stack)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of El Duque compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does El Duque’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match El Duque’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is El Duque worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think El Duque is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think El Duque is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is El Duque worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem El Duque then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

3 Likes

he hits decently hard, but he fits more into an attacking role than a defensive one

Has stacking defense down that also stacks with regular defense down AND never goes away. Must have for green titans, especially Mythic one. Otherwise handy for stalling teams that have Taunter and a strong tank: he puts stacks on enemies until their defense is completely crippled. I like.

8 Likes

I would absolutely hate getting another monk. Santa, c Leo, Elizabeth, Hanitra, Azmia…can’t give emblems to all of them in years

1 Like

Yes, defense down stack is combined with defense down status ailments so you can do more defense down than earlier.

I could even reach +10 stack on a normal titan when I wanted in Beta.
So it definitely usable for Mythic titan.

2 Likes

This is where I liked the idea of him. The 8% defense stack is not really a difference maker. But those that dislike long fights may want to invest in el duque. If you face a super defensive team you can use el duque to play the long game until the stacks are high enough to take out the enemy.

3 Likes

Yeah this strategy sounds good. In the meantime, just need to survive long enough to get DD down to at least 50% combined.

That’s why I said for long fights against defensive (maybe passive would be better) teams.

1 Like

Hope to get him. He and arco looks really good design wise

1 Like

You can reach 10 stacks in 90 seconds? That sounds almost impossible to achieve unless you pot dump like crazy.

His artwork:

Was happy to get him on my very first pull of the event. I was shocked

5 Likes

Do you guys have any solution when this very fast monster comes as a tanker? This is my scenario. What do you think about it? This one will be one of the most difficult tankers in this scenario. This one will fire with very fast speed. And then this guy will be the stone. To remove the stone you have to dump some tiles to this guy, and it will make him trigger again and it will become stone again. Is there any counter skill for this stoneskin passive? You can use Onyx, Costumed Sabina, fiends of Lu Bu or Mist to prevent these gargoyles from being stone. And only one hero can dispel the stoneskin, and it is Guardian Chameleon. Will these heroes be real good counter for this monster, which has very fast speed? Is there any other good hero for dealing with this passive? I just want to know some strategies. Any suggestions do you guys have? Thanks.

Sobek/Ranger/Cobalt etc can bypass Stoneskin

3 Likes

Minions can be good at removing the stoneskin (however you can get a bit unlucky if none of the minions hit the right target)

1 Like

His stoneskin is only 1 hit, so it’s considered balanced. Just dump a 1 chain on him and it should be enough actually. Or small passive damage would really work against these gargoyles

1 Like

I found out that El Duque is a monk, so it can resist Mist, Costumed Sabia and Onyx.

Which talent path is best for him? Attack/Defense or Health? I was thinking def/health

Not sure why this hero is getting so much hate, his very fast speed plus his defensive don stack seems like he’ll be pretty awesome

3 Likes

I don’t think players hate him and I too think he is a good damaging hero, it’s just that he is the most balanced of the bunch.

1 Like