🦸‍♂️ Budatín - 3* Dark / Purple from Sanctuary of Gargoyles

New Sanctuary of Gargoyles Hero is released: BudatĂ­n

This thread is for discussing strategy related to BudatĂ­n, as well as your thoughts on him.

BudatĂ­n

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star:
Rare
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Wizard
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55 567 569 827
3/60 700 703 1022
Origin Family
Sanctuary of Gargoyles Gargoyle
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Gargoyle’s Stoneskin
Every time this Gargoyle casts a Special Skil, their Stoneskin hardens. The next 4 times they receive damage, it is dropped to 1. This effect can’t be dispelled.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Abiding Dogma
  • Alters the power of all Dark shields on the board. When an attacking Hero casts the special, the shields become enhanced and give +37% more mana. When a defending Hero casts the special, the shields become weakened and give -30% less mana.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Gargoyle family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

Immune to Poison damage / Immune to Poison and Burn damage / Immune to Poison and Burn and Water damage

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

June 2022

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to BudatĂ­n from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Sanctuary of Gargoyles Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v48]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of BudatĂ­n ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on BudatĂ­n.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to BudatĂ­n and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is BudatĂ­n worth summoning for?

• Would you use BudatĂ­n on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with BudatĂ­n ?

• What heroes would you take when facing BudatĂ­n as an opponent?

• Would you give BudatĂ­n Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of BudatĂ­n’s character design?

• If you Summoned BudatĂ­n and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned BudatĂ­n, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Budatín when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Budatín, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Budatín (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Budatín), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Rare Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Rare Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 33.2% chance of summoning BudatĂ­n.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 55 times out of 100, you’ll get BudatĂ­n by pull 20 (5,200 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get BudatĂ­n by pull 75 (19,700 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get BudatĂ­n by pull 115 (30,100 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 45 out of every 100 people won’t get BudatĂ­n by the 20th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::zero: times, 446,630 of those players wouldn’t get BudatĂ­n * 5 out of every 100 people won’t get BudatĂ­n by the 75th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :seven::five: times, 48,675 of those players wouldn’t get BudatĂ­n
  • 1 out of every 100 people won’t get BudatĂ­n by the 115th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :one::one::five: times, 9,710 of those players wouldn’t get BudatĂ­n

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

7 Likes

Feedback Poll - BudatĂ­n

:question: Is BudatĂ­n worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of BudatĂ­n compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How many copies of BudatĂ­n is it worth keeping & levelling?

Note this will be roster dependent & not the same for all players.

• None (zero)
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four +

0 voters

:question: How does Budatín’s Special Skill match Budatín’s Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think Budatín’s Primary Purpose is?

• Tile Enhancer (Offense)
  • Tile Nerfer (Defense)

0 voters

:question: Is BudatĂ­n worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think BudatĂ­n is best suited on defence (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think BudatĂ­n will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

:question: What do you think is BudatĂ­n worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem BudatĂ­n then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

3 Likes

If this is all he does, I don’t see why he is average speed. Very underwhelming. Imagine using him as the only dark in the team. He fires his special which does no damage, no heal, no minion, no status effect, no buff, no dispel, no cleanse, but he does get to fire his special again faster!

Edit: I mean, obviously you would use him with other dark heroes, but it seems like he should do something by himself

6 Likes

On offense, this hero is completely worthless if not used in stack, since all it makes is to charge himself faster. But Gramps does similar things and while he is slower, he does it for entire team, plus a chance to revive. He may be useful in defense to slow down Treevils and so but again, works only against purple, while Ei-Dunn is the same speed and slow 3 (or 2) targets, regardless of color, while also doing damage. Meh. Even at Very Fast it would be crap. But I would keep one until the inevitable buff before next Sanctuary will come.

7 Likes

Good strong consistent feedback in the polls! Will SG listen, who knows.

1 Like

I will be useful against yellow titans since I don’t have Karnov

1 Like

His special give extra mana on tiles not extra atk. So it’s totally different and it’s useless against Yellow Titans.

6 Likes

These 3* heroes are dreadful. Absolutely useless. And of course this waste of space will be the only one I pull

4 Likes

No chance. $G have got more important things to worry about than some measly 3*, there’s new cash cow 5* to be pumped out

Fact. I misread it. Thanks

If this guy was v fast, he might have some really niche uses and can legit be used in titans. But now it’s what the point of this hero? Love the name though

I just pulled both underwhelming 3*s. I guess they’re joining Vlad in the “keeping out of principle” corner of my roster together with Salmon Loki and Valeria.

3 Likes

Ditto. The good thing about pulling him is that I have other purples to level, so I won’t feel like I need to level him - neither for completion nor for use - at least until later

The only use i can think of for this guy is if you are running a yellow tank in a Tournament he would potentially help by reducing the amount of damage tiles would do…

But its a very limited use.

1 Like

Completely useless. Noril, Maeve, Treevil, and other heroes completely dominate the 3* tournaments and challenges. Those heroes are so borderline OP they pretty much one-shot any opponent. So I guess we’ve reached the limit and they can’t possibly release anything stronger, so now we need to find more interesting mechanics to breathe life into new heroes. This new gargoyle hero isn’t innovative in any way however. No damage, a useless special, nobody will level him. Not a big deal since he is a 3* hero but yeah, just wanted to point it out.

2 Likes

This hero is s a pure joke.

1 Like

Pulled him, yeah! Then trying think how I could use him… food?
Think they missed a line or 2 off his special

8 Likes

I think the developer for this particular hero was on coffee break when they snatched this unfinished concept off his desk and submitted it for release. Just my luck I got 3 copies!

So can we assume that this is the worst 3* Hero from all? Even S1 3* is way better and impact more.

You can just throw tiles when he is a tank. Just don’t bring Purple then you can throw all the tiles at him like forever…

5 Likes

Hey, they dont seem to like when we make great heroes under 5* and we end up nerfing them. If we dont nerf them, they just complain. All that whining about Treevil is getting old anyway. Never again! Lets just make useless turds! This way we can draw them in with kalo and the 5 stars. Nerf kalo. Then we count the loot and laugh at the suckers!

1 Like