🦸‍♂️ Bellerive - 4* Holy/Yellow from Sanctuary of Gargoyles

New Sanctuary of Gargoyles Hero is released: Bellerive

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Bellerive, as well as your thoughts on him.

Bellerive

Rarity Element Class
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Rogue
Mana Speed Attack Defense Health
A
Average
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
Origin Family
Sanctuary of Gargoyles Gargoyle
:hourglass: Ability: Gargoyle’s Stoneskin
Every time this Gargoyle casts a Special Skil, their Stoneskin hardens. The next 4 times they receive damage, it is dropped to 1. This effect can’t be dispelled.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Sanction of Heresy
  • Deals 420% damage to the target.
  • If the target dies, the excess damage is dealt to each nearby enemy.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

** Gargoyle family**
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

Immune to Poison damage / Immune to Poison and Burn damage / Immune to Poison and Burn and Water damage

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

June 2022

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Bellerive from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Sanctuary of Gargoyles Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v48]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Bellerive ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Bellerive.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Bellerive and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Bellerive worth summoning for?

• Would you use Bellerive on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Bellerive ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Bellerive as an opponent?

• Would you give Bellerive Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Bellerive’s character design?

• If you Summoned Bellerive and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Bellerive, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Bellerive when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Bellerive, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Bellerive (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Bellerive), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Epic Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 17.5% chance of summoning Bellerive.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 69 times out of 100, you’ll get Bellerive by pull 20 (5,200 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Bellerive by pull 156 (46,800 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Bellerive by pull 240 (62,400 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 31 out of every 100 people won’t get Bellerive by the 20th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::zero: times, 309,196 of those players wouldn’t get Bellerive
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Bellerive by the 156th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :one::five::zero: times, 56,280 of those players wouldn’t get Bellerive
  • 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Bellerive by the 240th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::four::zero: times, 10,013 of those players wouldn’t get Bellerive

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Bellerive (post release)

:question: Is Bellerive worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Bellerive would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: Bellerive’s Primary Purpose is dealing damage?

:question: What do you think of Bellerive compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Bellerive’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Bellerive worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Bellerive is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Bellerive is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Bellerive worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Bellerive then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

2 Likes

Pulled im gonna max … I got ,© white rabbit so they could do some damage together… lvl 17 mana troop + rouge node is nine tiles …

If anyone has tried them two lettuce know …

3 Likes

They works well together but it’s the most basic of 1-2 hit combo.

That made me laugh “lettuce know” goes great with spring onions :smiley:

2 Likes

Got him/her/it together with Arco in a ten-pull. Probably doing the 3-Kingdoms overheal-lady first, though. (Too many new heroes. Can’t keep the names straight.)

Screenshot_20220514_092027_com.smallgiantgames.empires

Got him… All of them are great. I will break him and give emblems.

1 Like

Pulled Bellerive in a coin pull. Is he/she any good?

2 Likes

These polls might have your answer

6 Likes

I had been through that before posting but not what I’m looking for. I would like to hear some personal opinions based on experience.
Quite frankly, I found him/her to be meh!

1 Like

I got bell, but i won’t level for a while. I’m not impressed on The surface, but i did get 3 kalo’s… So I’ll probably pair them together in 4* raids tournaments.

1 Like

I am not going to level Bellerive.
I do not spend anymore to satisfy Zynga/SG GREED. I stopped spending due to the incessant ‘grab’ tactics (releasing heroes & then nerfing them). C Krampus was the final nail in the coffin.
So, Bellerive is gonna warm the bench for quite some time

2 Likes

I got her just today, and could not test her properly yet. But I lack 4* yellow heavy hitter and she hits very hard for 4*, even if she’s average speed. If she kills her target the residual damage is done to her flanks (actually here I am not sure - wording implies that excess damage is done to each flanks, ie. it is essentially duplicated. I need to test this). She also resists Poison but that is not that essential, as there are really few heroes that spread poison (though with Rayne that can change). More importantly she gets 3 hits reduced to 1 after casting her special, which is one of instances where slower speed is better, as for +1-2 tiles you get +1 hit resisted when comparing Average Gargoyle with Fast.

TL;DR: So she deals a lot of damage, if it kills target does some damage to flanks. Also resists 3 hits after casting SS, meaning she can also tank damage. Resists Poison when not with other Gargoyles, which might be handy to break chain in poison spreading from Rayne.

I think I will ascend her just because her damage is never wasted unless she kills last target and has good tanking properties.

3 Likes

I think he pairs well with Grimm who hits the middle hard and minor to the sides with DD.

I’m needing to decide between her and Griffin for my next yellow. Who would you take?

I hurriedly leveled him for the war.
He has become one of my favorite heroes because my yellow roster is so weak and war opponents are very often purple tanks.
Gargoyle’s stone skin allows it to survive long enough in combat with LB 5*, and his class is rogue, which boosts survival.
When his skill is combined with DD and EDD, he deals about 800 damage to the target and nearby enemy.
If I get another one at the next Gargoyle event, I will probably level it too.

8 Likes

I love how nobody gave 2 craps about this hero

3 Likes

Makes sense that that’s one of the ones I pulled… lol.

1 Like

Bellerive is awesome!
I combine it with Arco. The hits are very hard and the side-kick if the target dies is phenomenal. The extra damage is not split over the two neighbors, but both get the full package. And it’s a Gargoyle, the Stone Skin is simply great. I’m using this one over some 5* yellow hitters like Leo, Bai Yeong and even sometimes over Uraeus. His stats are quite similar to fully emblemed Uraeus…

10 Likes

I pulled bellrive i should prob level above griff

2 Likes