:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 770 841 1443
4/90 881 962 1651
Origin Family
Guardians of Teltoc Guardians
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Elemental Magic
  • Removes all dispellable and undispellable status effects from all enemies.
  • Changes the element of all enemies to the element they are strong against for 4 turns.
  • All allies get +54% attack for 4 turns.
  • All allies get +36% critical chance for 4 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Guardian Chameleon received a small buff in May 2020 to increase the duration of the Element Change debuff from 3 turns to 4.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on General Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Official Announcement: May 2020 Balance Update - Details & Release Notes

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2% chance of summoning Guardian Chameleon.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 18 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Chameleon by pull 100
  • 63 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Chameleon by pull 500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Chameleon by pull 1500
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Chameleon by pull 2300

Putting that in Perspective

• 82 out of every 100 people won’t get Guardian Chameleon by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :one::zero::zero: times, 820,000 of those players wouldn’t get Guardian Chameleon

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Guardian Chameleon by the 1500th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :one::five::zero::zero: times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Guardian Chameleon

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

Balance Changes:

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Guardian Chameleon

Link to initial release polls: linky link

:question: Is Guardian Chameleon worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Guardian Chameleon would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Guardian Chameleon’s Primary Purpose is?

• Crit Buffer
  • Complete Cleanser
  • Element Flipper

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Guardian Chameleon compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Guardian Chameleon’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Guardian Chameleon worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Guardian Chameleon is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Guardian Chameleon is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

2 Likes

Previous Discussion Threads:
will update / add more as they pop up

This or that threads:

3 Likes

Just pulled him using coins and not sure what to think of him? Would he be worth ascending over Kadilen or Margaret?

2 Likes

Had him at 1/1 for ages (one of my first 5*), but I won’t level him for long. I think he can be extremely good in VERY specific circumstances but he’s so niche that I don’t think he’s worth it before you have a good amount of other greens.

IMO, level Kadilen first. She’s also got a costume which seems to be very good.

That said, people who have used him more might have different views.

@Guvnor

Is it on purpose that these threads are now placed in player guides instead of gameplay & tactics as before?

Hopefully the game developers may take another look at Chameleon to see if used in the game anywhere.

If healing was added as a buff (similar to Gazelle), Chameleon could potentially be a very interesting (perhaps frustrating) tank.

2 Likes

Ones in #gameplay-help-tactics are the “brand new hero” thread. The #player-guides ones are second go round (onwards).

2 Likes

Pulled him but frankly I don’t see a use for him at all. If you could the target the elemental change, it would be better.

1 Like

Chameleon would be so much better if you could target one enemy, make him have better tank stats with healing, or if he would switch both allies and enemies colors. At least if he switched both you could use him on Titans for the buff and access to different color shields. He’s not worth it as he is.

3 Likes

I still have him from last time.

Has anyone actually sussed out how to use him yet? :joy:

1 Like

Margaret after buff is really not a bad hero at all. She’s certainly no big damage dealer, but she does pick off those stragglers. But her dodge is impressively good now.

I think that Guardian Chameleon is a really cool idea, but in practice of limited usefulness. And it’s just funny watching him flail on the boss levels in Teltoc – “Ha ha, Balthasar, I have made you yellow! Quake in fear!” “You do realize that I just used all the purple tiles and have a sea of yellow in front of you now?” Had one battle where I went from 3-2 purple/red to 3/2 yellow/green to 3/2 purple/blue, always having all the tiles I wanted of my new colors…

4 Likes

Worst hero of all.
Funniest hero of all.

Crazy suicidal…

IMO, he is by far the cutest hero we have. I love his artwork but his ability is such a flop. I like that they took a risk with a new idea but it’s just so unhelpful. He tends to help me more when he’s on the enemy side because i just exhausted my tiles and now get to use the ones i didn’t want to use.

I wish he was more in the vein of a 5* Cheshire. Switch up the tank to a wing so it becomes less useful and poison everyone badly.

4 Likes

He is to niche, Margaret is awesome after the buff… and extra fast. I’d ascend her first

I pulled Chameleon last Teltoc. I wasn’t really happy because my only other green 5 star was Margaret to that time, who was aweful back then. I was more excited about Elkanen from TC 20 a few days later. Now I also have Telly maxed and Lianna soon to be maxed (4.31 currently). And then I am actually looking forward to lvl Chameleon. I was disappointed because when I got him, because I needed green heroes with more overall-usabiltiy. But now as I have some, I think Chameleon could be a fun hero to play with… his special is really out of the box and requires some more strategy. That makes him interesting. And I have a :heart: for the outsiders :wink:

1 Like

Chameleon is one of the better support heroes in the game. I posted this in the previous thread:

And since then I’ve gone on to ascend him and give him emblems. The change to 4 turns on the color shift was a bit disappointing, but he is still on of the best attacking support heroes available.

Again, for people who don’t quite see it, the color shift is neutral or positive for 4 of 5 colors, and the one that it’s negative for is already weak to green.

I don’t get why he’s so overlooked.

6 Likes

Seems like the color change is going on the wrong direction. Why would red change to green?

For example, if you raid against a blue tank team, you would naturally flank with one or two reds. So in a green stack against blue tank team, after killing the blue tank with green tiles, wouldn’t you want to turn the reds flanks into blues to utilize your green stack?

Red should change to blue, not green. Should change to weak element, not strong element.

6 Likes

Stop nitpicking on color change alone. It is a disruption. You don’t get the effect alone, and you need both aoe dispel and aoe cleanse to undo what GC does, or you are in a big disadvantage, even if color change is in opponents favor.
You can use him in a rainbow setting to minimize color change side effects.

Bringing him in with any mono color stack is only advisable against specific titan, where you don’t have any respective options. Even so you will need mana pots, etc to use him timely and not worry about filling him along with the strong color.

Using mono in raids is gamble in itself regardless of x hero within team.

1 Like

This is a thread about Guardian Chameleon. Element change is his defining feature. And it’s not like I’ve been going on and on about it. Are you kidding me?

6 Likes

I don’t have him, but I agree he is nice to come up against. Especially when you play mono. I have been running mono on the event with all dark heroes. Several times he switched them to all holy right when I had cleared the last of the purples from the board and had a nice stack of yellow. I would clear those and then fire Rigard to switch back.

2 Likes