:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 648 856 1598
4/90 741 980 1828
Origin Family
Guardians of Teltoc Guardians
Image Aether Power Description
mana-boost Mana Boost At the start of each battle, this Hero receives a small amount of mana over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Stately Retribution
  • Deals 300% damage to all enemies.
  • Damage is increased by 60% per dead ally.
  • The caster gets +46% defense for 5 turns.
  • The caster regenerates 915 HP over 5 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

NOTE: This image hasn’t been updated yet with the May 2020 Balance Update

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Guardian Owl received a slight buff in May 2020.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on General Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Official Announcement: May 2020 Balance Update - Details & Release Notes

Apr 2024

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many Summons are needed to get this Hero?

It’s important to remember that Heroes have low Summoning odds. No amount of Summoning will guarantee a Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2% chance of summoning Guardian Owl.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 18 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Owl by pull 100
  • 63 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Owl by pull 500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Owl by pull 1500
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Owl by pull 2300

Putting that in Perspective

• 82 out of every 100 people won’t get Guardian Owl by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 820,000 of those players wouldn’t get Guardian Owl

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Guardian Owl by the 1500th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 1500 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Guardian Owl

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

:link: Related Threads

Balance Changes:

Old Information/ Discussion Threads:

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Guardian Owl (post release)

Is Guardian Owl worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many Guardian Owls would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

What do you think Guardian Owl’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Damage & Support Hybrid
  • Attack Oriented Support hero (Buffer)
  • Defence Oriented Support Hero (Buffer)
  • General Support Hero

0 voters

What do you think of Guardian Owl compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Guardian Owl’s Special Skill match her Base Stats?

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Guardian Owl worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Guardian Owl is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Guardian Owl will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

So anyone actually have owl maxed have any input on this hero? Just pulled the bird and cant help but wondering about putting the bird in one corner and mother north in the other corner

I faced 4.80+8 Guardian Owl in raids and took screenshots in order to record his SS damage on ideal conditions. Hope it is the kind of feedback you are asking for!

Personally I don’t think hes worth leveling over 1.01.

2 Likes

He has terrible stat distribution and the mana speed punishes him too hard. So what that he has potential to deal 475% AOE dmg when with his attack this does nothing but tickle. And that’s knowing there are no team mates left to finish the job. Interesting concept, terrible execution, terrible hero overall. I have one at 3 70 and two at 1 1. He is my Guardian Nightmare. Needs Aegir treatment but better have him terrible so people keep chasing Panther (and now Gazelle)…

4 Likes

Thank you… this is what I was looking 4… my thinking is putting him in one corner and mother north in the other… making the attacker choose which obstacle they have to deal with… maybe not the best hero but I think I’m gonna see what I can get out of him plus he is my only druid

1 Like

I like Guardian Owl. I always have. Sadly with Bosswolf (and now Alby), my druid emblems are spoken for.

1 Like

He is the first 5* I drew so I’ve had him for a while and used him everywhere. Of course I’m going to think he’s better than most other people… but over a decent sample size, I think he’s particularly underrated in war defense, depending on the level of alliances you’re facing. After keeping track for a while, my war defense has burned a surprising number of flags bc of Owl left standing. It could be that the opponents faced underrated him and the need to target him first; it could be that their benches weren’t deep enough to kill him; it could be their boards just stunk. Either way, he’s done his defense job well.

Not the greatest but not the worst either when I used him for a while on raid attacks (as he was my only 5*)- it gave me the potential to go up against teams way higher than me, find him last standing vs 3 remaining heroes (sometimes even 4!), and still win.

Really it depends what other options you have probably. Everyone probably hates him (and I loved him) bc they compare him to other 5*s. I wouldn’t even say he’s that much worse if you use him right in certain contexts… but yeah, he’s not quite as good.

At the very least, I wish they’d make his special “slow” instead of “sloth-like”…

Side note: the animation on his special is soooo slow, which makes him pretty useless for titans, events, and obv farming.

4 Likes

I have him at 4.80 without emblems and he does have a few uses.

Probably his best use is as a “bench stretcher” if you don’t yet have a full 30-hero roster for war. Since he becomes more powerful as his allies die, Owl pairs well with weaker 3* or 4* heroes that will almost assuredly die before Owl. Deal damage or apply debuffs using the weaker heroes, then follow up with a super-powered Owling.

He’s also useful in rush tournaments and class quests if you don’t have a lot of druids.

Otherwise, he’s not terribly useful, and I wouldn’t recommend using materials on him unless you have at least 18 darts and literally no other yellow 5*.

5 Likes

How really bad is Owl???

I got him trying for other Guardians, next week (exactly the 15th) it will be a year playing the game, have not been lucky getting yellow *5, actually Musashi was my first *5 overall, I was reluctant to max Musashi but once I got 12 darts and since did not have any other yellow projects decide to give him a try. He is not Poseidon, Joon or Drake but at least he is fast and with higher attack stats, his SS is not impresive at all, but he has paired pretty well with my Jackal, he has been useful on titans and raids, so I am ok with darts invested on Musa…

But now once again no more yellow projects, have 12 darts collecting dust on inventory and some considerations to check:

• Unless I start working on dups of yellow *4, have no more yellow projects

• Need a replacement for Musashi in my defense team.

• My alliance uses yellow tanks for AW, since it is my only option Musashi is the only one for that role, think Owl could be at least more suitable for this role now…

• Druid emblems, have about 600 Druid emblems on inventory, BUT, luckyly I pulled Vela a week ago and she seems the one who will get those emblems… or maybe use them on Owl instead…

I want to convince myself that Owl could be useful in my current situation, will definitely take him to 3.70, but unless could get Poseidon or Joon next Atlantis, I think he will get the darts…

Personally I am levelling mine up. I PERSONALLY think he’s not overly overly bad… His main problem is that his Attack Stat doesn’t match up with his special skill… Otherwise he’s not toooo bad… The Very Slow matches with the portion of damage that he could do provided he was a bit more attack oriented.

I plan on using some of my darts on him too… Got 14 in stock.

My maxed 5* are: Drake Fong, Onatel, Inari and Rana
My options are: Guardian Owl, Drake Fong #2, Leonidas, Joon, Justice

My plan for Owl is to use him in Tournaments and maybe in Alliance War defences… He can actually be sneaky good… Can mess up both One-Shots & Cleanups

5 Likes

Thanks everyone… I am currently out of d blade and tome so in 6 months when I find some I’ll update as to whether my mn/owl combo works or not :slight_smile:

Yesterday I completely leveled up my only yellow 5*, the Guardian Owl. (Because there were 13 darts left)
In conclusion, the win rate for the 4-1 yellow stack has increased dramatically. When I beat Kuncheng Tank and Magni in a raid, all allies except Owl were defeated, and Owl vs Neith, Tyr, and Gregorion were each 70% HP, but the Owl beat them all alone.
Although the owl is in a limited situation, I am very satisfied with the ability to turn over the losing game.

6 Likes

I have him long ago before the re-balancing.
He is my first 5* Druid class before I got Boss Wolf, so all of druid emblems belonged to him.
When Boss Wolf got maxed and my alliance chose to do Purple tank, I had to withdraw all emblems and put to Boss Wolf. And now, all druid emblems are at Vela.

Do I have any intention to put druid emblem to G.Owl?
NO. Melendor and Boss Wolf would get them before G. Owl.

Do I love G.Owl?
Yes. and always.

When I use him?
Rush Attack Tour, G.Owl is very shine at right wing as a game changer
War (Attack), G.Owl is my yellow mono team at right wing as a game changer
The rest, I bench him…
Trials, he always has his spot at right wing as a game changer

2 Likes

I want the darts back.
Owl is bad.

1 Like

G.Owl was the last man standing on this war flag, He finished 3 opponents during the end of the fight. Unfortunately Poseidon got his shot to finish off my G. Owl, but he barely survive. My teammate could follow and clean the team easily.

3 Likes

I just stripped my +20 Caedmon. Now very soon I have 20 emblems on my Guardian Owl, accompanied with a level 17 mana troop, so he gets a bit faster too (from 13.5 down to 12 nodes, not sure how it translates to de Def war team). He is my yellow war tank so I have emblemd him on the defence path. At node 19 his def is 872 and HP is 1743. His job: must resists attacks so my wings and flanks will come in action. I am curious myself now for next wars to come :slight_smile:

1 Like

The website won’t let me upload the video but… Yeah I lost straight after I took this haha

2 Likes

Total trash. Into HA10 with this worthless POS.

He just needs higher attack states!

4 Likes