🗿 Guardian Chameleon: Guardians of Teltoc – Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Guardians of Teltoc Hero: Guardian Chameleon!

NOTE: Guardian Chameleon officially launched at 8:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post was set to go live 5 hours earlier at 03:00 GMT.

Guardian Chameleon

Rarity Element Class
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Wizard
Mana Speed Attack Defense Health
A
Average
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
Origin Family
Guardians of Teltoc Guardians
:dizzy: Special Skill: Elemental Magic
  • Removes all dispellable and undispellable status effects from all enemies.
  • Changes the element of all enemies to the element they are strong against for 3 turns.
  • All allies get +54% attack for 4 turns.
  • All allies get +36% critical chance for 4 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:family_man_woman_girl_boy: Guardians Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Guardian Chameleon from his last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Guardian Chameleon?

This thread is for initial thoughts and discussion on Guardian Chameleon.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Guardian Chameleon and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is he worth summoning for?

• Would you use him on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Would you give Guardian Chameleon Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of his special?

• What do you think of his character design?

• If you Summoned Guardian Chameleon and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Guardian Chameleon, and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Guardian Chameleon when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Guardian Chameleon, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Guardian Chameleon (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Guardian Chameleon), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Challenge Event Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many Summons are needed to get this Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2% chance of summoning Guardian Chameleon.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 18 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Chameleon by pull 100
  • 63 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Chameleon by pull 500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Chameleon by pull 1500
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Chameleon by pull 2300

Putting that in Perspective

• 82 out of every 100 people won’t get Guardian Chameleon by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 820,000 of those players wouldn’t get Guardian Chameleon

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Guardian Chameleon by the 1500th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 1500 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Guardian Chameleon

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Guardian Chameleon (post release)

Is Guardian Chameleon worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

What do you think Guardian Chameleon’s Primary Purpose is?

• Attack Team Oriented Support hero (Buffer)
  • Defence Team Oriented Support Hero (Buffer)
  • General Support Hero

0 voters

What do you think of Guardian Chameleon compared to other Support Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Guardian Chameleon’s Special Skill match its Base Stats?

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Guardian Chameleon worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Guardian Chameleon is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Guardian Chameleon will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments

0 voters

1 Like

Yep I was right ol Guv’s nose is starting to look like :poop:

1 Like

The chameleon came at the very last one! So happy about this!

1 Like

Well I just got Guardian Chameleon on the 12th summon…I’ve only ever summoned 1 event 5* before so I was actually fishing for Vela :joy:

But I’m 100% happy with him as he looks very good on paper.

What’s the general consensus on Guardian Chameleon?

From what I could gather. He’s basically a green ares at this point with more attacking capabilities

It’s not possible with his super dispel which cames first, you can attack only blue a red titans.

Attacking blue titans = chameleon + dispeller (melendor in my case) to get him back to blue, repeat after every 4 turns
Attacking red = chameleon to get him blue, repeat after every 3 turns

I was super lucky to get him with one coins pull so I am wondering about his usage, but I have Athena, so changing red to blue doesn’t seem to be appealing to me tho. But he should be an upgrade against blue titans as he could replace Gadeirus. I wonder how he will do on raids/wars

3 Likes

Really? Are you kidding ?

So first you add undispellabe effects to game (so far so good). Than you will add hero that can dispell undispellable effects. What will come next? Effects sooo undispellable that even hero wich can dispell undispellable effects cannot dispell them?

Sorry guys but this is serious ****.

23 Likes

Did some testing and found out:

• element change is probably debuff, so it cannot be dispelled. Didn’t try if enemy cleanser can remove it. Chameleon is useless against blue titans then (unless fired three times every three turns :laughing: ), so you can use it on red titans with green stack (and fire every three turns) or against green (and fire twice every three turns)
  • Chameleon’s remove ability doesn’t remove previously used element change, so blue goes to green on first cast and if it won’t wore off it goes to red when casted again next. That seems weird tho, because element change is listed as status effect and it should be removed too :man_shrugging:
  • Chameleon’s remove ability removes buff and debuffs too, so it can go against you. It makes it harder for titans too, because you need to cast defense/attack/element debuff after every chameleon’s special

With all this, I definitely won’t use chameleon on titans.

5 Likes

I recharged him thrice before his debuff removed.

Red changed → green → blue
Purple changed → yellow → purple

Didn’t expect those hero’s change color twice. :man_shrugging:t2:

I admit I’ve been confused about this hero since the beta thread. The buffing part makes sense to me and I think a green-Ares is a fine way to look at that component. What I’ve long struggled with is the part about changing “the element of all enemies to the element they are strong against…”

Is this correct? Let’s say I set a defense with a a red tank (not Mitsuko) with Guardian Chameleon flanking. My enemy likely brings a blue stack. However, they are too slow to get a kill and Guardian Chameleon fires, changing my enemy’s stack to red, which is neutral against my tank. I am happy.

Alternative scenario: same defense and attack setup but they plow through my tank. Chameleon fires and makes their stack STRONG against my now exposed flank. I am unhappy!

Since you can’t control their timing, they don’t seem a strong option in defense, unless I’m just completely misunderstanding this dynamic / the interactions.

1 Like

I have faced G.Chameleon as the boss in Legendary - Stage 7. I’ve stacked monoblues in Miki, Frida, Athena, Master Lepus and Ariel. At the onset, Miki prevented G.Chameleon from casting his skills. But when he does, the elemental change took place, changing the element of my heroes all from blue to red, which is a strong color against G.Chameleon. It doesn’t make sense since reds are strong against green and greens are weak against red. I think there is a need to fix this. Please check this out. Or else, i will be bummed since I was able to pull him earlier in the first minute when the Teltoc gate opened.

Green potion worked fine on his effect, reverting all my heroes. And yes, his changes red to green and then blue.

Defense only without the option option, but then you have the problem @IvyTheTerrible described.

So, he’s a offensive hero?

2 Likes

I think you need to time his special and select who you are attacking. I would take him against say a blue tank with red flank(s). Take out the tank and then fire chameleon to turn the red(s) green.

Or against yellow/purple tank with purple/yellow flanks and take out tank and then fire chameleon so the flanks are now weak against your stack.

Looks like G. Chameleon’s special is really confusing. My feeling is that you need to do a lot of strategic planning and timing to fully take advantage of his abilities. I for one am not intelligent enough to do all that calculation lol

1 Like

So you could use him on titans if you felt like burning mana potions. Blue would go to red to green to blue again if you used 2 super mana potions after you fired him.

Only reason he went off is because the boards weren’t cooperating. I would have more greens or yellows than purples or reds. So changing me to a weak color really only helped me lol.

Seems like a fun idea, but every time he went off I couldn’t help but think of my feelings towards the Cheshire Cat: maddening to work with and nothing to be afraid of.

That’s not a bug. It changes a hero into the color it’s string against. Blue heroes are strong against red, so it changes your blue heroes into reds.

I fail to see a use case on offense (way too complicated to get the timing right), but maybe the chameleon could be used in defense to mess with the attacker.

1 Like

I pulled him this morning and I was a bit confused about his application so went through the options to see if I could find a reason to max him.

Titans : 0/10. I don’t see him as viable for titans. If I use him for titans I want to use whatever mana potions I have to load miki, wu etc… I don’t see the attack buff increasing damage more than a titan that is always the right color. On top of that he would dispel any offensive buffs you have from miki, wu etc.

Defense : 0/10 On Defence I think he is only a liability. By the time he loads his skill chances are that the enemy has few of his stacked colors left on his board which means that there will be a lot of tiles in off colors. Switching the enemies colors to a color of which there are a lot of tiles to load specials with is suicide. I would NEVER use him on defence. Defence is about punishing bad boards, not turning them in your enemies favor. If the board would be good then the skill would be too little too late. It won’t make you beat good boards but it will probably make you lose against bad ones.

Offense : 3/10 That leaves Offense as his only possible application. Here the only application I can see is against 2/1 centres where the flanks are strong against the tanks weak color. Purple/yellow or Blue tank with red flanks, Green Tank with blue flanks, Red tank with green flanks. In these scnarios however the use is only ever good after the tank was killed after which you have a serious case of Ameonna complex ( using tiles to load a skill that needs tiles to deal damage which are now no longer on the board ). The skill is therefore only useful in a best case scenario where you have a good enough board to wipe the tank and load your skills which should be winning with any decent 5* hero. A hero that makes a winning situation into a a slightly more winnable situation isn’t useful.

I gave a 3 rating on offence because there is a niche application Ursena This allows you to stack off color againsther and flip her color. I could see a purple stack + Chameleon doing a job against an Ursena tank who is notoriously hard to take down but even then you need to have the right tiles to pull it off.

In short I rate the chameleon at a 1/10 overall. Fun idea but Mok-Arr, Margeret, Atomos level of execution.

They got this skill very, very wrong. A chameleon changes his own color. This skill should reflect that and allow you to change your own team’s color. Use green tiles load him up and then continue firing with the blue tiles on your board… This would of course require removing the attack and crit buff.

9 Likes