šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Tavern of Legends Event [Part of The Beta Beat v29]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the new Tavern of Legends Event.

UPDATE

Please continue discussion here:

=> šŸ» [May 22, 2020] Tavern of Legends Event ā€“ FAQ & Team Discussion

:dizzy: Notice About Quest Bosses & Enemies

:spiral_calendar: Planned Schedule for Tavern of Legends Event

Thereā€™s no official announcement yet, but we have indication that May 22 is the tentative date.

Donā€™t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, donā€™t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

Itā€™s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldnā€™t get too attached to any of this ā€” itā€™s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

New Secret Legendary Hero

The Legends Summon Portal includes a 0.1% chance of summoning a ā€œsecretā€ Legendary Hero.

The Heroā€™s artwork is blacked out in Beta, and the Heroā€™s name is listed simply as ā€œ???.ā€

Legendary 5*
Element: Dark/Purple
Stats: 772 / 725 / 1332
Class: Rogue

Absorb Memorize Status Ailments ā€“ This hero has an innate ability to absorb memorize status ailments. The latest 5 status ailments that are cast on the Hero will stay absorbed memorized until the Special Skill is cast.

NOTE FROM FIRST VERSION: A few Beta testers pointed out that this innate ability was likely confusingly named ā€” ā€œabsorbingā€ sounds like the Hero wouldnā€™t receive the status ailment themselves, but they do. They also ā€œabsorbā€ it for use in casting themselves, but they arenā€™t immune to the ailments.

UPDATE: Clearly the game designers agreed with the Beta feedback about the confusing ā€œabsorbedā€ usage, and have changed it to ā€œmemorized.ā€

Speed: Very Fast
Special Skill: Absordium Deflectors

• Deals 107% damage to all enemies.
  • All status ailments absorbed memorized by the innate ability are cast to all enemies.

Additional Information on ???

As of the second Beta, the Secret ??? Hero can now memorize status effects from every source:
Minions, stolen status effects, passive skills, items etc.

Tavern of Legends Quest

The Tavern of Legends Quest is special one, a bit different than any existing quests ā€” it has a Special Rule:

Hero Roster Mastery
Each Hero can only be used once during this quest.

Heroes are considered used when you start a quest battle. The battles will get increasingly difficult, so plan your Teams carefully!

NOTE: I confirmed in Beta that this includes if you fail a Stage. So if you need to retry a Stage, youā€™ll have to select new Heroes for your Attack Team.

April 9 Update: The Recommended TP amounts were adjusted in Beta. Theyā€™re noted below as old and new.

Stage WE Recommended TP Legends Coins
1 4 1800 10
2 4 1900 2100 10
3 5 2400 2500 15
4 5 3400 2800 15
5 6 4100 3200 20
6 6 4200 3500 20
7 7 4300 3800 25
8 7 4400 4200 25
9 8 4500 30
10 10 4600 40

Legends Summon Portal

Past Heroes of the Month are included in Legends Summon when 12 months have passed since their original release date.

Past Heroes of the Month (HOTM) initially available:

• Hel
  • Athena
  • Ares
  • Mushashi
  • Alberich
  • Thoth-Amun
  • Perseus
  • Natalya
  • Zeline
  • Delilah
  • Aeron
  • Alasie
  • Gravemaker
  • Gregorian
  • Drake Fong
  • Khiona
  • Aegir
  • Zimkitha
  • Evelyn
  • Onatel
  • Kunchen
  • Frida
  • Anzogh

Appearance Rates

• Rare Classic Hero: 71.0%
  • Epic Classic Hero: 26.5%
  • Legendary Classic Hero 1.2%
  • Legendary Past Hero of the Month: 1.3%

SECRET BONUS DRAW

• Legendary Secret Hero: 0.1%

NOTE: The current HOTM is NOT included in the Legends Summon Portal.

Summon Costs

• Single: 300 Gems or 100 Legends Coins
  • 10x: 2600 Gems
  • 30x: 7800 7500 Gems

Legends Coin Summon Token

In-game tooltip:

Used for a free summon at the Legends Summon. You need 100 coins for one summon.

This item can be received as a reward from Wanted Missions, Titan Battles, Alliance Wars and Challenge Events Legends Quests.

The appearance is a gold square coin with cut corners, and a gold star on its face.

Relationship to Hero Academy

I asked the Small Giant Staff to explicitly confirm that Tavern of Legends doesnā€™t mean Hero Academy has been scrapped:

For a full list of items currently in Beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

66 Likes

Why am I instantly sceptical that there is other stuff in the summons portalā€¦ :thinking:

21 Likes

Iā€™m sure there will beā€¦

3 Likes

I have kinda bad feeling about HA after seeing this ā€¦

16 Likes

So weā€™ll finally know whether to keep duplicate 5* or not. Soon :smiley:

Is tavern replacing hero academy or is that a separate building while they keep thinking about the academy?
@zephyr1

1 Like

Testing this in beta wasnā€™t fun at all. I donā€™t think I can disclose pictures or information about pull rates, but I did 150 + with 3 5*.

I like this tavern, I do not like the odds is all.

13 Likes

I expect Hero Academy will still be coming separately.

I have the Appearance Rates posted in the top post of this thread.

2 Likes

I think .71 for Rare is far too steep. I think it needs to be shifted into epic and .5% for the secret hero.

At this current rate, it is truly the most Gacha thing Iā€™ve seen. The odds just make this not worth it.

20 Likes

If you had a chance to ask @Petri or someone in power, that would be good to know :wink:

So another once a month event?

Hmmā€¦ I can totally understand normal s1 heroes for the s2 and s3 portals, but s1 heroes in this portal leaves a bad taste in the mouth, especially since there is no chance for hotm.

do we know what element the secret hero is?

12 Likes

Iā€™ll ask, but itā€™s still listed as ā€œComing Soonā€ in this Beta build, and we saw an accidental preview of it a while ago, so I have no reason to think theyā€™ve scrapped SH25 and Hero Academy.

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s Dark/Purple ā€” Iā€™ve added that to the top post of this thread, my apologies for omitting it.

3 Likes

I think we all knew they werenā€™t going to put the old HOTMā€™s in HA where they could be obtained for free lol that wouldā€™ve cost SG a lot of potential revenue. Figured something like this was coming. Wondering where a new event fits in. Maybe the same week as costumes?

3 Likes

This seems great for veteran players with incredibly deep rosters.

I donā€™t like it for no other reason than it feels like I have to plan like Alliance Wars in PvE content.

10 Likes

Weā€™ve seen HOTM in Hero Academy in a past Beta.

Please donā€™t jump to conclusions that Tavern of Legends means Hero Academy wonā€™t include HOTM. Itā€™s premature to speculate.

7 Likes

Looking at calendar and trying to find a slotā€¦ The third Thursday-Friday?

The quest and portal in Beta are set to expire in a little under 13 days ā€” Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s just for Beta, or if itā€™s intended to be a longer-running event in the live game.

Iā€™ll see if I can find out.

For anyone curious, if you run a hero with status ailment protection the new 5* still absorbs the ailment and is able to cast it back.
Grazul is looking pretty good again. Lets hope that is how it is intended

5 Likes

Also I do not know if it is just enemy cast, because I dont have any springville heroes, but I assume if you use Killhare her ailment will be absorbed and you can cast it on the enemy.

4 Likes