šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Tavern of Legends Event [Part of The Beta Beat v29]

Love the idea of new gameplay modes.

However - do we need to do the stages sequentially or can we start with level 10? Planning would be much easier if I knew I could start from the top lol.

6 Likes

Moderatorā€™s Note

I have confirmation back from the Small Giant Staff that Hero Academy is still in the works. The exact timing for Beta testing isnā€™t certain yet, but itā€™s currently expected in late April or May.

16 Likes

Preparing to see multiple posts how this design is unfair to new playersā€¦

4 Likes

over 20 past hotm with a chance of 1,3 % and probably most of the time you will get Thoth-Amun :smiley:
not gonna make any pulls for gems there - remove classic heroes, only roll for HOTM and increase gem cost but not the coin cost and its ok

11 Likes

The game mechanics seem cool. Finally a good reason to level duplicates. From what we got so far it looks like a logical thing is to use 3* in the first few stages, then 4* and leaving nice shiny 5* for the last ones. Donā€™t quite remember what TP you can achieve by having five 3* (plus emblems) but it looks doable and a nice reason to keep the good 3* (now we have Tournaments and Rare in events).

Summoning odds are nothing new, SGā€™s gonna remove classic 3* and 4* from ā€œspecialā€ summoning portals when hell freezes over :upside_down_face:

16 Likes

Not a new complaint. :woman_facepalming:

Anything with tiers of increased difficulty is going to get that Iā€™m afraidā€¦ events, POVā€¦ now this.

People think everyone should get the same participation ribbon regardless of where theyā€™re at in the game.

14 Likes

Guvs Personal Opinion

Roster Mastery
I LOVE the quest concept. Having to preplan your hero use is really really sweet. It gives players something to aim for AND gives a challenge to long term / late game players.

The number of coins available means that, even if you only complete 7 stages, you can still get a substantial number of coins (can do a summon in fact)

So yeah, REALLY stoked for the Roster Mastery aspect of the quest.

Summons Portal
Not a massive fan of the Classic Hero summon ratesā€¦ I would personally prefer if either:

1. The odds are reduced for S1 heroes
  2. The S1 heroes are completely removed & the summons cost is jacked up (say 1k coinsā€¦ Or 1.5k coins). For this I would want the gem summons option removed.

Iā€™d love if it was ONLY the returning HotM and we were forced to pay heaps of coins & also not possible to use gems

44 Likes

That sounds likeā€¦ Heroā€™s Academy? :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m thinking this feature sounds like the p2w version of HA; Iā€™m guessing that HA is stricted limited in some way (say 10 tries per month or something) to satisfy peopleā€™s need of a ā€œf2p friendly featureā€; but then, for p2w players who still want more chances to pull old hotms, they have this.

Or else this feature is super redundant, so I canā€™t think of another good reason for why this happened (unless HA changed completely, but then youā€™d have to think how it changed, and I canā€™t think of a way where itā€™s still f2p friendly if it doesnā€™t offer old hotms).

Personally, I would like to see the price of the portal go up to 350 gems, and

offer costumes (with no hero) instead of the generic s1 heroes, with the same pull chance as described above. I think thatā€™s a good compromise thatā€™s acceptable to players and SG.

4 Likes

so you finish all stages and you get to do 2 summons with 72% of rareā€¦i guess its not about your roaster but more about sucking more moneyā€¦oh and dont forget 0.1% for the secret heroā€¦and what any player to expect from HA after this but more junk :frowning:

9 Likes

this is what i said, but included gem cost in my post.
removing gem pull is fine, but be able to pull at least once / month with the collected coins to catch up.
s1 classic champs not needed there for sureā€¦

Okay, nice, I kinda agree with Guvnor.

The idea that we can use our heroes only once is nice. We long term players need things like that to stay entertained. Made me calculate my heroes againā€¦ with 90 maxed 5/4 or 5s at 3.70 + 30 3 stars I should not be worried I guess, although it did make me think about it for a second. It also looks that the rainbow teams will be favoured here. Thatā€™s great news. I am kinda worried about the step curve here, with 5 unique teams required to beat the challenge for 4200+ TP. Wish I could see it in practice, but I trust beta testers are all over it. I also hope the monsters/heroes we beat here will be more diverse than fighting the same over and over again just with better hp/dmg.

Now, the challenge is well welcome but mostly because there is a reward for it. The reward here being 2 free pulls on a lottery ticket, where even if I score the only really meaningful pool (1.3%+0.1%) it may be a duplicate or a hero I never even wanted it becomes instant meh for me. Not being able to pull a current HotM of this portal also looks to be repeated mistake that they already did and had to fix for costumes. Sorry but even if people do put their gems here, I am sure they will realize it makes no sense. Those people will be usually chasing a specific HotM, like Hel, or Drake, or GMā€¦ I am pretty sure after 1000th Belith and 6th Aegir even fattest whales will give up on this portal, especially when it impacts their ability to get unique heroes elsewhere, even current HotMs. Furthermore, locking such huge pool of heroes, many of which are considered crucial, behind such ridiculous paywall, is at leastā€¦ concerning. Especially when player base expected evolving TC or Hero Academy to provide access to these heroes even behind hard grinding.

I donā€™t even want to comment on the unknown hero. A hero with 1/1000 chance of appearing, when each chance costs 3-5 dollars. Even lotteries have better ROI.

So yeah, while the activity itself looks like fun addition - the reward for WE and successful planning discourages me a lot. The fact that past HotMs are hidden behind the thickest paywall this game ever saw instead of making them more accessible to the players makes me superconcerned.

31 Likes

So, does that mean that SG is going to revamp Atlantis Summons? It seems unlikely that they leave old HOTMs in Atlantis if they can turn it into another money-making portal.

6 Likes

Probably not, the old HOTM will just rotate into Legends after a year cycling through Atlantis.

2 Likes

Like the concept, hate the odds. Well you can apply this to most thing in E&P anyway.

16 Likes

Cool, by me. Look forward to see new stuff that can bring heroes to my rooster :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The difficulty is ok with mana control heroes. I pulled them off the shelf without knowing what the bosses were and I beat the first 4-5 levels with 3* and the levels up to 8 with 4*. I didnā€™t want to waste time so I used 5* on the last two but Iā€™m sure they are beatable with 4* heroes and Iā€™ll bet a crazy person will do it with 3*. I admit that I have over 70 4* maxed but I didnā€™t even touch the S3 heroes; in fact I used mostly S1.

BTW you can bring 5* battle items from Hunterā€™s Lodge. I didnā€™t use any but they could put you over the top.

I made some recommendations for them to allow folks to preview the bosses. Otherwise some players with barely enough heroes are going to be really sad.

17 Likes

I really like the quest idea. I would personally like it more if you can re-use heroes on a lost stage but I can see big spenders with 30+ 5* heroes enjoying this kind of difficulty.

The new gacha legendary mechanic with the 0,1% will most likely burn some spenders the month it has a very OP hero and they dont get it. Those ā€œI quitā€ post will be fun to read.

Overall the quest idea is very refreshing but I canā€™t keep getting dissapointed at how much they are pushing the AH. First with the POV now with this. Hopefully now that they have added to the game 3 big cash sink holes mechanics in a row, they will maybe focus on AH?.

5 Likes

Very tough boss fights, so as in any tough boss fight, mana blockers or controllers, time stops, dragon attacks and bomb attacks are essential.

I havenā€™t used time stops or nukes, used just a couple of mana and health potions throughout. Cleared stages 1-4 with unemblemed 3*, stages 5-7 with unblemed 4*, stages 8-9 with mostly emblemed 4*. Unable to clear last stage in 3 trials, with emblemed 4*, unemblemed 5* and emblemed 5*.

10 Likes

I am also not a fan of the gem costs combined with season 1 heroes. We have lots of special summons already. No need for another one with a high chance of only getting season1 heroes especially as the wanted heroes are all old HotM.

To make this a bit better I support the idea to remove season1 heroes. Increase the costs drastic but make it 100% for a 5 star hero.
Plus If they want Hero Academy to be done another simple solution: Let us sacrifice 3/4/5 star heroes for legendary coins. It can be done like alchemy lab with a timer so P2W players donā€™t instantly get lots of old HotM. F2P Players would be extremely happy as they can slowly make progress towards a guaranteed non season 1 5star hero (even slowly)

12 Likes

Complaint train starts rollin so quickly in this game that if anyone reads enough of em, it sucks the fun out of new stuff before theyā€™re even tried

Lol idk why i even bother on clickin threads about new features or heroesā€¦always same ol people moanin, groanin, and whinin

Whiners: ā€œWe have no shot at past hotmā€
Sg: ā€œok we have a new event that gives you a chance at past hotmā€

Whiners: ā€œbut you guys didnā€™t make the summons GUARANTEED hotm, this is a bunch of bull****!!!ā€

SG: ā€œUmmā€¦yeaā€¦we donā€™t do that here, i think youā€™re thinking of some other gameā€¦ā€

32 Likes