🔵 [Apr 08, 2020] Trials of Shadows Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Shadows!

This is the Ninth of the Trials in the 13th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Shadows

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Shadows?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Shadows?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Shadows

• There are a number of healer options available for this trial (Sabina, Lady of the Lake, Brynhild Costumed Vivica & Costumed Hawkmoon). Did you bring any of them along?

• How did you deal with Boss Scarlett and Skittleskull’s attack debuffs? Some possible options include Antidotes, using Rogue Khiona to overwrite the debuffs, using Sorcerer Mitsuko for mana control, using Sorcerer Ameonna to shed to status effects on herself, using Rogues Inari or Margaret to dodge the specials, using Rogue Peters to silence, or using Rogue Costumed Tyrum to clear the ailments.

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Shadows occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Shadows Discussions
5 Likes

blue trainer, blue trainer, blue trainer! My vela is hungry :smiley:

4 Likes

Finished it, same team as last time

Sabina +18, Jackal +18, Ursena +6, Brynhild +11, Scarlett+1

Used two arrow attacks and three small antidotes in the final stage against the bosses and I will use the Trainer Hero for Fenrir who is in his last tier :slight_smile:
was fun, now on to Wonderland :pray:

4 Likes

Did it with:
Cheshire Cat +19
Guardian Jackal +20
Sif 4/57
Sorcerer Supreme Vivica +3
Natalya +5

Yeah, wasn’t hard. Did not use even any items this time. It helped I have three holy heroes in stage where considerable number of enemies is dark. Sif’s special is great here and helped Jackal survive.

Emblems will be saved for Sif once she hits 80.

2 Likes

Newish team
Last time Majana was +8
Ice Witch in for 3/70 Musashi
Ursena in for Jackal

Not sure why i threw an Axe :joy:

Plenty of diamonds but wrong colour mostly

Big guns went the distance

Emblems for Ursena and Majana, trainer for Vela

3 Likes

Or, the Trials of Sorcerers as I like to call it. Seeing my highest Rogue is Dawa! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

First Shadow Trials where I removed Inari (she’s not that helpful fighting monsters anyway) and took Brynhild as the first real healer I have for these rogue trials.

So the team was Scarlett - Marjana - Brynhild - Mitsuko - Morgan la Fay

I only used one potent healing potion to ensure Brynhild does not die on a crucial moment before charging (turned out not necessary as someone else took the hit). Final stage Scarlett went down to bosses at some point, but the rest made it through with no scratch. Easy.

5 Likes

Skittle / Scarlett /Peters / Kelile / Sabina

Last time Skittle was 3/60, this time he is max with a few emblems.
I used a few Dragon attacks on this because I got a little paranoid, but otherwise it was easy enough.

3 Likes

Rogue Li Xiu makes her debut on my Trials team! She replaces Skittleskull.

Another of the Trials where I do NOT have to nuke the bosses, thanks to Sabina’s heal + Inari’s dodge + the Rogue talents. Li’s mana cut helps too. I only needed a mana potion for Sabina, to heal at a critical moment.

Emblems - for Sorceror, haven’t decided yet, Sabsy is already at +20 and Skittles is comfy at +6, plus I don’t use her that much anymore. For Rogue, will probably save them for Marjana as she features on my raid defense team.

forgot to take a screenshot of the actual battle because, like with many things, I multi-task…

4 Likes

My team:

I had to use 2 bear banners so as to counter Scarlett’s attack debuff.

The new emblems will go to Domitia and Quintus.

4 Likes

I meant to blow 3 potent healing potions to complete the daily POV mission but used 1 and forgot to use the rest lol :man_facepalming:

My team:

Started the final stage with a yellow diamond so it was a breeze :wind_face:

7 Likes

Domitia / Sabina +20 / Peters +1 / Marjana +10 / Khelie

Not particulary hard, but I did use a couple of bombs and healing. Domitia got killed due to not paying attention.

Trainer is waiting for a blue project (working 3*s at the moment until I draw something worth leveling). Rogue emblems Marjana. Sorcerer banked.

2 Likes

My team this time:

• Domitia +14
  • Sabina +20
  • Ameonna +19
  • Kelile 4^70
  • Scarlett 4^70

Same team as last time; Domitia and Ameonna each up one talent. I don’t love running 3-2 in this trial, especially when the 3 are weak to a boss. Some of the discussions about Norns have me thinking of leveling them for sorcerer trials. Making purple bosses weak to tiles from a +19 Ameonna sounds fun. But Vivica and Kvasir are ahead of them in yellow, at the moment.

Mob waves were ho-hum. Did pop a red diamond I hoped to save for the boss wave, so that was no fun. Boss wave started out pretty well, but holy cow, the off-color diamonds! At one point, I had diamonds in all three off colors on the board at the same time. It was insane. Popped two of those at once, which allowed all three bosses to fire on the same turn. Kelile didn’t survive that. Thank goodness Ameonna was ghosted. Seemed like I was unable to charge either Scarlett or Sabina to help survivability, so I burned through potions pretty quickly and also used a lot of antidotes. Things got a little better when Boss Skittles died, but the off colors kept on coming, and Scarlett and Ameonna both fell before I could take down Boss Scarlett or Boss Domitia. Out of potions, I used a dragon and a bomb to take down Boss Scarlett. Item usage would have been a lot heavier, but for once, my Domitia’s evade talent was on, dodging two would-be mortal attacks in the waning moments of the fight. I only used one more bomb for the rest of the fight, so considering the circumstances, it could have gone worse.

Not enough rogue emblems for Domitia to step up a talent. Sorcerer emblems go to Skittleskull, taking her to +2. Now that I have her costume, I may give her another look at some point, especially in cleric trials, where I need a little more firepower. Trainer hero goes to Sonya’s costume.

2 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

No change… only items swtich to Potent Healing because of PoV daily challange.
On Bench
Screenshot at Apr 08 20-19-33

The Battle

Not so great, but decent start.

Used all Potent Healing, I know it should be 3x Potent, but whatever…

Reward

Emblem Soccerer, finally Ursena is maxed yesterday, and I’m carefully using emblem because of ham. Rogue I think I keep for a while, maybe for Brynhild after max, let see.
Trainer keep for a while, no blue project currently 2nd Sonya at 2nd tier.

7 Likes

Team last time

I think I forgot to post last time. In any case, I shifted the team around and swapped +20 G. Jackal for Kelile. No real issues getting through the trial. Used a few items to soften up the bunch, like I usually do.

Between the Trainer heroes in the Springvale/Wonderland events and this trial, I was able to max Telluria. Now on to Vela next. Emblems saved for now.

3 Likes

Nice and easy.

Very comfortable, no items needed :tada::ok_hand:

5 Likes

Team last time

This time brought in Kelile on her final ascension, for Scarlett.

The battle :

Used a number of items, arrows, minor antidote, minor mana and healing pots;
Trainer and emblems all saved for now

7 Likes

Same team as last time, just few more emblems in Alice. Went very smoothly, no items needed, Trainer saved, rogue emblems brought Alice one node up, sorcerer emblems saved for next node for my freshly ascended Morgan.

4 Likes

Took with me:
Sabina +11 - Hawkmoon (C) - Brynhild +4 - Scarlett +19 - Kelile +7

Did not need to use any battle items. Kelile died really fast in the last wave, Hawkmoon lasted until Skittleskull and Domitia were close to dead. I would say Brynhild made a great addition to my team this time around. 10/10 would recommend her!

5 Likes