🧙 Cristóbal – 5* Nature / Green from Tower of Magic

New Tower of Magic Hero Released: Cristóbal

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Cristóbal, as well as your thoughts on him.

Cristóbal

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Sorcerer
M
Magic
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 852 819 1527
4/90 975 937 1747
Origin Family
Tower of Magic Magic
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: When this character casts their Special Skill, they have 50% chance to give -25% mana generation for 3 turns to all their enemies. If the Special Skill is fully charged, the chance is 100%.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Stalling Charmed Dual Blade
  • 1x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 250% damage to the target.
    • Deals 500% damage if the target has less than 50% health remaining.
  • 2x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 215% damage to all enemies.
    • Deals 430% damage if the target has more than 50% health remaining

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Magic” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Magic Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% / 100% chance to cast +5% mana generation stack on a random ally when this hero casts their Special skill.
    Maximum stack size: 10

Note: Family bonus can be triggered on the first and second mana charge too.
The new heroes have passive abilities too, which can be triggered on the second mana charge only.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Feb 2022

Apr 2022

Version 57 (Apr 2023)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes since Beta.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Tower of Magic Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v39, v41]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Cristóbal ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Cristóbal.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Cristóbal and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Cristóbal worth summoning for?

• Would you use Cristóbal on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Cristóbal ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Cristóbal as an opponent?

• Would you give Cristóbal Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Cristóbal’s character design?

• If you Summoned Cristóbal and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Cristóbal, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Cristóbal when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Cristóbal, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Cristóbal (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Cristóbal), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Cristóbal.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Cristóbal by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Cristóbal by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Cristóbal by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Cristóbal by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Cristóbal by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Cristóbal

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Cristóbal by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Cristóbal

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Cristóbal (post release)

:question: Is Cristóbal worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Cristóbal would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Cristóbal’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (1 enemy)
  • Damage Dealer (all enemies)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Cristóbal compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Cristóbal’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Cristóbal’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Cristóbal worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Cristóbal is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Cristóbal is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

3 Likes

4 Likes

Congrats again on your Cristobal, Ranvir! :star_struck: Does his artwork move around in that screen? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Thank you again Sam. Yes it’s animated.

See

Screen_Recording_20210915-105742_Empires-2

The video quality is low :face_with_thermometer:

7 Likes

Still looks pretty good to me. :+1: Thank you for sharing. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Feels like people are sleeping on him, that hit all charges fast enough to hit while health is still high and the VF snipe is an absolute finisher

5 Likes

He used to be much stronger when his 1x did 470% when target had more than 50% hp and 2x did 400% when targets had less than 50% hp. But I’m glad they reversed it b/c that ■■■ would’ve been too strong.

For his 1x to be effective you’ll probably have to pair him with other VF hitters. Or use him in mono or 4-1 and maybe the green tiles will bring an enemy to under 50% hp.

As with ninjas, it’s always nice to have that flexibility on offense of holding the 1x to charge the 2x depending on the situation. I don’t really see him making defense teams tho when there are better options.

3 Likes

Hehe, he has chubby cheeks

Just got him. Kage and him would play nicely.

Well now his AoE is 400% if target has 50%+ HP. 200% is still nice and going from 791 attack it is likely to finish of the weakened hero: for rest there is those 400%. If it fires, it can be potential Total Party Kill.

Until now he looked bland to me, and his special is still kinda the least different - but the choice of going for single target or multiple is still extremely useful. He’s kinda closest to ninjas actually.

3 Likes

He’s definitely a great versatile hero. But I think I’d still rather have Milena who goes to 920 attack at +20 and 2x does a consistent 390% plus dispel. She’s also wizard so jinx could increase it even more. Milena’s 2x does more damage than Cobalt’s 3x lol.

3 Likes

Just compare Milena 3x charge vs Cobalt 3x charge :smiley:

Cobalt does 360% ignoring dmg and thats it, she does 390% + 20% heal + dispel + cleanse to all :smiley:

Like SG developers say, its a mellow power creep… literaly next tower event difference :slight_smile:

And Cobalt was before that an undisputed king in blues

1 Like

Cobalts power is that he bypasses all defenses. Milena just isn’t on that level. Just bring a Mitsuko and she’s ignorable.

And cobalt I think still has higher attack stats. Although it’s about a 20 point difference, the cynic in me wants to say this matters a lot :upside_down_face:

I would like more Milena or Nedezhda than Cristobal but Cristobal is still great. Unlike Jade in Ninjas, he’s still powerful and versatile (the fact all Magic Tower heroes are super useful, including 3* and 4*, is one reason I’m going all out with pulls). Just need Tonics for him.

Also main problem with Cobalt is his 100% bypass everything on 3x charge. Milena has counters such as Mits, Sif, defense increase etc. With Cobalt you have taunters and that’s pretty much it. But 3x Cobalt takes longer to get than Tier 2 Milena, so there’s that.

4 Likes

You do understand, that Cobalt only edge is defense bypass in comparison to Milena, but Milena has like 5 other major advantages over him? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I feel directly responsible for Cristobal, as it was my suggestion in beta to swap the conditions for him :stuck_out_tongue:

I consider this guy to be “what Fenrir should always have been”. You can finish the wounded target at very fast speed, but if there is noone below 50%, you can wait few turns. Now with Fenrir, that waiting was a time wasted - with Cristobal, you spend this time charging for the “big nuke”. If board is nice, he is strong finisher. If board is not nice, he is the chance to turn the tables later on. In average situations he is a nice supporting damage dealer. Pretty versatile hero. One of my favourites from this event.

Before the condition swap, he was a weird case where you’d generally prefer his charge 1 over charge 2 offensively, however, when in defense, his charge 2 was insanely overpowered.

10 Likes

Cobalt is great for his 2nd and 3rd charge. Milena is great both for the 1st charge and the 2nd and doing two very different things - healing and cleanse + huge damage and dispell, she is more versatile and in my opinion her 2nd charge is kind of overpowered (a different sort of Alfrike), especially since Cobalt’s 3rd charge needs 15 tiles, Milena needs 12.3. But indeed Sif is a good counter to Milena, while Cobalt laughs at her :slight_smile:

That being said, on defense, I would prefer Cobalt to Milena for his 2nd charge.

Enough said though, I now noticed that the topic is about Cristobal, not about Milena and people will start calling me a troll :smiley:

1 Like

He’s still a great hitter and is so much more balanced than before

1 Like

Does his reduced attack to non nature heroes
Only occur on 2nd charge?